Guide To Lip Augmentation
Lip Augmentation -A cosmetic phenomenon for providing you with fuller, beautiful and Plumpy lips. Out of the many ways of the same, these days dermal filler injection is the most popular method. While a wide range of dermal fillers is available in the marketplace, but the most common is hyaluronic acid which is injected within your lips. These are better known as ‘hyaluronic acid fillers’. Earlier collagen was put to this use, but now owing to the safety and lasting purposes, other dermal fillers have captured the market. Other methods to have plumper lips are inclusive of fat injections and implants. But yes, even they have side effects! The effect of these lip fillers remains for just six months and after that, a renewal session has to be gone to have the effect intact.
So, first of all let’s understand the effects of using hyaluronic acid fillers:-
Alongside these, here we enlist the different types of hyaluronic acid fillers available in the marketplace
- Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Restylane, Restylane-silk, Restylane-L
- Belotero balance
- Prevelle silk
Having injected the same way, all of these provide you with the same results. Some of it contains lidocaine, a local anesthesia.
Why is Hyaluronic Acid Beneficial?
Having injected it once, the gel within supports the tissues of the lips to get shaped a particular way.
The benefits of using the same are inclusive of:
- Lip Volume:- One may get tensed about the lip volume after injecting the filler. But you need not be tensed since the doctor has good control over the volume increment of your lips.
- Steady and gradual treatment:- These injections can be injected over time in different appointment sessions, to get the desired results.
- Dissolving of bumps:- Owing to the movement of lips, if any bumps or lumps surface up, they can be checked easily.
- Less pain and bruising:- In comparison to other fillers, hyaluronic filler gets the least bruises.
- Long-Lasting effects:- These results are reasonable for a long time, but yes don’t have a permanent effect.
- No allergy:- Hyaluronic acid is manufactured with the same kind of substances as present in a human body. Therefore, it leaves the least space for allergy. But owing to any allergy from lidocaine, you must check with your doctor beforehand.
Expectations From Lip Augmentation
If you have a lot of questions, expectations of a painful procedure, so let’s ease it out for you, because there’s not as much pain as the rumors have it! Injecting the filler is something that takes the least time and hence can be done within your doctor’s clinic. Coming to fat injections, yes a little more time is required as compared to other techniques. It is because it requires a small area of liposuction to have the removal of fat from a different part of the human body to inject it further.
Before having injected the same, a local numbness agent or anesthesia may be given to ease the discomfort. A careful marking is done on the areas where the filler needs to be injected, and then fine needles are used for the same. Following this, icing therapy is given to ease the discomfort by controlling swelling. Also, one needs to remain cautious that no pressure should be put on the treated area. Lipstick or lip balms are to be avoided for some time.
And the most important thing is that one should be able to feel normal and natural after getting it do.
Like any other cosmetic procedure, even this has got its own share of side effects; but then they are temporary and hence you need not worry. They are inclusive of:-
- Bleeding from the places where the injection has been done.
- Tenderness in and around the areas of injection.
- Fever blisters on the lips.
- Severe bruising lasting up to 10 days.
- Asymmetric lips
- Lumps in the lips.
- Tissue loss
- Ulceration or scarring
- Itching due to infection.
If you face one of the severe issues stated above, calling your doctor immediately is the wisest thing you can do.
The cost to be incurred in Lip augmentation is something that depends on the following factors:-
- Type of Procedure
- Experience of the doctor
- Area you inhabit
The filler’s price is usually determined per syringe. The cost depends on how much material is needed to get you the desired results. Most people are not in need of more than 2 syringes. The total cost range generally is- $500-$2000.
Also, one point to be noted is that most of the health insurance plans do not cover liposuction surgery. So, before stepping in, be sure of the charges that you may have to incur.
Is It the Right Decision?
Unless you truly desire an improvisation in your looks, you shouldn’t go forth for lip augmentation. Don’t go getting this done just in order to fit in the feminine trend. Also, having realistic expectations out if this journey is a necessity.
To undergo this surgery, one needs to be a non-smoker as well as healthy. Under some circumstances, you may not be allowed for lip injection:-
3. Blood clot issues
4. Oral Herpes
If you have ever suffered the issues of oral herpes or are ailing from some disease at present, or are taking any supplements for health, you should definitely inform your doctor about the same.
Be prepared before you go to get lip augmentation done and if you feel you aren’t, then hold back. Also, await the realistic results, not the fantastical ones. Always ask for the previous patient’s photographs from your doctor who have got done the same thing. Once you get satisfied, then only go forth to get it done.
Wish you a safe surgery and a good luck! 💚
Also Read: Collagen & Cosmetic Lip Fillers