Every woman is beautiful in her own unique way. But we all make efforts to achieve that flawless skin. Endless visit to salons for cleanups, facials, and bleaching is now in our every month’s to-do list. One of the main steps in clean up and facial routine is that of removing blackheads and whiteheads that appear on our nose, chin and forehead. They look very pesky and need to be removed each time they appear. Some of the stubborn black and whiteheads are too painful when removed. There are some simple home remedies to remove those black and whiteheads at home without much effort and money.
Treatment of Blackhead and Whiteheads
Let’s find out about so many DIYs for those stubborn black and whiteheads:
- Homemade scrub– If your skin is too sensitive for those scrubs available in the market or just don’t want to spend so much money to buy it, here is an easy way by which you can make your own scrub at home. All you need is a lemon, honey, and sugar. Take a lemon and cut it in two halves and then pour some honey to cover the cut surface of the lemon. Sprinkle some sugar on it and then rub them on the areas with black or whiteheads. Gently rub them for about 7-10 minutes and rinse with cold water. You will be surprised to see the black and whiteheads gone.
- Tea tree oil– Tea tree oil has anti-comedogenic properties. Put 2-1 drops of tea tree oil and half a teaspoon of carrier oil (olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil) on a cotton pad and apply it on the blackheads prone areas. Repeating this process for 2-3 times a week reduces the occurrence of blackheads.
- Vaseline and plastic wrap– Apply a thin layer of vaseline petroleum jelly on the areas sickened with black and whiteheads. Following this, place a plastic wrap sheet over it. Then put a hot towel or cotton sheet dipped in hot water over the plastic wrap. Let it sit until it gets back to room temperature. After that remove both the towel and the plastic wrap and rub a clean dry towel or a tissue over the blackheads. They will come off very smoothly and will leave your skin soft as a feather. You can put some moisturizer as you wipe off the petroleum jelly.
- Cinnamon– Take a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix them well to make a paste with a thin consistency. Apply the paste for 10-15 minutes and rinse off. Cinnamon increases the synthesis of collagen thereby tightening the pores on your skin.
- Activated charcoal and green clay– Mix ½ teaspoon of activated charcoal powder, 1 teaspoon of green clay with ½ teaspoon of warm water. Make it into a thin paste. Apply the mask on your face with a brush and let it get dry. Then rinse off the mask with cold water. And you will see blackheads gone.
- Coconut oil and coffee grounds– This is also an easy DIY scrub for black and whiteheads. Mix 2 tablespoon of coffee grounds with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and massage it on your face in circular motions. Rub it on the blackheads prone area as well. After a massage of 10-15 minutes rinse off the scrub with cold water to not let a single blackhead survive on your skin.
- Aloe Vera gel– Aloe Vera gel contains zinc that helps in keeping the pores tighten and also cleanse the skin. Put some aloe Vera gel on the blackhead affected area for overnight and rinse it off in the morning. This routine will help to keep the blackheads at bay.
- Natural scrub– Using oatmeal, honey, yogurt, and olive oil, you can make a full proof natural scrub to treat those blackheads. Put ½ cup of oatmeal, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, yogurt, and honey in a food processor and churn it until blended well. Apply the mixture on your lean face and massage for about 10 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water. Use this trick whenever you find those blackheads appearing.
- Turmeric– Take a teaspoon of turmeric and mix it is the same amount of water. Put it on your nose, forehead and chin for about 10 minutes then rinse with warm water. Since turmeric has anti-bacterial properties, it will help to clean up the pores gently. It will also mitigate the re-occurrence of blackheads.
Blackheads are beast to our beauty. Now treat them at home and save yourself that visit to the salon. Stay Beautiful.
Also Read: 5 Ways To Remove Blackheads