We all love wearing low jeans until you see a muffin top popping out of our jeans, well you’re not alone if you find it relatable. Most of us have it. Whether it a muffin top or love handles, it is the accumulated fat that can be lost with fat loss and less calorie intake.
We know, finding the best workout or exercises for getting rid of that muffin top is not easy and what’s more difficult? Being consistent with them. Well, proper motivation with a little change in your fitness regime and eating habits may help you get rid of muffin top.
So, we are here with a muffin top workout for you with a step-by-step guide to perform them!
Read on to know more about muffin top exercises.
What is a muffin top?
Muffin top is a slang phrase that is used to describe the accumulated body fat that is visible around the edges of the waistline when you wear tight-fitting pants or skirts. The term is a reference to a muffin that appears in the same way when baked in a muffin case.
If you have a muffin top, you shouldn’t be insecure about it as most people have it. However, if you want to change it, that is fine as well. You can lose weight and effectively lose fat around the waistline, reducing the muffin top.
Muffin top can be caused by various reasons: Stress, lack of sleep, eating a lot of junk and processed food etc. All these are linked with increased weight. So, losing weight and better quality of life may help you get rid of the muffin top.
Go ahead and read to discover muffin top workout!
Best muffin top workout
Burning calories can help you lose fat around your waistline, ultimately getting rid of the muffin top. You can lose a lot of calories doing high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and core exercises that can tone your belly, lower back and butt.
If you have love handles or muffin top, following these muffin top exercises will help you a lot! So, here we are with the best workout for getting rid of muffin top:
If you wish to tone your waistline and obliques, hip dips are effective in doing so. Here’s how to do it:
- Start in the plank position and tighten your abs.
- Bend your elbows and come down to the forearm plank.
- Roll to your left side and pile your right leg on your left leg and right hand on your hip.
- Dip your hip towards the floor and lift it back.
- Do this 10 times on one side and roll to the other side and do 10 dips again.
Hip twists are a great way to tone up your glutes and waist. They are also called waist whittlers. Here’s how to do it:
- Start in the forearm plank with your elbows under your shoulders in a straight line.
- Twist Your hips to the left and touch your left hip to the floor.
- Now, twist your hip to the right and touch the floor again to that side.
- Do this 20 times. (10 to each side)
Hip bridges work your glutes and hamstrings and also focuses on your lower back. Here’s how to do it:
- Rest on the floor facing upwards with feet flat and knees bent and arms on the sides.
- Lift your hips while squeezing your glutes and keep your core engaged.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and lower for another few seconds and quickly come back.
- You can also lift one leg towards the ceiling to make this exercise more difficult.
- Do it 15 times on each side.
Split jumps are a great exercise to burn a lot of calories in a small period and lose fat around your waist. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand straight and keep your hands in front of your chest.
- Take a big step with only one foot forward and lower your body to the ground by bending the knee.
- Both legs should be at a 90° angle.
- Now, switch the side by lowering the back knee and quickly jump to switch the feet.
- While you jump, the front foot comes to the back and back to the front.
- Land in the lunge position and repeat.
Also read: 6 Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat
Russian twists tones your abs, oblique muscles and shreds fat from your waistline. Here’s how to do it:
- Sit on the floor with your feet pressed and knees bent.
- Lean back and grab a dumbbell in your hand or you can simply use your hands.
- Now, rotate the dumbbell or your hands from side to side and twist your torso.
- Do this 10 times on each side.
Twisting mountain climbers
One great way to work your waist and burn calories is to perform mountain climbers. Here’s how to do it:
- Get into the plank position and extend your arms.
- Now, bring your right knee in towards your left arm and then straighten it back to the floor.
- Repeat this on the other side as well. Increase speed.
- Do 3 sets of 20 seconds.
Rolling plank will tone your entire midsection and it is also a great cardio exercise. Here’s how to do it:
- Start in the plank position keeping your arms straight and abs tight.
- Now roll to your left and perform a side plank.
- Now, come back to the original position.
- Do the same with the other side.
- Do 10 rolls for each side.
This was all about getting rid of a muffin top and some amazing muffin top exercises. If you want to see better results, eat the right food and incorporate it with other calorie-burning exercises like running, cycling or jogging.