Mother’s day is just around the corner and so is another lockdown, considering the Covid-19 situation. But you can always celebrate it at home so it won’t be that difficult to surprise your mom amidst quarantine. But what about gifts and surprises? Well, you don’t always have to take your mom out to fancy restaurants to eat. Sometimes, the best gift is homemade, filled with love and affection. And what better way to showcase that than through food! Yes! No more ordering a cake from a fancy bakery. Prepare special dishes at home by yourself, add a dash of gratitude and warmth, and voila, you just made the perfect recipe of love. This is going to come off as heartwarming to your mom. Well then, let’s get right to it!
Mother's Day Menu Surprise
Take a look at these amazing dessert recipes to prepare for mother’s day:
1. Special Mother’s Day Cookies
Cookies are the all-time favorite when it comes to sweets. So, bake some delicious cookies and decorate them to give them a special effect. Here are some flavors and combinations you could try:
- Go with the classic chocolate chip cookies and add white chocolate chips on the top to add more flavor.
- Bake regular cookies and write a lovely message on top with the help of colorful icing.
- Mint and chocolate chip cookies with dark chocolate icing on top.
- Get different types of cookie cutters like those of hearts, stars, or flowers and bake different types of cookies with royal icing on top.
- Make biscuits with your mom’s favorite jam as filling.
- Make glazed cookies and sprinkle some edible glitter on top or dry edible flowers.
2. Fruitilicious Tartlets
This is one of the best options for both a healthy as well as a yummy dessert. Make a custard tart, a chocolate one, or use any other filling of your choice for the tart and top it off with some pieces of your mother’s favorite fruits! You could berries, kiwis, practically any fruit of your choice! Pair pieces of 2-3 different fruits on one tart or design each tart with individual fruit pieces. You could also use the same fruit to make the filling of the tart, thereby giving it a more enhanced flavor. Either way, it’s a great mother’s day recipe! The best fruits to use for tarts:
- Mandarin oranges
- Apricot preserves
3. Lavender Eclairs
Eclair pastries are usually filled with milk or dark chocolate. So, instead of the usual way, make eclair pastries with a bit of a twist this time and use a lovely natural ingredient like lavender. Not only will it be more unique, but it will also be just delicious, thanks to the rich flavor and aroma of lavender. You could put some confetti on top or you could also use some dry lavender leaves to sprinkle on top of the eclair.
4. Crepe Cake Roll
Instead of a crepe cake, prepare a crepe cake roll. This is especially because there are high chances of the crepe cake falling apart when you cut a piece from it. But that’s not at all the case with crepe cake rolls. Assemble an incredible chocolate crepe cake roll with some tart cherries and whipped cream on top. If you want a more enhanced flavor, then you could also go for a fruit-based crepe cake roll like mango or strawberry, or with a strong flavor of dark chocolate, coffee, etc. Take a look at some flavor combinations that you could also try out:
- White chocolate and strawberry.
- Dark chocolate and strawberry or blackberry.
- A mixed flavor crepe cake roll (rainbow crepe cake roll).
- Chocolate with salted caramel.
- Lemon curd and strawberry
- Cranberry and hazelnut.
5. A Cupcake Basket
Everybody loves gift baskets. And what better way to prepare a mother’s day gift basket than to fill it up with delicious goodies! Bake different types of cupcakes with all sorts of flavors and toppings, get a pretty basket, or use a handmade one for a special touch, and fill it with the cupcakes you make; just the perfect gift! Here are some unique cupcake ideas you could try to make:
- Make a salted caramel cupcake with chocolate frosting on top and put crushed pretzel bits on top of the frosting.
- A healthy carrot cake cupcake.
- A tiramisu cupcake.
- A classic red velvet cupcake.
- Make a regular chocolate cupcake with a white chocolate filling.
- Top your vanilla cupcake with fresh fruits instead of confetti.
- Make a strawberry cupcake with a dark chocolate ganache.
6. A Classic Bundt Cake
An old-fashioned bundt cake in the evening with some hot coffee or cinnamon rolls, and you and your mother sitting and reminiscing. Wow, that sure sounds like a great evening! Make a mouth-watering bundt cake with the perfect flavor combinations and say goodbye to a regular cake. Have a look at some tasty flavor combos and pairings to help you make just the perfect bundt cake:
- A classic vanilla bundt cake.
- A cocoa bundt cake.
- A banana bundt cake with dark chocolate glaze.
- A cookie and cream bundt cake.
- A blueberry bundt cake with a chocolate topping.
- A lemon bundt cake.
- A chocolate and almond marbled bundt cake.
- A fresh cherry bundt cake.
7. Homemade Ice Cream
Not only is homemade ice cream better in taste because you get to play with the flavors the way you want to, but it also tends to have a rich and smooth texture and is way more refreshing and healthier. Try out these incredible flavor combos for the tastiest homemade ice cream:
- Chocolate and coconut ice cream with coconut shavings on top.
- Vanilla and cranberry ice cream topped with some cranberry sauce.
- Banana ice cream with caramel and sprinkles on top.
- Pistachio ice cream.
- Strawberry ice cream topped with fresh strawberries and cherries.
- Peach-flavored ice cream.
- Butterscotch ice cream.
- Fresh orange/lemon ice cream with chocolate syrup on top.
These homemade dessert recipes show love with a sincere effort and sometimes, that’s all your mom wants to see, effort. So, have a wonderful mother’s day with these lovely and tasty homemade sweet dishes!
Also read- Mother's Day