The Internet has made us aware of the different cultures, societies, and ways of living. People have started adopting the cultures they like and see on the net. Watching Korean series, movies and understanding how other people live in different countries is a great way to be more aware of the world.
Similarly, following the latest trends and fads has become a great way to make friends. And the increasing popularity shows that the Korean drama has won the hearts of many, not just the series but also their music and various bands known as K-pop. Therefore, many people are excited to try Korean food, and if you love their culture, then trying miye-ok guk recipe is a must.
In almost all the K-dramas, the characters are eating delicious and mouth-watering food, which influences many to look up the recipes of their dishes. Youtube has many Korean food vloggers who cook and eat food, and they get around a million likes on the video. So if you want to start with something simple yet healthy, then try the Miyeok-guk Seaweed Soup recipe. We will be your head chef and guide you through it. But first, let us see what are the benefits of seaweed.
What is Miyeok-guk?
Before learning the seaweed soup at home recipe, let us understand what exactly it is.
Miyeok-guk is a Korean soup that is made of dried seaweed. The taste of the soup is mild, and it can be made easily, which is why it is perfect to make if you are in a rush. This soup goes well with rice and kimchi on the side. Eating Miyeok-guk soup gives you nutrient-dense nourishment as it is rich in iodine, vitamins, and minerals. Miyeok-guk dish is popular in Korea and is served during celebrations and, most importantly, after giving birth. This soup is packed with nutrients that help the body to heal after giving birth.
Benefits of Miye-ok Guk Recipe
Let us see what are the health benefits of the miye-ok guk so that you can cook it occasionally for a strong body.
- Seaweed is a superfood because it has a good source of omega acids, vitamins B1 and B3.
- Additionally, you will not gain weight with seaweed soup as it is low in calories.
- Miye-ok guk aids in blood purification and circulation, anti-aging, etc.
- By eating this soup, you will feel your digestion is great and it boosts the immune system.
- Seaweed soup is rich in calcium and iron, which gives the body the required nutrition.
With so many advantages of miye-ok guk, it solves the mystery of why Koreans love this soup so much!
Why is it Famous?
Humans are also adapting and willing to learn new things. We get influenced by series and movies immensely. The cinema has influenced our dressing sense, lifestyle, food, and other things. It makes us more human because Korean is a different language, but people try to understand it just because they like it and want the culture to be a part of their life.
Trying new things keeps life exciting and fun. Therefore, these recipes are being created by many as it has appeared in famous dramas like 'hometown cha cha cha' and 'Nevertheless.' Hence, the seaweed soup recipe is growing in popularity.
Miye-ok Guk Recipe
Your wait is over as in this section; we will tell you how to make the seaweed soup in a simple manner. Firstly, let us see what ingredients should be ready before cooking.
- 1 cup of Dried Seaweed
- Chicken, eggs, beef, or vegetables, according to the liking
- 4 cups of water
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- One tablespoon of sesame oil
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of ground black pepper
- Start by soaking the dried seaweed in cold water for roughly 20-30 minutes. Soaking will make the seaweed much softer.
- Pour 4 cups of water with the soaked seaweed into a large pot. Boil this mixture at medium-low heat.
- Proceed to add garlic, sesame oil, and soya sauce, and you can also put in some fish sauce if you like a fishy taste. Stir this well.
- Add salt and pepper and let the miye-ok guk soup simmer for around 20 minutes.
- After the timer is up, add chicken, beef, green onions, or any vegetable you like. You can get creative with the add-ons. Let the soup simmer for a few minutes.
- Lastly, beat one egg in a bowl and pour it slowly into the soup while stirring.
Tada! This is the complete seaweed soup recipe. Take the pan off the heat and serve this hot soup with kimchi and rice.
Other Recipes with Dried Seaweed
Now that you have made the miye-ok guk soup, we know some more dried seaweed is still left in your kitchen. You can try these two tasty and easy recipes with the remaining seaweed.
This snack does not need any preparation time and hence can be the perfect recipe for parties and get-togethers.
- Take some crackers and place them on a plate. Cut seaweed according to the size of the crackers and place it on top.
- Spread some cream cheese or any favored cheese on top of the seaweed.
- Place smoked salmon, chicken, or any vegetable on the top. And enjoy!
If you have some rice, vegetables, and sausages left in your fridge but want a tasty lunch, then kimbap is your ideal meal. This recipe is fantastic for fighting your hunger but is also packed with delicious ingredients.
- Cut some sheets of seaweed and place them on a bamboo rolling mat.
- Fill the seaweed sheet with rice and other colorful ingredients like carrots, fried eggs, and sausages.
- Roll the bamboo mat tightly and place it on a plate.
- Brush some sesame oil over the kimbap and cut it into thick or thin pieces.
You can eat this as an entire meal or a fun side dish. Kimbap is also great as a lunch meal as it does not get messy.
Also Read: 6 Delicious Synbiotic Food Recipes: A Combination of Prebiotics and Probiotics
Knowing and trying various food recipes gives your taste buds a much-needed change and makes you more knowledgeable in understanding spices and cuisines. Now that you have learned how to make miye-ok guk recipe at home with simple instructions, transfer yourself to Korea while sitting at home. Try the other recipes for seaweed as well because this superfood has lots of healing properties for the body. Put on your favorite K-drama and enjoy the meal with seaweed soup!If you are interested in trendy content on various topics like feminism, health, fitness, beauty, and others, then rush to The Voice Of Woman for similar content.