Our skin has various purposes than you may have never imagined. It not only acts as a shield from the outside world but also acts as an interior temperature regulator.
It is regularly adapting and regenerating. Apart from desiring healthy-looking skin, beauty is more than an idea to make an effort to take care of it.
If you wish for smooth and soft legs, you might be just one step behind to exfoliate legs to achieve smooth skin. The beauty experts suggest that exfoliation is the best way to improve your skin.
While epilating your legs is something you want to start doing and knowing how to exfoliate legs is a start in the learning procedure.
You can begin by using a homemade body scrub. After learning to exfoliate legs before shaving can help you avoid irritating ingrown hair at the same time can also improve your skin. It will appear much smoother and healthier.
Is Exfoliation Necessary?
Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface layer of skin. Exfoliation stimulates your skin-care products to enter better, which can improve the appearance of your skin.
Exfoliating can additionally help put a stop to clogged pores, resulting in less acne or breakouts. Long-term exfoliating can boost the level of collagen production.
Collagen is core to glowing and healthy skin. It further improves skin elasticity, reducing the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles.
Know the Regularity Of Exfoliation
Understanding the number of times you should exfoliate legs is necessary, depending on the type of skin the answer will differ for everyone. As a well-known practice, you can try by exfoliating the day before you shave or wax.
It’s advisable to follow a general exfoliation schedule to prevent dead skin cells and allow the regeneration of the skin. For most people, to exfoliate once or twice a week is helpful.
If you observe that your skin matures irritated after the second exfoliation, which is possible for somebody with dry or sensitive skin, then cut down the frequency to once a week.
Luckily, your legs have the finest skin on your body, so even if you’re inclined to skin irritation in different areas on your body, you may not experience much irritation on your legs.
Body Exfoliator For Different Skin Types
While seeking for the best body exfoliator for your skin, be sure of your skin type. People with oily skin can use a body scrub with a higher salicylic acid concentration to enter the skin.
If you have sensitive or dry skin, use a body exfoliator with gentle rubbing which consists of a low acid concentration to avoid skin irritation.
Make Your Body Scrub At Home
Homemade body scrubs can be as mild or rough as you need them to be, you can make an ideal body exfoliator for your legs.
Most scrubs use sugar or salt as a natural rubbing ingredient, with some natural oils and juices which results in great-smelling exfoliators that help keep skin glowing and healthy.
Things You Need To Make A DIY Body Scrub
To prepare a DIY body scrub or exfoliator, make sure you have the following things:
- Spoons for mixing
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Coconut oil or almond oil
- Sealed vessel to store the DIY body scrub in
- Also, a few drops of your favourite essential oils, if wanted
Try Some Homemade Body Scrubs At Home
There is a scientific fact that coffee may help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Also, coffee is a well-known ingredient for various DIY body scrubs. The tiny granules are soft on the skin, at the same time effective at removing dead cells from the skin’s outer layer.
- 1/2 Cup coffee grinds
- 2 Tablespoonful hot water
- 1 Tablespoonful coconut oil
- Stir coffee grinds and hot water thoroughly with a spoon.
- Combine the coconut oil. If required, add more coffee grinds or more oil to get the density perfect.
- Once satisfied with the consistency, add the mixture into a container.
Sugar is a convenient ingredient that also does an amazing work of exfoliating your skin. Sugar is more sensitive on the skin compared to sea salt. Which makes it a perfect ingredient for sensitive skin.
- 1/2 Tablespoonful sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoonful oil of your choice, such as coconut, jojoba or almond
- Essential oils, if needed
- Mix sugar and oil in a bowl.
- Stir thoroughly. If required, add more sugar or oil to get the texture perfect.
- Once satisfied with the consistency and aroma of your scrub, add the mixture into a container.
Sea Salt Scrub
Sea salt has antibacterial qualities that can be effective for oily skin tones. Sea salt scrubs may be rough for sensitive skin. As it has no scent, you may need to add your favourite oils to this DIY salt exfoliator.
- 1/2 Tablespoonful sea salt
- 1/2 Tablespoonful oil of your preference
- Essential oils, if needed
- Mix sea salt and oil in a bowl.
- Blend thoroughly. If needed, add more salt or oil to make the consistency perfect.
- Once satisfied with the consistency and scent of your scrub, place it into a container.
Follow these simple instructions to exfoliate legs at home
- Arrange For Exfoliation: Before getting into the shower, make sure you gather your scrub or exfoliator. Place your scrub in a favourable place, with an exfoliating brush or loofah.
It’s advisable to have a dry exfoliating brush handy. A brush will help get rid of some dead skin cells before you start, which will make it easier for your scrub to do its job.
- Clean Up Your Skin: While exfoliating your legs, you might expose your new skin to germs and bacteria. Clean your legs as you normally would with your body soap. Use lukewarm water to foam to let your pores open, to get it cleaned properly.
- Exfoliate Legs: Take some of your exfoliating scrubs onto one hand and apply it to your entire leg. With the help of your fingertips, massage the scrub on your skin in circular motions.
Make sure you put gentle pressure to avoid irritation to the skin. After applying the scrub to the leg’s area, clean your leg with cold water to close up the pores. After bathing, dry your legs off thoroughly using a dry towel.
- Take Care Of Your Legs: After the exfoliation process, make sure to keep your application products clean to stop harmful bacteria growth that can affect your healthy skin.
Also, place your loofah or brush in a dry spot. Then, look after your legs. You need to moisturize after exfoliating to prevent it from drying which will result in smooth and healthy-looking skin.
Now that you are aware of how to exfoliate legs, you’ll be able to get that smooth and healthy-looking skin.