Doesn’t a ponytail make us look the cutest?
It is not just about looking cute, but a ponytail is so much help too. It is the easiest way to tie our hair back and just get on with anything in the world. If you see a girl tying her hair back in a ponytail before doing something, then she is getting to business.
Believe it or not, different ponytails represent different moods of a girl. There is one they wear at home just chilling and the same they would wear outside, which would be the same but still so different. Isn’t that right?
They are the easiest to dress up or down. You can change the entire look of an outfit just by changing the ponytail.
Here are a few different ponytail ideas that you can try out for different outfits and take cuteness to an entirely different level.
How to Wear a Ponytail?
If you want to know about the different ways to wear a ponytail then here’s a list of some amazing ponytail ideas, that are super cute and different ways you can style them.
1. A High Ponytail
This one’s a classic and you can never go wrong with this one. It has been a go-to hairstyle for so many outfits when you do not want your hair open and want them to look stylish, a high ponytail is always the first choice.
To make a high ponytail, you should:
- Comb your hair to get rid of any tangles and smoothen out your hair. After this gather all of your hair on top of your head, do not leave any from the down portion.
- Hold them tightly and then tie them with an elastic.
- To give an edgier and sophisticated look, take a tiny section of your hair from underneath and wrap it around the elastic to create a fake impression that you have used your hair instead of an elastic.
2. A Low Ponytail
Just like a high ponytail looks amazing and edgy so does a low ponytail. It has an aura of pure elegance and style. If you add a few things to a low ponytail, you can wear it on almost every outfit.
To make a low ponytail:
- First, comb your hair and then make a center parting.
- Take all of your hair to the back, the part your hairline ends before your neck, and secure it with an elastic.
- There are so many ways to style a low ponytail. You can either follow a similar trick as you have read above, or you can leave it like that and take out two flicks from both sides.
- You also have the choice to either make a tight low ponytail that looks super sleep or loosen it to create a subtle look.
3. The Bubble Ponytail
This is a cute and fun ponytail. Your ponytail looks like little bubbles. For this look, you need some elastic bands, so be prepared.
Courtesy: twist me pretty
- Start with normally tying your hair in either a low ponytail or a high ponytail, both would look great with this.
- After you have tied your hair with an elastic in either of these ways, you need to leave about two inches of your hair and then tie it with an elastic.
- Repeat this until you reach the end of your hair. Pull a little to make your hair look like beads.
- This is a great hack when you have greasy hair and tying your hair in a normal ponytail just does not work.
4. The French Ponytail
This is another fun way to style a ponytail when you are bored with the usual hairstyle.
To make a French ponytail:
- Start with combing your hair, as any tangles in between would make it difficult to french plait your hair.
- After combing, start with a little section in the front and divide it into three equal sections, use the crisscross method that you use to make a braid.
- Take little sections of your hair from both sides of your hair, leaving the middle section out.
- Continue with this technique till you reach the end of your hair and instead of continuing with a braid like you usually do with a French braid but instead gather all the remaining hair and tie them with an elastic.
- There you have a French ponytail that looks like any normal french braid from the front but at the back, there’s a little twist.
5. Ponytail with a Twist
This one is again an elegant way to wear a normal ponytail, but it comes with a surprise when you turn back.
To make this ponytail:
- Part your hair from the middle and gather all of your hair at the back of your hair. You can decide how low you want this.
- Secure your ponytail with an elastic band and make sure it is pretty tight.
- Push the band a little down, just a little, and create a hole in the hair so much that your ponytail can pass through it.
- Fold your ponytail inward into that hole, making it look like a sort of hair twist.
- Take a few flicks out from the sides, and you’ll have yourself an elegant hairstyle, and you’re ready to walk down a red carpet.
6. The Side Ponytail
This one is a major hairstyle trend back in 2013-14, but who said you can’t wear it in the 2020s. It looks cute and keeps all your hair properly tucked on the side.
To make a side ponytail:
- Make a side parting, whichever way you like, and you think you look good in, and gather all of your hair to its opposite side.
- Use an elastic band to tie it. Don’t tie it too tight as it looks good when it is a little messy, so you don’t have to be too careful with making this.
- Take a few loose hairs from the sides. You can also follow the fake hairband trick here if you like.
With all these cute yet classy ways to wear a ponytail, you are set to step out in style.
Also read- Braid Hairstyle