Guavas is one of the most cherished fruit out of the lot. It is tasty and healthy at the same time. But did you know that not just the guava fruit but guava leaves are super healthy as well?
Guava leaves have medicinal properties and provide an array of health benefits.
After buying the guava we usually throw off the guava leaves but after reading further you will stop doing that and you will start using those green leaves of guava. Guava leaves uses are immense and are too good to not be used.
Nutritional value of guava leaves
We are very much aware of that guava is a super fruit and is used to treat various diseases. Guava leaves at the same time contain antioxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Guava leaves are also called pain killers because they contain tannins.
Guava leaves are known to provide proven medicinal benefits and are highly used in all sorts of medicines both in allopathy and Ayurveda. Chemicals like carotenoids, polyphenols, flavonoids, and tannins present in guava leaves are considered very effective in treating various diseases.
Guava leaves benefits for health
Guava leaves can do wonders to make the body healthy and fit. Here is how:
- Weight loss: A large portion of the world population has the problem of obesity. Guava leaves are very helpful in reducing those extra kilos hanging on your body. It helps by preventing the conversion of extra starch into sugar that leads to weight gain. Weight loss becomes easier if you add guava leaves to your diet in some form or the other.
- Cholesterol: Taking guava leaf tea or juice helps to lower the bad cholesterol levels and increase the good cholesterol. Cholesterol is a dangerous problem that has a direct impact on the heart. Consuming guava leaves for three months will have a great impact on your cholesterol levels.
- Diabetes: Guava and guava leaves are like meant for diabetic patients. Drinking guava leaves tea will instantly reduce the blood sugar level if it is on the higher side. Guava leaves are very helpful in maintaining blood glucose in diabetic patients. Guava leaves are consumed regularly will lower the blood sugar levels without increasing insulin production.
- Diarrhea and dysentery: Guava leaves are the best medicine for diarrhea and dysentery problems since ancient times. Boil a few guava leaves in one glass of water and then drink it warm, it effectively treats all kinds of stomach related problems. Ayurveda totally depends on guava leaves to treat diarrhea and dysentery problems.
- Dengue fever: Guava leaf is the best natural and most effective home remedy for dengue fever. Dengue fever leads to a drop in the platelet count in blood, having guava leaves tea or juice helps to increase that count. For dengue patients, one can boil 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water till only 3 cups are left. Drinking this potion will do miracles in increasing the platelet count of the blood.
- Good for digestion: A ruined digestive system can be corrected with guava leaves. Guava leaf tea stimulates the growth of digestive enzymes that speeds up the digestion process and hence boost metabolism. It also kills the bacteria in the lining of the gut and also stops the proliferation of toxic enzymes by bacteria.
- Sperm production: Sperm counts can be increased by consuming guava leaf tea or potion. Ayurveda treats men’s sexual problems with the help of guava leaves and it has proven to be highly effective and 100% organic.
Guava leaves benefits for skin
Guava leaves can do wonders for your skin. Here is how:
- Acne and pigmentation: Acne and pigmentation can ruin your face look and complexion. Not to worry, they can be easily treated. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory property of guava leaves effectively treats acne problems by killing those acne-causing bacterias. For acne treatment, mash a few guavas leaves with two spoons of water and make a paste out of it. Apply that paste on your acne and you will see visible results. This is the organic way of treating acne with no chemicals.
- Blackhead removal: Guava leaves can be transformed into a scrub for blackhead removal. Blend guava leaves with a little water, add a teaspoon of honey in it. Apply it on your blackheads and rub. Enjoy a blackhead free face.
- Treats itchy skin: Itchy skin can cause serious skin damage if not treated on time. Skin itching due to any reason is not good. Guava leaves soothe itchy skin because of its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Just apply a thin guava leaves paste on the itchy skin and let it stay on for good 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and your skin will feel soothing and itch-free.
- Anti-ageing: Guava leaves effectively vanishes signs of ageing. It is one of the main ingredients in organic anti-ageing creams and remedies. Applying guava leaves paste along with honey and a few drops of lemon on a daily basis will reduce the signs of ageing, making skin soft and beautiful.
Guava leaves are the best option when the question is about healthy hair. Here is what all these leaves can do:
- Hair loss: Hair loss is a common problem of every other woman. Vitamin C present in Guava leaves makes the hair scalp healthy and reduces hair loss. Just boil a handful of guava leaves in 2liters of water. When it cools down, rinse your hair with that water. Doing this treatment twice a week will be of great help with hair loss problems.
- Treats dandruff: Dandruff is the result of dry and itchy scalp. Washing hair with guava leaf water will nourish the scalp and will woo off dandruff in no time. Ayurveda trusts guava leaves for the treatment of dandruff problems.
- Sun protection and hair damage: In today’s age of chemicals we get so many chemical treatments done with our hair like colouring, rebonding, etc. But it all deteriorates the health of our hair. To rejuvenate that hair damage, wash your hair with guava leaf water. Also, too much exposure in the sun also damages our hair and makes it dull. Guava leaf potion is great for that too.
If you are a guava lover, from today, you will be a guava leaf lover too. Guava leaves benefits are rich. So next time never throw those leaves away because it has so many benefits hidden inside it.