The most beautiful and terrifying thing about a relationship is the mystery of it. There will always be something or the other that you don’t know about your partner, no matter how long you have been together. But this is why love exists, so people can grow together and unravel new, hidden sides of each other.
This constant exploration can be both emotional exploration and physical exploration. Every relationship has its kind of love language and so, if yours is expressing your feelings with physical intimacy, through hugs, kisses, or making love, then there is nothing shameful about it. It is just as valid and special as love letters and romantic poems.
Do you and your partner enjoy spending hours exploring each other’s body? Are you the kind of lovers who like knowing that the other is also physically close to them, along with being emotionally present? Well then, kissing may be one of your favourite things to do, no matter how often you do it.
You may find yourself finding meaning in each type of kiss, from the protectiveness of the firm forehead kiss to the fluffiness of a sweet cheek kiss. All these gestures may have their little meanings for you, making them your type of love letters to give each other.
So, if you do enjoy giving your partner kisses, you probably know that kisses can give different sensations depending on the body part where they are given. Even though lip kisses remain to be magical, there are many other types of kisses that your partner may enjoy occasionally too.
One of these is kissing on the ear. Our ears may not be as popular of a love spot as our lips are, but they have certain pleasure points hidden in them, which can elicit an enthusiastic response in your partner if pressed correctly.
Kissing ears can be a good way to make tingles run down your partner’s spine and build the mood that you are aiming for. Along with kissing ears, a teasing nibble on the ear can also feel very pleasurable for your partner.
So, if you want to indulge in a little bit of ear nibbling and kissing the next time the mood is just right for it, here is how you can do it to get the maximum effect.
How to kiss your partner’s ears?
Before getting started with kissing ears, always ask your partner if they are comfortable trying it with you. Things always feel the best when both parties feel safe and secure in the act. Ask them how they feel about ear nibbling the next time you make out and get to know if they have certain preferences.
It’s not embarrassing to let your partner guide you, because ultimately, they know their body best and if they have certain sensitive spots that they want you to target during ear kissing, then knowing about them will give the best results for the both of you.
Remember that it is okay if things don’t go as smoothly as you are picturing, especially if it is your first time trying something like this. The whole joy of a relationship is slowly growing together, learning more and more things about each other.
If the first time is awkward, then the second will be less awkward, until one day there will be a time that will be nothing short of perfect. So, keep your own comfort in mind, too and tell your partner if you are nervous about ear kissing, so they can reassure.
Now that all the essentials are taken care of, let’s jump into the steps for ear nibbling and kissing:
- First, don’t be shy if you need to turn their head in another direction so you can get access to their ear. If you are trying while you have already been making out, your partner’s face may be in a position where their ear is hidden. So, gently grab their jaw and turn their head away, so that their ear is now in front of you.
- Don’t directly move to kissing ears. Kiss along their jawline, even on their neck, slowly moving upwards towards your target region.
- Kiss the spot where the ear meets the jaw, the place where between the lobe and the skin. Kissing ears is all about targeting those little, hidden spots, so this is an important one to know. Kissing this spot can send a tingling sensation over your partner’s skin.
- With the tip of your tongue, trace your partner’s ear, over the outline, the lobe, the curves and contours. Remember to be gentle and not use too much of your tongue, but just enough to lightly trace over the ear.
- You can also nibble ears to elicit a special response. Nibbling ears, when done correctly, can add that tinge of sharpness and make your partner feel even more receptive to the pleasure. When you begin to nibble ears, remember to not full-on bite, but instead just put light pressure on the skin. Leave a nibble on the ear lobe in the midst of kissing it to spice things up even more. Spot the moment when your partner is beginning to lose themselves in the sensations and then leave a nibble on the ear so they can feel the tingles even more strongly.
- You can also lightly blow on the now-moist skin of their ear, to give them a sudden, cooling sensation. Remember that while doing this, you don’t have to breathe heavily. Just lightly, softly blow on the skin to spread the feeling. Doing this after you have indulged in nibbling ears and kissing them ensures that the skin is still wet and so, the movement of your breath against it will be pleasant for your partner.
- Remember that while you are doing this, your mouth is extremely close to your partner’s ears, so if you breathe harshly, the sound and sensation of it may feel jarring to your partner. Thus, remember to keep your breathing light as you move all over their ears
- While you are in the midst of nibbling ears, you can also gently suck in your breath over the spot lightly to give a warm sensation instead.
- If your partner’s neck moves towards you while they are doing this, it is most probably a response out of pleasure, so do not doubt yourself, but instead move their face softly so you can get access to their ear again. If your partner wanted you to stop, they would instead brush you off. But still, if you have any doubts, you can ask your partner once and make sure you understand the reason behind such a response.
What NOT to do while kissing ears?
Remember to not stick your tongue into your partner’s ear canal in the midst of this, because the sudden sensation of it will feel unpleasant. While some people do like this, unless your partner has explicitly told you they are okay with, do not assume and go ahead with it. Stick to the outer curves of the ear, tracing over, without going to the inside of the canal. Remember to not breathe heavily into their ear, either.
Experiment with your kissing style
Kissing doesn’t have to get boring over time, even if you have fallen into a routine. There are always new ways to change things a little, such as indulging in some kissing games, trying out new styles of kissing, getting into newer positions, etc. While kissing may have become a kind of cliché, it is an excellent way to feel the full comfort of your private space, with no one but you two in it. Many even say that kissing is more intimate than sex itself.
Every couple has their preferences and so if this type of kissing is something your or your partner do not like after trying it out, there is no need to be disappointed. Relationships are all about figuring both the likes and dislikes, so you can treat each other with more consideration in the future.
But, if kissing on the ear does turn out to be your kind of thing after all, then don’t be shy to pull out this weapon between heated make-out sessions to make them even more intense.