Did you know baking soda can work wonders on your skin? Yes, you heard that right. From making desserts to banishing acne, it is time you add baking soda to your beauty regime. Baking soda for skin can prove to be particularly useful if you are suffering from any skin breakouts, blemishes, or acne. Its incredible properties can also be used to eliminate body odor, thus making it a must-have home remedy.
Unless you get your daily eight hours of sleep or have an impeccable skincare routine, maintaining glowing skin can seem to be an arduous task. However, packed with natural nutrients, this effective ingredient helps to bring life back to your skin by removing the impurities and boosting the skin’s collagen.
Hence, if you haven’t already added baking soda to your skincare routine, it is time you do that.
Baking Soda for Skin: Benefits and Uses
Also running by the name of bicarbonate, this naturally occurring compound can be a pretty safe bet to treat skin issues. This article has listed all the possible benefits of baking soda for the skin, and read on to find out more about it.
1. Baking Soda for Skin Whitening
No matter how good-looking we are, skin woes can get on our nerves and add to our list of insecurities. In an attempt to have the latest brands in your cabinet, you might overlook the natural enhancers around you. So, if you are looking for light skin that is free from any blemishes, then you are just a pack away.
To make this pack, all you will require are:
- Take a tablespoon of lemon juice, coconut oil, and a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Mix the ingredients well before applying them to your skin.
- Massage the mixture for 10 minutes.
- The natural properties of lemon juice in combination with baking soda will remove any pigmentation, thus whitening your skin.
If you are looking for visible changes, use this pack 1-2 times a week.
Also read: Multani Mitti Face Packs
2. Baking Soda for Fighting Acne
Battling pimples can sometimes be mentally exhausting, which might reflect on your overall appearance. However, the anti-inflammatory property of baking soda makes it an excellent compound to fight acne.
- All you need to do is add a little water to one tablespoon of baking soda to treat acne.
- Mix it well till it becomes a paste.
- Apply the paste for 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
For best results, repeat this process 2-3 times a week. Regular application delays the birth of impending pimples and treats the pimples that are already existing.
3. Baking Soda for Skin Rash
Itchy skin, bug bites, and rashes are some of the most common skin problems that one undergoes. Hence, if you are suffering from any of these, worry not because baking soda has come to your rescue.
- To treat your rashes, you can either apply the water and soda mixture to your affected area.
- You can alternatively put 1-2 cups of baking soda and soak it in a bucket of lukewarm water, followed by applying a moisturizer once you are done rinsing yourself with it.
The baking soda in this situation will act as a buffer, thus keeping your skin rashes at bay.
4. Baking Soda for Preventing Blackheads
Blackheads and pimples are not uncommon for people exposed to dust and pollution most of the time. Having an oily skin type can also make one more prone to blackheads.
Blackheads can make our faces look dull and unclean. Baking soda, however, can mitigate the occurrence of blackheads by closing the pores present in the skin, therefore preventing our skin from getting clogged with dirt.
You can mix baking soda and water in a bottle and spray it from time to time. If you make this a part of your daily skincare routine, it will keep your skin hydrated and make your skin appear fresh and naturally healthy. Applying the solution to a freshly washed face can work even better for your skin. You can also choose to keep the solution in a refrigerator.
5. Baking Soda for Skin Cancer
Many studies have claimed that baking soda can be deemed as a magic bullet because of its natural properties to treat skin cancer.
This natural substance can help reduce the acidity in the body, which stops the tumors from growing and expanding. Even though it cannot be solely relied upon for treating cancer, adding baking soda to your diet would do you no harm.
6. Baking Soda for Lightening Dark Knees and Elbows
Sometimes, even the fairest people have dark knees and elbows, which might only give off the impression of being unclean and unhygienic.
Hence, if you want to treat your dark knees or elbows, you can go all-natural by using baking soda.
- You will need to grate a small potato and have its juice squeezed out to prepare this.
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda to it.
- Then apply the mixture to your elbows or knees and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process at least twice a week for best results.
Also read: Korean Skincare Regime for Skin
Medical literature would always recommend creams, lotions, and sometimes even medicines to treat skin complications, but little would they tell you the benefits of baking soda. The use of baking soda for skin side effects can seem to be really helpful if done regularly.
If you use baking soda for skin, we can assure you that it will act like magic, helping you bid farewell to all your complications.
So, are you ready to replace all your chemical products with this naturally pleasant home remedy that will not just enhance your beauty but will also help you maintain glowing skin?