Styling your hair is important. Our hair undergoes several treatments like straightening, curling, ironing etc. These treatments can damage our hair. Frizzy, unmanageable hair doesn’t look good. But cysteine hair treatment could be your solution to dry and damaged hair.
Experimenting with hair can cause some serious damage. Today many women are suffering from hair fall and hair loss. It is important to realize all the available methods to retain the beauty of your hair. Cysteine hair treatment is a chemical-less process of having smooth and silky hair. The only chemical that is used is cysteine, which is a natural substance.
Here are things to know about cysteine hair treatment.
What Is Cysteine Hair Treatment?
Cysteine hair treatment is a technique to reverse the damage caused by styling products. The frizzy hair is a result of chemicals on your hair. Cysteine is a naturally occurring unit of protein. It is easy to use and will nourish your hair and repair the damage.
You can have straight hair with cysteine treatment at home. Cysteine is generally used to straighten the hair. It is capable of penetrating the shaft of your hair. Thus, it makes your hair stronger from inside. You can do the cysteine hair treatment from the comfort of your home.
Who Should Undergo Cysteine Hair Treatment?
Women who have less voluminous hair or flat hair should not opt for this option. It might reduce the hair density on your scalp. Women with curly hair who want straight hair should try cysteine treatment.
If you have frizzy and unmanageable hair then go for this option. If you have damaged hair because of too many chemical products in your hair. Or if you colour your hair frequently then you need this treatment.
If you change your hairstyles frequently or if you use a curling or straightening iron, then you should undergo this treatment. Side effects of cysteine hair treatment are almost negligible.
Benefits Of Cysteine Hair Treatment
- It will make your hair smooth and straight. Straight hair with cysteine treatment is easy to achieve.
- It makes sure that the frizzy and unmanageable hair is repaired.
- It makes your hair stronger.
- If you use ironing and other heat treatment; cysteine treatment is important for you.
- Hair can become frizzy and dull once the dye or colouring starts to disappear. Cysteine hair treatment can bring back the shine in your hair.
- It doesn’t involve the use of artificial chemicals. So the chances of side effects are minimal.
- People who want to have straight hair without undergoing Keratin treatment should go for cysteine treatment.
- Cysteine hair treatment at home is possible. So you will save time and money.
- This treatment will not damage your hair. It is not a permanent hair straightening solution.
- Once you have started re-growing your natural hair; it won’t be different. The new hair, which is original will blend with the hair treated with cysteine.
- It is not age-specific. Anyone can do it.
How To Do Cysteine Hair Treatment At Home?
Doing cysteine hair treatment at home is fairly easy. You are supposed to follow three steps.
Wash your hair using shampoo. Before applying the cysteine cream make sure that your hair is clean and dry. Wash thoroughly. There should not be any dirt or oil on your scalp. Dry your hair using a blow dryer or let it dry naturally.
This is the main part. Take some cysteine hair cream and start applying it in your hair. You can make various sections of your hair. Apply the cream manually. Do not apply it to your roots.
It might trigger hair fall. You can buy cysteine cream from any available brand. Once you have applied the cream; put a plastic mask around your hair. Cover your head properly. Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
This step has to be done very carefully. After about 20-30 minutes start drying your hair. You have to dry your hair using a hair straightener. Once all the hair is dried; wash your hair. Use a good amount of conditioner too. And you are done.
Once you are done; you need to repeat these steps for a couple of months. This will ensure that the cysteine will stay longer in your hair.
Side Effects Of Cysteine Hair Treatment
Once you have done cysteine hair treatment of your hair there are some things you might want to remember.
- Do not wash your hair frequently. It will strip the cysteine conditioner real soon.
- Do not go swimming after a cysteine treatment. The chlorine in the swimming pool will damage your hair.
- This is a temporary way to get straightened hair. It will work for a couple of months only.
- You have to use the right shampoo and conditioner that would not strip the cysteine product.
- You will have to protect your hair from dust and dirt.
- You are not allowed to oil your hair after undergoing cysteine hair treatment. Oiling will make the cysteine treatment fade too soon. But oiling is very important for your hair care routine.
- You can’t colour your hair once undergone this treatment.
- You will have to use a cysteine based hair serum to have tangle-free hair.
- You will have to get a hair spa every once in a while. It can get expensive.
Maybe cysteine hair treatment has certain boundaries and limitations. But it is the best option that is available to have a damage-free straightened hair. It will make your hair regain its strength. You might be able to grow your hair longer than the usual length.
Things to know about cysteine hair treatment is mentioned above. Hair damage might trigger hair fall and hair loss. It is important to take care of your hair. Once you have started losing strands of hair; it becomes very difficult to regain the volume. Start taking care of your hair from the beginning.
We understand that you want to colour your hair and style it. But make sure that you have an option to undo the damage. Cysteine hair treatment is a good option. It doesn’t demand sitting in a salon for long hours. It is not too expensive and it is easy to do.
So go ahead and give it a try. Cysteine hair treatment can be done at a salon as well. It might cost you more, but the result might be better.