Do you think you are losing hair at an alarming rate and you need to use ayurveda for hair growth ? Have you started to lose hair in patches and you are afraid that this might be leading you towards baldness? Do you ask yourself how you can get thicker hair naturally?
Here we will discuss the problem of hair fall and how it affects women. We will carefully analyse the root cause of your hair fall and provide you with a suitable, non-chemical and zero side effect solution to it using Ayurveda.
What Is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian remedy that provides chemical-free medical treatment which focuses mainly on dietary supplements that are botanical in nature, exploiting various herbs, leaves, roots, and other plant parts to extract its medicinal value to the fullest.
Ayurvedic tips for hair thickness have been used since ancient times. It also includes a healthy Lifestyle by following yoga and meditation. Since it is not manufactured in labs using chemicals that are artificial, it is not bound to have any side effects on your hair or scalp. Ayurveda for hair growth is every woman’s escape from the generic medicines and costly treatments.
Why Do We Desire Gorgeous Hair?
Hair is an essential asset for women all across the globe. We as a sorority are very careful of our hair and pay special attention to its growth and nourishment. Maybe it’s patriarchal that women are supposed to have thick, long and silky hair.
The beauty of a woman is often related to her hair just as it is determined by her fairness and slim waist. Maybe most of the world has grown out of this conventional mind set up, but still longing for natural gorgeous hair is no crime.
We cannot deny the confidence which arises due to good hair, it not only adds to your beauty but provides you with a conviction of conquering any hurdle in life; you carry this faith with you as long as you are having a good hair day.
Hair- An Important Asset Of Women
Change In Outlook Of Hair
It is not wrong to say that this concept of long, thick and silky hair has changed over the years. Now we see women with much shorter hair, experimenting with bright colours and swaying every hairstyle that is possible.
Bob cut hair or bangs or waves or curls, keratinised straighten hair for an artificial glossy and smooth look; everything is available in the market today. Over the years, many Models have broken the chains and gone completely bald, it is okay now.
Women switch to shorter hairstyles, during summer season because they are actively participating in work outside their household chores now.
Hair- An Important Beauty Asset For Indian Women
When it comes to India; the tradition that a woman follows, the rules she obeys, the beauty convention she is indulged in right from the beginning is heavily responsible for shaping the person she becomes.
She has always been told to have long, black hair, tied and oiled properly. Girls in school have to follow the dress code which includes two pigtails tied with ribbons. Well, now when you look back it might surprise you that out of all the bizarre protocols that you have to follow as a woman, this was the only one that could have been a solution to have healthier hair in future.
As we grow older and get busy with the mundane activities we forget to nourish our hair, with oil or Hena or massage it regularly.
Why Are You Facing Hair Fall Problem?
The chemicals used on our hair, like shampoo, conditioner, and hair colour damage it in the long run. The treatments like keratin, highlighting, using a straightener or a blow dryer damages the roots and cuticles in your scalp. As a result, you start losing strands of hair at an alarming rate.
You will start noticing a bunch of hair in your shower drain. This could be traumatizing, especially when we have been made to think that it’s okay if men get bald, but not when women start to lose hair, it becomes noticeable.
Other excruciating factors to hair fall includes unhealthy lifestyle like fewer hours of sleep, imbalanced diet, low protein intake, less intake of vitamins, poor stress management skills, even external factors like dirt and dust irritating the skin of your scalp when you get out of the house without proper protection from UV rays or pollution.
The changing weather or water can also have a damaging impact on the quality of your hair. If you frequently switch from one shampoo to another, it might be the reason that started the hair fall in the first place.
Many times hair fall is the result of a Genetic dysfunction in your DNA, it can be hormonal as well. Such hair fall can be chronic and might need some Expert Care and Consulting.
Sometimes the hair fall is a side effect of some other medications or chemotherapy, it might also be initiated when our body is recovering from an infectious disease like Malaria or Typhoid.
So hair fall can be temporary or permanent but the damage it does has an effect on our mental health and physical appearance.
Hair fall- A Nightmare
Today, almost every other woman complains about hair fall. When the strands of hair are left, entangled on the combs or hairbrush, it is disheartening. We are bound to lose a certain amount of hair every day, but when the shedding hair is not replaced by the new strands of hair and the equilibrium between lost and replenished hair is disturbed that is when hair fall becomes abnormal.
Ageing is another factor that adds to this, it is natural to lose more hair when we grow older, just like the greys of our hair. With hair loss being a major concern for women across the World, we have to look for an alternate solution, a set of natural remedies for hair thickness that would have minimum side effects and maximum results.
