Olive oil is among the wide variety of oils available in the market but it is richer and more beneficial. Olive oil is the oil extracted from olives and was called ‘the liquid gold’ in the ancient world. Due to the rich olive oil benefits, it is the first choice of any chef or cooking expert.
There is much more to olive oil than just being the cooking oil staple. Here we are going to tell you about the immense benefits of olive oil along with its uses and much more.
Olive oil benefits
Olive oil is the richest of all the oils available. Its benefits are endless which makes it the first choice of many individuals. Here is the baggage of benefits that olive oil carry:
Olive oil benefits for skin
- Intense moisturization: Olive is the best moisturizing agent one could ever find. If used regularly, it makes the skin soft, supple, and radiant. Olive oil is not too greasy so it can be used on any skin type.
It absorbs extremely well into the skin and provides nutritions like vitamin E. So if you wish to go for an organic skincare routine then olive oil is your best option for moisturization purposes.
- Healthy skin: Not just moisturization for olive oil makes the skin healthy and flawless. After using so many chemical-based products on our skin, in the end we wish to use something organic to rejuvenate the skin.
Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E which makes it an amazing antioxidant and also treats inflammation. If used as a night oil regularly, olive oil will make our skin healthy and flawless.
- Organic makeup remover: Olive is the best product to swear by for makeup remover. Instead of using chemical-based micellar and cleansing milk, switch to olive oil. It will deeply clean your skin without making it sore.
Just rub a generous amount of olive oil on the face and then wipe it with a wet wipe of a wet cotton pad. Your makeup will be removed smoothly without harming the skin. It will also add the required moisturization that gets lost with the makeup products.
- Anti-aging properties: Olive oil is your best option to treat wrinkles and signs of aging. Applying a thin layer of olive oil mixed with a few drops of lemon juice will make up for your anti-aging cream. It will reduce wrinkles, making skin tight and youthful.
- Heals cracked heels: Are those cracked heels hurting you badly? Use olive oil to heal them. Apply a generous amount of olive oil on cracked heels at night and put up socks before hitting the bed. Your cracked heels will be gone by morning. It is one of the best home remedies to treat cracked heels.
Olive oil benefits for hair
- Makes hair healthy: Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E, zinc, sulfur, and calcium which provides the hair with many benefits, making them smooth and voluminous. Massaging hair with olive oil twice a week makes the hair scalp super healthy and cater hair loss as well. It makes the hair silky, shiny, and thick.
- Hairfall and dandruff: Olive oil is one of the vital ingredients found in many shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatment lotions. Due to its richness, it encounters the problem of hair fall, dandruff, and dry hair. Olive oil is the best oil to rely on when the question is about hair care.
Olive oil benefits using in diet
- Good for diabetic patients: Diabetic patients are sensitive to food. They should be careful about their diet as it affects their blood sugar levels.
The food that contains olive oil is rich in mono and polyunsaturated fats which is beneficial for diabetes patients. Adding olive oil to your food also reduces your chances of getting diabetes issues in the future.
- Breast cancer: Olive oil in diet is great to treat breast cancer in women. Olioropien found in olive leaves carries anti-breast cancer properties. It is an organic way to treat and cure breast cancer.
- Bone health: Olive oil is rich in calcium that makes the bone healthy and strong. Not just for adults but in children and expecting mothers, olive oil helps in the formation of healthy bones. If someone has a fracture any bone damage then olive oil must be added to the diet.
- Speeds up weight loss: While other oils like ghee which increases body weight, olive oil contributes to weight loss. Having olive oil as cooking oil or dressing for salads and pasta the safest option as it will not add any extra kilos to your body.
So switch to olive oil if you wish to reduce weight. It also prescribes by many dieticians for a healthy weight loss regime.
- Cholesterol: Eating too much oil increases our cholesterol levels. But having olive oil lowers the bad cholesterol in our blood. It is not too sticky so it cannot make the blood thick or heavy.
Cholesterol is a major problem and olive oil is the best solution to it. A healthy cholesterol level means no heart problems.
Olive oil uses
Olive has multi-purpose uses. Due to its rich benefits, it can be used in different ways:
- Raw olive oil: To retain all the benefits of olive oil some people consume extra virgin olive oil in raw form. Just begin your day with two spoons of olive oil and you are good to go.
- Dressing: If you like the taste of olive oil it is used as a dressing on fruits, vegetables, pasta, and grilled veggies. It makes the food delicious and you also receive all the benefits you need from it.
- In milk: Some people like to add a teaspoon of olive oil to their everyday glass of milk. Having this daily will counter the problem of constipation
- Cooking oil: Top chefs of the world use olive oil for cooking. It is the best and the healthiest of all the cooking oil range available. It makes the food more delicious and does not changes the taste. You will retain all the benefits of eating olive oil if you cook your food in it.
There is no oil better than olive oil. Olive oil benefits are endless so make it a staple in your grocery list. It is very healthy for you and your family.
Fact: People from the Mediterranean where olives are grown and used the most have the lost mortality rate in the world when it comes to cardiovascular diseases.