Tattoos are almost everyone’s fascination! But before you get one you need to know some things about it to have a good experience. Most of the blogs will tell you about pain and stuff. Who doesn’t know tattoos ache??? So, we are here with some of the ideas which are a “been there, done that” kind of!
Tattoos, Here we go:
- Time Consideration: Whenever getting a new tattoo done, consider the question of timing. Having your tattoo exposed to sun or water, can ruin it while it’s still new. So, if you are the one who can’t control reaching out to the beach in summers, never go about getting a tattoo done in that season. Spring and autumn are the two most ideal times when you should go to get it done. It is because neither it will cause a burning sensation and nor there will be a need to cover it up while it heals!
- Don’t go cheap: Tattoos are something that can also infect you up! So, it’s important not to get it done on some cheap shop. Not just that you won’t find a good design at the same time it can leave your life scarred if it infects you. Always consider people’s or friend’s advice for a certain tattoo shop. If the shop is just way too cheap and many people have praised it then only go for it. Else don’t put your life on stake for a mere tattoo!
- Research your artist as well as design: While it may seem like the most unimportant task ever, researching your artist is the most important thing you do! After all, you are staking your body to that artist. Choose the artist by looking well into their portfolio and of course the reviews. Check their style of art and whether you both are on the same page or not. Sites like Facebook and Yelp can be of great help with regard to this.
- Keep the face away! For those who are deeply mad about tattoos, please remember you are getting a permanent thing done. So, if you get it on your face, you are going to have it for a lifetime. And at this stage you may like it but may be after a certain point of time, you will start regretting it. So, beware before you go about getting your face painted!
- Bepanthen+ beforehand: It’s not necessary that your tattooist supplies you with a Bepanthen+ or any kind of care cream. So, have it in advance before advancing your feet in the tattoo parlor! The best part about this rash cream is that it’s suitable for both soft as well as sore skin. Also, while your tattoo is still fresh, it keeps it from spilling out blood. Apply this cream twice on a daily basis.
- Go for a visual aid: Understanding what you are going to have way in advance is important. So, before you get that tattoo done, ask your tattooist to show you how it will look. At times, it happens that we have misconceptions about some designs which we realize only once it’s done. So, to save yourself from that, ask him to show you the exact look beforehand.
- Don’t shave twice: If you are going to have your tattoo on the area where you shave regularly, then don’t shave before the tattoo heals. If you do it, you may get severely hurt. Also, try not getting a tattoo where you have excessive hair naturally as if you shave often, you may feel itchy or rashy.
- Touch up session: If you feel like some of the lines in your tattoo are blurry, go ahead without hesitation and ask your artist to do it all. It’s important because if you go on with it the same way; then at a certain point of time, your design will look too awkward. Remember the quote- “Leave not a speck that may cause a wreck!” Also, for the ones who think there will be more pain, you are already in pain, add up to it a little rather than adding up to it on a later stage!
So, these were some quick facts about getting a tattoo done that no one tells you about. Being a first timer, you should have it all on your finger tips to have a satisfactory experience at the tattoo parlor!