Nourishing and healthy hair is the dream of every woman! Your hair experiences regular wear and tear and pollution from the environment. As such, to make it healthy it is necessary to do hair spa every once in a while. It rejuvenates the hair, scalp and the roots making it strong and long. Hair spa treatments are expensive as it burns a hole in the pocket! In such a case, bringing the spa home and doing this process at home is easy and affordable.
What is Hair Spa?
Hair Spa is a ‘hair rebirth therapy’. In this treatment process, the hair is nourished and deeply conditioned with essential nutrients for the hair. These nutrients help to reverse the damage and also boost hair health from the roots to the tip. A hair spa results in shiny, silky and softer hair. With the present atmosphere being full of dirt, smoke, and pollutants, a it is essential for the hair.
Is Hair Spa Good For Hair?
It is the best treatment for the hair. There are different types of hair treatments- chemical as well as naturals. As chemical treatments may adversely affect the hair and scalp, hair spa done with natural ingredients and products are the best.
How to do Hair Spa at Home?
You can easily do it at home with the required ingredients. Follow the following simple steps:
· Oil hair the night before
· Wash your hair in the morning
· Massage the scalp and hair with a hair pack. Make the pack at home with the ingredients (beer, white vinegar, curd, banana, papaya together). Beer helps in the growth of hair, curd is useful for oily scalp, banana for dry scalp and papaya for combination scalp.
· You can also put a hair pack of amla, shikakai, mehendi and reetha, and leave for 10 minutes.
· Put on a hair cap and leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
· Rinse the hair
· Wrap a hot towel around the head and let the scalp absorb the steam.
· Wash the hair and apply the serum.
Things to note while doing a Hair Spa at Home:
· Wash your hair thoroughly. Never leave oil traces in hair.
· If you have dandruff in hair, lemon juice and white vinegar mix is useful to get rid of it.
· Always let your hair dry naturally and air dry. Avoid blow-drying to not damage the hair.
· Don’t do in colored and chemically treated hair.
· Rinsing hair with beer will give an added shine and bounce to the hair.
· Never leave the hair wet for a longer time. Also do not comb your hair when it is wet, it will cause more hair to fall.
Some home-made hair spa packs for you:
Pack made from banana, honey, and milk
Take a ripe banana, one tbsp of honey and milk powder with 1-2 drops of Rosemary oil. Mix them all and apply on the hair. Cover the hair with a shower cap and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Thereafter, shampoo and wash the hair and also apply conditioner.
Pack with coconut milk and lemon
Take 1-2 tbsp coconut milk, 1 tbsp of milk powder, half a lemon juice and 2 drops of lavender oil. Mix them thoroughly and apply it on the hair. Cover the hair with a shower cap and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Thereafter, shampoo and wash the hair and apply conditioner.
Benefits of Hair Spa:
· Deep Conditioning: Hair spa treatments penetrate the hair to the roots. It strengthens the hair follicles nourishing the roots, conditions the roots and improves hair growth. The treatments also hydrate the scalp, thus preventing dryness and dandruff. The hair becomes silky and lustrous after a hair spa.
· Dandruff Removal: Henna and lemon in the hair spa treatment help in removing dandruff. Regular hair spa treatments help to cure and prevent dandruff.
· Thick and Healthy Hair: Continuous hair spa processes help to clean the scalp reversing the hair damage and giving you thicker and shiny hair.
· Scalp Aging Prevention: Aging causes hair greys and hair fall. Along with that pollution and daily wear and tear, the scalp ages much faster and prematurely. Hair spa treatments counter the aging process and provide the hair and scalp the much-needed nourishment to stay youthful.
· Prevents Dull And Frizzy Hair: Nourished and healthy hair shines with life. Hair spa treatments bring hair to live, from the roots deep down the scalp to the ends. It also helps to prevent frizz and dullness.
· Scalp Health: The scalp needs regular nourishment to remain healthy and to ensure new hair growth. Hair spa treatment gives all the nutrients to the scalp, strengthening the follicles and boosting them to produce more hair.
· Oil Secretion: Pollution and overuse of chemical hair products cause irritation to the scalp and also mess its oil balance. The hair spa treatments soothe the sebaceous glands, letting them produce the required oil amount to keep the hair nourished.
· Removes Impurities: Hair spa treatments remove the dirt and impurities that get accumulated in the hair from everyday pollution. Hair spa treatments help to remove this dirt and impurities to make it clean.
· Well-Nourished Hair: Hair nourishment is essential for everyone. While it is necessary to take the essential nutrients for keeping the hair healthy, hair spa treatments are an additional benefit to the hair. It boosts the hair growth and the result is a lustrous shine of the hair.
There are many useful products available in the market. One can visit the nearest salon to get a deep conditioning hair spa treatment. Or you can easily get natural products and carry out the treatment at home. Whatever the process may be, the result will definitely be lustrous, silky and healthier hair.