Salon visits are always fun. Sitting on the super comfortable and getting pampered. Facials are one such self-pampering, relaxing and soothing rituals of monthly grooming sessions. We all love facials. Lying with eyes closed and getting your face massages for a good one hour and the transformation thereafter is just wow. Facial benefits are endless and thus they are our staple treatment at every salon visit.
We are hooked to facials because it’s relaxing, we like the change in our facial skin and because the salon owner suggested. Well, that limited information about facials is not fulfilling. We are here to tell you everything about facial benefits to increase your faith and to get one if you have never tried.
Why Face Massage is Important?
Our face is always exposed to so much light, pollution, heat, sweat, and whatnot. Our facial skin tends to get damaged. We develop dryness, pigmentation, acne, wrinkles, and all sorts of facial issues. Well, to save your face from these types of damage, facials are recommended from time to time to keep your face healthy, glowy, and smooth. We can say that facials promote new skin renewal and give the skin tender loving care that it needs.
Advantages of Facial Massage
Some people believe that facials are just a waste of time and money. Well. that is not true. If you are getting a good facial with a good massage then it is the best way to pamper your skin. Here is the list of some of the many facial benefits:
- Stress buster: Facial is a huge stress buster. When those soft creams are rubbed against your skin with your eyes closed and you are lying comfortably with dim light, that is an amazing feeling.
Life is loaded with stress and a facial massage is the best way to get over it. There are so many pressure points on our faces that are connected to the whole of the body.
Some of these facial benefits are also helpful in managing our stress levels too. Facial massage is like exercise for our face.
- Deep cleaning: So much dust particles hit our face when we step out. They damage our skin, making it dry and pigmented. A facial is an excellent way to deep clean the pores of our face. A well-clean face is what we all desire and facial is the best way to deeply clean facial skin.
- Prevents aging: With an increase in age, we must take extra care of our face. Sticking to a facial regime helps to reduce the sign of aging from our face. Facial massage boosts cell regeneration and promotes collagen development. Hence, it keeps the skin youthful and radiant. Also, the best facial benefits are, It effectively reduces wrinkles, fine lines, and dark circles.
- Evens the skin tone: The atmosphere around attacks our skin badly, filling it with pigmentation, acne, and dark patches. A facial is the best way to even out all those problems. Every skin color is beautiful so we should not let anything damage our skin tone. We need our skin tone just the way it is.
- Detoxification: Just like our internal body, our face needs detoxification too. Detoxifying the waste that accumulates on an everyday basis on our face needs to be cleared out.
Everyday cleansing may not be that effective as a session of good facial. The creams used in facials are rich in antioxidants, natural vitamins and minerals, and many essential oils that help in detoxifying the face effectively.
- Blackhead-whitehead elimination: This is one of the essential facial benefits. Blackhead and whiteheads are extracted using certain tools. Deposition of blackheads and whiteheads clog our facial pores due to which the skin looks dull. They must be removed from time to time.
- Exfoliation: Our face gets filled with dead skin cells due to the lifestyle and atmospheric conditions. A facial helps to exfoliate all the dead skin cells. It helps the skin to rejuvenate and makes it shine like new.
- Improves skin texture: Skin often loses its elasticity and becomes harsh, rough, and dry. Facial improves the texture of the skin. It makes it soft, supple, and feels amazing. After a facial, you will enjoy touching and feeling the skin of your face. You will surely enjoy your baby’s smooth skin.
- Boosts absorption ability: Facials cleans our skin so deeply that it opens all the pores. Any serum or healthy skin products are of no use if they are not well absorbed in your skin.
Facial clears the path of these products to let them absorb well in the skin and retain its benefits. Facial is amazing in increasing the skin’s ability to absorb other important products.
How often Should you Get A Face Massage?
Sticking to a facial routine is very important. But how often one should get facial depends upon some factors as listed below:
- Skin type: if you have oily skin or prone to acne and breakouts then you must get a suitable facial once every two weeks. If the skin type is normal, dry or combination a good facial once every month is good.
- Skin condition: If you have sensitive skin or skin prone to acne, hyperpigmentation, and breakouts then the frequency of your facial routine must be corrected. You must consult a dermatologist about it.
- Skin health: If you religiously take care of your skin by following a good skincare routine. A good day cream, night cream, toner, face wash, and moisturizer then your skin will remain in very good condition. It will not require heavy facials. Getting a facial once in two months is good if you have great skin.
- Budget: Facials are available in a wide range at every salon. Some facials can cost you a bomb. So the frequency of getting facials depends highly on your pocket.
After Facial Mistakes
A facial is a great way to healthy and glowing skin. But some mistakes can ruin all the benefits of facial leaves on your skin. It is advisable to take care of the following after getting a facial done:
- Wearing heavy makeup without moisturizer and primer
- Over exfoliating your skin
- Overexposure to the sun and not wearing a sunscreen
- Applying strong chemical-based products
- Sweating too much
- Touching your face too much
Tips to be careful about
- Before adopting a facial, get a patch test to ensure that no cream is reacting to your sensitive skin.
- Choose a good facial and a good salon on which you can rely on.
- If you are pregnant or have any other special condition, do inform your salon expert.
- Avoid stepping out in the sun just after the facial. Use sunscreen, a hat, or an umbrella. Sun can damage all the good effects of facial.
- Do not opt for a facial if you have damaged or burnt skin.
- Avoid using any soap or face wash for at least a day or two after getting the facial done.
Facials are much more than an hour of self-pampering time. A good facial can do you super-good. Choose the best facial and enjoy a beautiful skin type.
Also Read: 6 Tips For A Soothing Facial Massage at Home