Can you believe how different you can look with just a different hair part? It is one of the easiest and fastest ways to change the way you look or just add some style.
You would also be shocked to find that there are so many ways that you can part your hair. Here we will look into all the different ways that you can part hair and look great.
What is your Natural Parting?
There is a natural parting for your hair that is there without you trying to do anything. If you want to know which is your natural parting you can know that this way:
- Bend and let all of your hair down.
- Stand straight up and put all of your hair back again without setting them in any way. Let them settle back.
- You will notice that your hair will naturally set giving a particular parting be it the middle or any of the sides. That is your natural parting.
How to part Hair?
Here are the various ways in which you can part your hair.
1. Part Hair in the Middle
This is one of the most popular and widely made. To part your hair from the middle, you should start with brushing your hair to get rid of any tangles. After this, you can use the following ways to part hair:
The first way is by using your finger to part your hair. Start with the help of your nose and use it as a standard to divide your hair. Your hair parting should start exactly above your nose for the perfect part. Take your index finger to your hairline and till the back creating a straight line. After this use a comb to make the parting clear. Brush your hair again.
A tail comb is usually used for parting the hair in a more precise and professional way. The comb has a pointed end to use as a tool to carefully do the parting. To part, your hair with a tail comb, use it in the same way you did with your finger. Use the end of the tail comb and part your hair in the middle. Brush your hair to make sure there are no tangles.
2. Part Hair on the Side
This is another popularly used by many people. If you have been parting your hair in one way only. You would not believe how different you look if only you changed the side. This part is more casual and you can use it very often, even changing the sides to switch things up a bit.
How to make:
- Start with brushing your hair to make sure there are no tangles.
- After this from about an inch or two from the center of your head, using a tail comb or your finger divides your hair.
- Then using a comb, comb each side to make the parting look clear and neat.
3. Extreme Side Part Hair
This one is more dramatic as compared to a normal side part. Here one side of your hair has more hair as compared to the other. This looks more elegant and classy if you want to make it for more formal events.
With your hair parted on the extreme side, it keeps most of your hair away from your face and you don’t have to worry about them getting on your face all the time. It also compliments your jawline and cheekbones.
How to make:
- Measure about a two-three inches from the idle of your hair.
- Using a tail comb, part your hair carefully from there.
- Comb both sides to make it tangle-free and more clear.
- If you want you can use a clip to hold your hair if it is difficult to hold them at a place.
4. Zig Zag Parting
This one is more fun and cool way to part hair. This one is as unique as it sounds. It does need a lot of your concentration to do it precisely. If you want to make this parting you need to have a tail comb and a mirror near you. You can wear this for a college fest or any similar event that you’d be going to. This parting does look great and sure makes the heads turn.
How to Make:
- To make this hairstyle, start with your natural hairline. About 1-2 inches from here and make it a little tilted.
- After this do the same in the opposite direction and for 1-2 inches in distance again part your hair.
- This would make a triangular shape. Repeat these steps to make a zig-zag design.
How to Choose the Right One?
If you are still confused as to which parting you should go for and for which occasion or event you can use this guide to choose your pick.
1. Middle Parting
Middle parting looks great on most occasions and especially when you want to have a sleek straight look that is worn a lot by so many celebrities like Kim Kardashian. It looks great on people who have a round or oval face. You can wear it on almost every outfit and still look great but when you have an outfit that you want to highlight then it is right to go for this parting.
2. The Side Part
You can make this for everything and everywhere. It is a casual and fun way to part hair that you can wear at college, at the office, or even when you are only going out shopping. This parting looks great on people with square and diamond face shapes.
On the other hand, an extreme side part being more dramatic is more suitable for people who have heart-shaped faces. It is ideal for more formal events like weddings, dinners, etc.
3. The Zig Zag Parting
This parting is a unique and fun way to part hair that should be saved for specific events like a music concert or a festival. It compliments all face shapes and can be carried off well by all people.
So this was your quick guide to part hair in different ways and the next time you want to change your look a bit try changing the hair parting to add a little bit of spice.
Also read- Braid Hairstyle