Turmeric or Haldi is the most power-packed in the spices’ world. Not just for food purposes but turmeric benefits are multi-purpose. Since ancient India, turmeric has a special value in Indian households.
When medicine was not that developed, turmeric did the magic. It is not just good to eat but is also used for aches, rashes and glowing skin too. Isn’t it a wonderful spice? One will just get tired of counting the endless list of uses and benefits of turmeric.
Let us take you through the amazing rich benefits of turmeric:
Turmeric benefits for health
Yes, turmeric can transform your overall health in no time. It is super healthy when used in curries, milk or raw. Let us know more about turmeric benefits:
- Reduces inflammation: Inflammation can rise in the body for a number of reasons. It is usually identified as something that’s painful, red, hot or swollen. Inflammation can greatly affect our health. It is sometimes silent and not painful but is still there. These are basically the compounds that are produced by the body to deal with the injury if any. But when these compounds don’t go away it causes chronic inflammation or illness. Turmeric is rich with anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, having turmeric in some way or the other is important to fight inflammation.
- Cholesterol and heart diseases: Consuming turmeric on every day assists in decreasing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol. As we know that cholesterol is directly related to heart issues. Having cholesterol problems is directly related to cardiovascular problems. So for the ones who have cholesterol issues must add turmeric to their diet in some way or the other.
- Healthy liver-functioning: The liver is one of the most vital glands of our body which needs to remain healthy for proper functioning inside. Liver issues are often overlooked which is not good. Liver issues are quite common in younger generations due to excess alcohol and sugar consumption. Turmeric can take good care of your liver. It regulates the enzymes secreted by the liver.
- Caters thyroid issues: Thyroid is one extremely common problem these days, especially in women. The thyroid is another major gland that plays a crucial role in balancing our overall health. The thyroid problem can be the cause of life-altering symptoms that can impact your health and happiness. To make sure that the thyroid gland performs the function efficiently, turmeric is extremely helpful as it consists of manganese. Turmeric also helps with hormone synthesis which benefits a wide variety of issues weight loss, appetite, metabolism, and organ efficiency.
- Treats pains and aches: From older times to the newer turmeric milk has been known for its wonders on the body. Having turmeric milk reduces any pain or aches. It can also cure menstrual cramps. When someone gets injured they are often served turmeric milk as it reduces the pains and heals the wounds faster.
- Promotes weight loss: The major reasons for obesity are lower metabolism rate, blood sugar levels, hormonal issues, and improper digestive system. Turmeric is helpful in treating all of these issues. Having turmeric in some form or the other helps to reduce weight.
Turmeric benefits for skin
Turmeric is a powerful herb that is great for the skin too. Let us know how:
- Fights acne problems: With great antiseptic properties, turmeric helps to reduce acne. It stops the bacteria from spreading. To make a toner for acne issues with turmeric all you have to do is mix a teaspoon of turmeric with apple cider vinegar in a bottle and spray twice a day. Your acne will vanish in no time.
- Reduces dark circle: Turmeric is a proven anti-inflammatory and lightening agent. When applied on the dark circles with some honey, one will notice visible results in some time. Turmeric also stimulates blood circulation around the eyes and also reduces puffiness.
- Anti-aging: After 30years of age, most women switch to anti-aging creams as their skin starts to show fine lines and wrinkles. Instead of using anti-aging creams, one can look up to turmeric for better results. Turmeric pack made with a teaspoon of turmeric, yogurt and a few drops of lemons will make your skin youthful and glowy.
Turmeric benefits for hair
This super spice turmeric is great for hair problems too. Here is how:
- Dandruff: Dandruff is a common problem of every second person these days which triggers hair fall too. Turmeric has certain anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidants that treats the problem of dandruff. It increases the blood circulation in the scalp and prevents dead skin cells. Just put a teaspoon of turmeric in the oil you use the next time you are about to oil your hair.
- Hair loss: Turmeric provides all the essential nutrients to the hair that could be one of the major reasons for hair fall. The curcumin in turmeric helps to prevent hair loss. Make a hair mask by adding a teaspoon of turmeric in about 4 teaspoons of milk and 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply it on the scalp and massage gently. Wash your hair after an hour and see the transformation.
Organic is the new trend these days and we all wish to use the natural and healthy product for our internal and external health. Turmeric is the most vital ingredient in maintaining a healthy body, hair, and skin. The turmeric benefits are endless so treasure this golden spice.