After years and years of trying to find the right skincare products, are you one of the people who still can’t find a match and rather stick to the conventional ways of skincare? Would you rather opt for natural home remedies to heal and maintain your skin? If yes, what can be better than applying turmeric on face!
Turmeric is known for its healing, cosmetic properties. From the beginning of time, our ancestors have used turmeric to attain glowing, supple skin. It also acts as an antiseptic. Turmeric heals wounds, helps with reducing acne scars, makes your skin glow, and also helps with various skin conditions.
If natural turmeric is used in the form of coarse powder, it also acts as an exfoliator. Turmeric powder is one of the most popular at-home skincare remedies. The benefits of turmeric on face are innumerable and it is one of the safest ways to pamper your skin without having to worry about an allergic reaction or your acne flaring up.
So let’s dive in and find out what turmeric does to your skin and how you can get the best results.
Benefits of Turmeric on Face
Here are some of the great benefits you can gain from Turmeric
1. Makes your Skin Glow
Turmeric acts as an antioxidant on the skin. It helps protect the skin’s surface and fights damage caused by oxidants in the environment. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes the skin glowy and supple. How to use turmeric on face for glowing skin - Take 2-3 tablespoons of raw milk, mix 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture to your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Now wash the mask away and voila, you have skin that reflects light in 15 minutes at the comfort of your house! If you are in a hurry and need a quick fix to revive your skin this is the best way out.
Also Read: ‘TURMERIC’: The Rich Golden Spice
2. Evens out the Skin
Annoyed by uneven skin and patches on the skin that makes your face dull? Turmeric is your savior. How to use turmeric on face for even skin - Take 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice and add 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and mix it. Apply this mixture to your face and let it rest for 15 minutes. Wash it away. Use this regularly to see visible changes. You will notice that over time your skin evens out and now you have even glowing skin.
3. Turmeric as an Exfoliator
If the turmeric powder you’re using is not a fine powder and has coarse particles you can use it as an exfoliator. How to use turmeric as an exfoliator - Mix 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil with 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and gently massage it over your face. Wash it away with lukewarm water. The coconut in the mask moisturizes the skin and the turmeric powder exfoliates the skin removing the dead skin cells making your skin look healthy.
4. Fades Acne Scars
One of the benefits of using turmeric on face is also that it fades acne scars. It also reduces acne as turmeric has anti-microbial properties. How to use turmeric to fade acne scars - Mix 1-2 tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric, apply it to your face, and let it rest for 20 minutes. Wash it away with some water. Honey also nourishes your skin and helps with skin damage. This mask also helps fade pimple marks and acne. If you have acne-prone sensitive skin this mask will make your skin supple and healthier.
5. Help Reduce Effects of Various Skin Conditions
Several studies have shown how turmeric may help reduce psoriasis, scabies, eczema, and numerous other skin conditions. For people who aren’t comfortable with taking medications, turmeric on face has become the perfect solution.
- For scabies - Mix turmeric with crushed neem leaves or neem gel and smear it on the affected region. Wash it away after 15-20 minutes. Repeat the process once or twice a day to see results.
- For psoriasis - Mix turmeric with distilled water and make a thick paste. Apply it to the affected region and wash it away. You can also include turmeric in your diet, this also helps reduce psoriasis.
- For eczema - Apply turmeric paste to the affected region of your skin and wash it away after 20 minutes.
- For atopic dermatitis - Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial properties which help treat atopic dermatitis. You can either apply turmeric paste or include honey or yogurt with it.
Turmeric also helps acne-prone skin and also heals wounds on the skin. You can also opt for buying skincare products or face marks that constitute turmeric as one of their ingredients and use it on your face. Organic products help skin the best as they’re all-natural.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Turmeric
Cons of Applying Turmeric on Face
Nothing is 100% effective and safe. So, here are some side effects of applying turmeric on face:
- Continuous use of turmeric on the face might leave a yellow tinge on your face. Avoid leaving turmeric on face overnight as this leads to staining. You can use milk to get rid of turmeric stains.
- Make sure to refer to a doctor before going ahead with turmeric face masks as some people are allergic to turmeric and this can lead to irritation and swelling. Using turmeric on your face without considering the possibility of an allergic reaction is risky.
- If it accidentally gets over your clothes, it’s difficult to wash off the stain. This will ruin your clothes, so be careful when handling turmeric. If gets on your clothes, wash them immediately.
- Beware of adultered turmeric powder. Make sure the turmeric you’re using is natural and safe for your skin.
Turmeric is a great way to solve most of your skin problems. It’s natural and effective. With very few side effects, and many positive points. Make turmeric your skincare best friend and see the changes in your skin for yourself!
Also Read: Healthy-Looking Skin At Home