Who says you cannot have a perfect jawline? It’s the 21st century and everything is possible. A perfect well-defined and sleek jawline gives your face a beautiful definition.
Some are blessed souls who are born with such a jawline and for others, the very popular V line jaw surgery comes into the picture.
Here we are to tell you all that you must know about V line jaw surgery.
What is a V line jaw surgery?
V line jaw surgery is a procedure where your jawline is reshaped and is reduced in size. It is done to give your jawline a sleek look and streamlined. It also reshapes the chin by sliding genioplasty surgery.
The surgery basically reduces the wish of the jaw by shaving down the bone while at the same time creating a more defined chin profile.
What happens during V line jaw surgery?
The V line jaw surgery is a not so complicated surgery. It is done general anesthesia so that the person is asleep and doesn’t feel a thing. The surgery aims to make the squared jaw into a heart-shaped face.
The first step involves removal of the angle of the mandible which softens the back part of the jaw.
In the second step, the chin is altered by either bringing it forward or pushing it backward. The combination of these two steps creates a powerful change in the face cut.
Why chose V line jaw surgery?
V line jaw surgery is a cosmetic surgery that can be opted by people who wish to change their jawline.
Some people are blessed with a perfectly sharp jawline while others may have a short chin or a broad jawline. The sole aim of V line jaw surgery is to change the face profile.
Individuals with the following conditions might choose to go for Vline jaw surgery:
- A double chin
- A U-shaped or overly squared jaw
- People with chubby or bloated cheeks
The cost of V line jaw surgery
If you desire to get a V line jaw surgery then the procedure cost will depend upon the facial geographic location.
The cosmetologist will explain to you the area he/she will have to work on and the cost will be related to it. The V line jaw surgery cost will be approximately between 1,70,000- 15,00,000 INR.
Preparing for V line jaw surgery
There are certain things that you have to be careful about prior to the V line jaw surgery. Any medicine that thickens the blood must be stopped at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery.
You must stop smoking and drinking as it delays the healing process and may increase the chances of risk. Other than these, your cosmetologist will guide you completely through the process. Make sure you follow all the instructions.
V line jaw surgery methods
There are basically four methods to V line jaw surgery:
- T-shape osteotomy: This method has two parts, first horizontal cutting and then vertical cutting. This makes a T-shape for narrowing the chin.
- Inverted V shape osteotomy: It is the most advanced level V line jaw surgery. A simple inverted V-shaped cut is made without any additional procedures.
- Horizontal osteotomy: It is a surgical chin reduction method usually for the people with long chins. The chin is cut in a horizontal shape to give it an appealing V shape.
- L shaped lift method: This procedure is for a protruding or long chin. The affected part of the chin cut horizontally and fixed. The excess bones are then usually trimmed and are fixed below the chin.
Benefits of getting a V line jaw surgery
The V line jaw surgery aims to make a person’s face slimmer by making changes in the chin and jawline are. It has certain benefits like:
- Reduction of the width and length of the broad jawline
- The shaping of a square or short chin to give a defined appearance.
- Overall contouring of the mandible by intensive treatment of the chin
- Correcting of an asymmetric or prominent chin
- The surgery is permanent and you will not have to go to the clinic again and again
V line surgery risks
V line jaw surgery involves a bundle of risks as well which you must know before opting to get one:
- Loss of blood
- Fracture in the jaw
- Nerve injury
- Relapse of the jaw into the initial position
- Pain in the jaw joint
- Problem with bite fit
- Difficulty in eating in initial days
Side effects of V line surgery
Some people a super sensitive so they may have a few side effects from the V line jaw surgery. It is a sign of infection if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Gree, yellow or black discharge from the wound.
What should you expect while recovering from a V shape jaw surgery?
V line jaw surgery is not a simple surgery so you will need some time for recovery. It can take almost a month for the swelling to go down after V-line surgery. You must know that it can take from 3-6 months for your face to look completely natural.
You will also have to wear a compression garment around your chin, jaw, and neck to make sure your incisions heal correctly. You will not be able to see completely how your new jawline looks until the recovery is complete.
What results to expect from the V line jaw surgery?
As soon as you are adequately recovered, you will notice the following changes in your face:
- A defined jawline
- Reduced width and length of the jaw
- Contouring of the lower jaw
- A sharper jaw profile
The surgery will surely give you compliments-worthy results. It will change your face cut and will give an oomph to your overall personality. But one must never forget that each one of us has been created beautifully and each part of our body is our unique feature.
There is nothing better than feeling beautiful in your own skin without falling into the trap of the world’s changing definition of beauty.