Fenugreek seeds or The bitter black ‘methi’ seeds are not only a useful ingredient in food preparation but are also extremely beneficial for the skin, hair, and health. It is one of the most sustainable skincare products one can use without burning a hole in their pockets. Let us have a look at the fenugreek seeds benefits:
Fenugreek Seeds for Skin
Fenugreek seeds are rich in Vitamin C, which lightens the skin complexion and glows it to present a refreshing look. One can make a paste of the fenugreek seeds by mixing one tablespoon of fenugreek seed powder with milk and apply it regularly as a face pack.
- Fenugreek seeds act as an efficient cleanser and fenugreek seeds benefits for face skin. The seeds can be soaked in water overnight, made into a paste and applied to the skin cleansing it thoroughly. The water in which fenugreek seeds are soaked can also be used as a skin toner applied with a cotton swab.
- Fenugreek seeds benefits for skin can also be used as a scrub. The seeds should be soaked overnight, and ground in the morning to form a scrub paste. This paste can be applied on the face to remove the dead skin cells and reduce the extra dirt from it.
- Fenugreek seeds can be applied as a moisturizer face pack. Soak fenugreek seeds in hot water overnight and grind them in the morning. Add two tsp of yoghurt and 1 tsp of honey to the paste and apply it as a face pack for 15 minutes and wash off. Follow it with a face cream for better results.
- The Vitamin K and Vitamin C in fenugreek seeds help to reduce blemishes and dark circles. It effectively removes the dirt and dead skin cells that cause dark spots on the skin.
- Fenugreek seeds are rich in anti-aging compounds that kill free radicals and reduce wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. The fenugreek seed mask helps in firming and rejuvenating the skin to give it a young and wrinkle-free skin.
- Fenugreek seeds help to cure acne with its antibacterial properties. Boil a specific amount of fenugreek seeds in water for about 15 minutes. Strain the water and let it cool. Once it is cooled, apply the liquid on the face with the help of a cotton ball.
Fenugreek Seeds Benefits for Hair
Fenugreek seeds are effective to tackle hair loss. Fenugreek seeds benefits for hair include strengthening the hair and dealing with follicular issues effectively. To use for hair loss, soak fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them in the morning.
Add some water and lemon juice to the paste and apply it on the hair as a hair mask and then rinse off. Fenugreek seeds can also be soaked in the bottle of coconut oil for ten days and can be used to massage the hair. It is useful to tackle hair fall.
- Fenugreek seeds also help to tackle dandruff— bacteria and dirt cause dandruff on the scalp. Fenugreek has antibacterial and antifungal properties to tackle dandruff. Create a hair mask with soaked fenugreek seeds paste and add yoghurt to it. Apply the mask to the hair and leave it for half an hour and wash off. For best results, apply the hair mask twice a week.
- Fenugreek seeds condition the hair from within making it healthy and shiny. For this, grind half a cup of soaked fenugreek seeds and add yoghurt, lemon juice and water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the hair and leave it for 45 minutes and then wash off. One can also use the water in which the fenugreek seeds and wash the hair with it for shiny hair.
- Fenugreek seeds benefits for hair growth by removing the dirt and strengthening the hair follicles. Mix half a cup of soaked fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp aloe vera gel, 1 tsp coconut oil, and 6-7 drops of rosemary oil. Apply the mix on the scalp, leave it for around half an hour and then wash off.
- Premature greying of hair is a common condition in the present world. We often see middle-aged people and even youths facing this problem that is caused by different factors like pollution, overuse of chemical products and many other factors. Fenugreek seeds have high potassium content which helps to tackle premature greying of hair. Apply the paste of soaked fenugreek seeds on the hair and wash off. One can also add amla juice to the paste and apply it on the scalp and hair for better results.
Fenugreek Seeds benefits for Health
Methi seeds benefits also include it as a perfect aid for maintaining good health. Fenugreek seeds are an effective ingredient of weight loss. If you want to lose those extra kilos, then adding fenugreek seeds to the diet is a must!
The fenugreek seeds suppress the appetite and help in weight loss. One can soak fenugreek seeds overnight and drink the water as a tonic for weight loss.
- Fenugreek seeds are a perfect aid for digestion and cure for digestive issues. Consuming fenugreek seeds in the diet improves the bowel movements and cures acid refluxes in the stomach. Drinking the water in which the fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight is good for the body.
- Fenugreek seeds are a must for diabetes patients, having the methi leaves or the roots. The fenugreek seeds have amino acids which produce insulin in the pancreas and subsequently lower the blood sugar levels in the body.
- Fenugreek seeds are perfect for relieving menstrual cramps. The lysine and tryptophan-rich proteins in the fenugreek seeds help to reduce period pains and menstrual cramps. Soak the seeds in water overnight and drink it to cure the pain.
- Fenugreek seeds alleviate heart diseases; the galactomannan in the fenugreek seeds effectively cures heart health. The high potassium content of the fenugreek seeds oppose the sodium effects in the body and controls heart rate.
- Fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which help to lower arthritis pain. One can drink the water in which the fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight as a tonic.
- Fenugreek seeds control the cholesterol levels in the body, preventing the intestines from absorbing cholesterol and subsequently reducing it. The methi seeds lessen the LDL cholesterol without affecting the HDL levels. One can drink the water in which the fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight. Fenugreek seeds have polyphenolic flavonoids which boost kidney function for better functioning.
Fenugreek seeds are truly a multi-purpose ingredient. People from across the world have over the years used this seed and the herb to cure ailments and benefit their health. In addition to fenugreek seeds benefits, it is also used to flavor foods, improve health, and soothe skin issues. Fenugreek can also be taken as a herbal supplement and is available in many grocery and healthcare stores.
Also Read; The Amazing Benefits Of Flax Seeds