In today’s modern world people are well familiar with the concept of family planning. Unlike the older times when pregnancy used to happen just as a surprise and never truly intended, today’s scenario is quite different. Couples believe in trying for pregnancy only when they feel they are absolutely ready for it. But sometimes, couples don’t get good news while they are trying every way possible to conceive. Have you been trying to get pregnant lately and have not received the news? We are here to let you know about the possible causes because of which maybe you are unable to get pregnant.
- Not trying for long enough: You should know that if you have tried this month doesn’t mean you will get pregnant in a month itself. A study says that 80 percent of the couple conceive after trying for about 6 months and in some cases, time exceeds 12 months too. Never get disheartened about trying for some time and not receiving the news. It takes time and is not an instant process. You should try for about 12 months before opting for a check-up. It is advisable to visit a fertility clinic if you are 35 years or older and have tried for about 6 months. Secondly, if you are younger than 35 years of age and have tried for about a year.
- Too stressed out about getting pregnancy news: Many women worry at the time of getting pregnant. They are stressed about getting pregnant that they end up being disappointed. Stress is the biggest enemy while you are trying to get pregnant. Stress just ruins the process of making a baby. You need to calm down and go with the flow instead of being all panicky about getting pregnant. Live with ease.
- Not trying at the right time: It is important to have sex while the lady is ovulating. A lady can take the help of an ovulation kit to know when she is ovulating or theoretically a woman is ovulating when she is about 14 days away from her next period if the menstrual cycle is of 28 days. Many problems like PCOS, irregular periods, being over or underweight, thyroid, hyperprolactinemia or excessive workout can disturb your ovulation cycle. It is advisable to seek help from a doctor in such a situation.
- It’s HIS’ problem, not ‘HER’: Keep in mind, it takes two people to produce a baby. It is not necessary that if the lady who is supposed to carry a baby is at fault, it can a man’s problem too. The study says that 20-30 percent of the time infertility lies in a man and not a woman. A matter of fact is that a man’s infertility barely has any symptoms, it can only be tested through a man’s semen analysis to find out if there is a problem. If you have tried for too long then you both need a check-up and not just the woman.
- Age factor- A woman’s fertility starts to deplete by 35 years of age and in man’s case the age limit is 40. So if you are near that age, there is a chance that you will take longer to conceive. Age has a direct connection with the quality and quantity of sperms and eggs. Also, if your partner and you have an age gap of five years or more, your fertility could be at trouble by 35 years of age.
- Fallopian tube blockage: Fallopian tubes are the pathways between your ovaries and the uterus. It is through this tube that eggs get transported. Sperms are supposed to swim up to the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tubes to reach the egg released by the ovaries. In some cases, something hinders in the fallopian tube, not allowing the egg and the sperms to meet. This blockage is sometimes the reason for not getting pregnant. The blockage of fallopian tubes usually don’t have any symptoms, they can only be identified through fertility test. Though it is not a worrisome issue, it can be a possible reason for not being able to get pregnant.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition where tissues grow in the places outside the uterus. Usually, 50 percent of the women having endometriosis have difficulty in getting pregnant. The symptoms of this problem include pelvic pain in usual and menstrual pains as well. Endometriosis is usually misdiagnosed and sometimes missed. It is also a part of the infertility scenario.
It is always advisable to stay relaxed and never worry about getting pregnant. You will be pregnant after some time of trying and even if you have an infertility problem, it can be treated and you will have a child. So just relax and go with the flow. Try for about a year naturally, making sure you have sex on your ovulation days. And if you don’t get news, then visit an OB-GYN.