There's never a bad time for these Key Lime Pie Shots. They don't take long to put together and have a wonderful flavor. The flavor will remind you of Key Lime Pie. There's no event too formal to celebrate with these adult-only shots. If you're anything like this, you'll want to down every last one of these Key Lime Pie Pudding Shots at once. When on a vacation or a party, shots are never the boring option. Just like key lime shots, the fruity blue moon shots are equally delightful and glorious. Graham crackers make a nice crust, and then there's the creamy middle, the whipped topping, and you can add some fresh Key lime for a zesty finish.
Key Lime Pie Shot Recipe
- On high, beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer until it is smooth. Slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk while the mixer is on low speed. Continue beating on low speed until all of the milk is a mix.
- Roll limes on a clean cutting board to get the juice out, then cut them and squeeze the juice right into the bowl. Mix on low speed until everything is a mix.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until they look like fine crumbs. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of melted butter and pulse until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Add graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of your glass (how many depend on the size of your glass). Spoon key lime pie filling on top.
- You can serve it with whipped cream and a lime wedge on top if you want. This key lime pie shot recipe is amazing.
Extra tips to make your Key Lime Pudding Shots a success
- A mason jar with a tight-fitting cover might serve as a makeshift shaker if you find yourself without a proper cocktail mixer.
- You can keep the whipped cream vodka bottle in the freezer and store the RumChata in the refrigerator, but keeping them very cold is essential for making this drink. You may as well put your blues aside with an equally refreshing screwdriver vodka cocktail.
- Make it a Key Lime Pie Martini! Shake together the same ingredients, but this time serve them in shot glasses that have been rimmed with graham crackers. Serve these key lime pie shots in shot glasses that have been rimmed with graham crackers.
What are Key Lime Pie Jello Shots?
Although Jello Shots are most commonly associated with college and bachelorette parties, they are a great addition to any celebration. Jello shots are both a crowd-pleasing dessert and an easy, make-ahead beverage option. St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, but these green Jello shots with gold sugar rims and a smear of whipped cream make me think of little lime pies, making them appropriate for any summer celebration. Alternatively, you can replace the gold sugar rim with a red sugar rim to make a fantastic holiday beverage.
How to make Jello Key Lime Pie Shots?
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil while you pour the green jello powder into a medium-sized bowl and put together your shot glasses.
- Pour the 1 cup of boiling water over the powder and whisk it until you completely dissolve the powder.
- Add the 1/2 cup of vodka and 1/2 cup of cold water carefully.
- Pour the liquid from the Jello into a measuring cup and then divide it evenly between the shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
- To add a sugar rim, carefully run the edge of each shot glass under cold water while holding the shot glass upside down, and then dip the glasses into a small dish filled with gold sugar crystals.
The key lime would put this key lime pie shot over the top with its sweet, sour, and slightly floral flavor. If you can't find key limes, you can still make this drink by squeezing a regular lime. Most grocery stores sell bottled Key West lime juice, which you can usually find in the juice aisle. That or regular bottled lime juice would work as a substitute. Don't use lime juice that is sweetened, though, because it will make the drink too sweet. We are glad you stayed until the end.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What does a key lime pie shot taste like?
The juice of a key lime is sourer and a little bit more bitter than that of a Persian lime. Some people find the taste very bitter and almost acidic. People often use key lime juice in very sweet desserts because of this. The bitterness of the key lime and the sweetness of the sugar go well together.
Q2. What are the benefits of key lime pie shots?
Lime juice helps make the pH of our bodies more alkaline. The pH of our bodies should, by nature, be more acidic at night and more alkaline in the morning. Further, this change makes our bodies more alkaline, as a result, which gives our cells more energy and makes us feel more awake.
Q3. What are the ingredients present in key lime pie shots pudding?
Sweetened condensed milk, a lot of lime zest and juice (ideally from key limes), and enough egg to set it are all that's needed to make a delicious key lime pie. Fill a prepared graham cracker crust, bake for a few minutes to solidify the filling, then refrigerate. To serve, add whipped cream on top of the pie.