Ayurveda For Hair Growth
Today, Ayurvedic remedies and medicines are used to treat various diseases. In recent years, it has gained more popularity because of minimal side effects, easily available remedies at home, reasonable prices and the fate that is linked to our Indian Culture and Civilization.
Ayurveda has gained popularity around the world because of its easy approach towards curing a disease. It is a blessing for women who look for natural remedies for hair thickness.
Ayurveda Treatment Using Massaging Oil
We will focus on some of the products that are all-natural in treating hair fall:
- The massaging of the scalp with hot oil, especially in a dry season like winter, and regular oiling with almond, coconut, sesame, jojoba or olive oil is essential to restore the damaged and thin hair.
- Oiling will help to preserve the natural shine of your hair and it will be a boon for the frizzy and unmanageable hair.
- Neem oil can be beneficial if you have dandruff and an itchy scalp, it is antimicrobial in nature and provides a soothing sensation to your head and scalp.
- These oils with all their nutrient values like vitamins, Omega oil and other essential minerals helps your cuticle to open up thus promoting hair growth.
- Rosemary and Lavender oil is also beneficial when it comes to natural hair treatment. Oiling increases blood circulation in your scalp.
Ayurveda Treatment As Dietary Supplements
There are certain food items that could be included in your diet to nourish the internal metabolism and help your digestion:
- Eating Omega-rich food like fish, or having a protein-rich diet is always prescribed in Ayurveda.
- Include citric fruits which are a good source of Vitamin C like Amla in your diet to prevent hair fall.
- Food rich in iron like beetroot and pomegranate to improve the flow of blood in your scalp along with massage is an easy way to reverse the cycle of hair fall.
- To achieve the previously lost balance between hair growth and hair fall it is absolutely necessary to nourish the outer as well the inner.
- If you have lost a huge volume of your hair or have a clearly visible receding hairline, including Triphala is a good way to gain that volume or lustre back.
- A well-balanced diet with green leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits, protein from egg or chicken if you are a non-vegetarian is a good source of nutrients required by the body.
- If you are a vegetarian, the substituent of protein can be found in pulses, dairy products and other plant protein.
- Including spinach will give you the required iron in your diet.
- Include green tea after your lunch or dinner to increase your metabolism.
Ayurveda As Hair Mask
There are certain products that can be applied as hair masks:
- We can apply Methi( Fenugreek seeds) to our frizzy and dull hair and make it glossy and voluminous.
- Aloe Vera is an easily available plant that is full of essential oils and anti-inflammatory properties. It not only nourishes your hair but the skin as well.
- Reetha (Sapindus mukorossi) is applied along with Henna or Shikakai(Acacia concinna) is used since ancient times to have healthy and strong hair.
- A paste of yoghurt or lemon juice can also be applied to remove dandruff. Yoghurt is rich in vitamin D.
- Brahmi(Bacopa monnieri) can be used to prevent or remove split ends in your hair.
Of course, all these remedies have to be applied regularly with proper care for a sufficient amount of time for it to work. The results cannot be expected in a day or two.
Yoga And Meditation
Other than these there are some lifestyle remedies in Ayurveda to replenish thin hair like doing meditation to prevent anxiety and promote calmness of mind. Following a stress-free life, or ensuring better anger or stress management techniques can also be helpful.
Soorya Namaskar and Pranayama are efficient in restoring lost hair and baldness. Exercise regularly to achieve a healthier balance of all the five elements i.e. Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Ether and the three Doshas namely Vata( air and space), Pitta(fire) and Kapha(earth and water) written in Ayurvedic medicine system.
Things You Can Do To Avoid Hair Fall
There are certain practices in hair care routine which you might be doing wrong and it’s time to change it. Never comb your wet hair, it leads to detachment of hair from follicles, avoid junk food or fried food, keep drinking water, don’t do drugs, alcohol and smoking is also bad for your health and hair, do not dye or colour your hair frequently, it leads to damage.
Ammonia in hair colour can damage your hair to an irreversible amount. Do not use multiple products on your hair, avoid tight ponytails or other such hairstyles as much as possible and sleep well.
It’s All About Keeping Your Hair Healthy
The celebrities are using too many hair products these days and most of them are now suffering from thinning of hair. To avoid this they tend to wear Hair Wig which is an ultimate solution to hair loss or implant some strands of hair surgically but it will cost tonnes of money.
It is better to use Ayurvedic remedies which are readily available at home and they do you no harm, you can even use these products like Hena regularly to give your hair a natural reddish color. It might be slow but it is beneficial with multiple goodnesses.
In the long run, you have to take care of your hair. Do it wisely to avoid any damage in the future. Take good care of it and keep it healthy.