Haircare routine is often difficult to follow. You have to apply the right shampoo and hair conditioners. Your hair should be clean and dirt free. Whenever you are outside you have to protect your hair from pollution and UV rays. You need to massage your hair every time before you wash your hair.
Hair conditioner for women is a must. It is essential for your hair care routine. After you have washed your hair; you need to apply conditioner to it. It nourishes your hair and makes it tangle-free. It will help moisturize your hair.
Here is everything to know about hair conditioners.
What Chemicals Are There In Your Conditioner?
Your hair conditioner has a lot of chemicals. Some chemicals are harmful to your scalp and hair. There are chemicals like sulphates, phthalates, formaldehyde and many more. Other than these chemicals there are many colours and fragrance added to it.
It is always advisable to use a conditioner which has natural substances as its core material. For example, coconut oil and Jojoba oil. It can also have certain citrus elements like Amla.
Benefits Of Using Hair Conditioner
- Shampoo can make your hair rough. All the harsh chemicals in your shampoo will impact your hair negatively. Hair conditioners will smoothen it.
- Hair conditioner for women is available in different varieties. It will make your hair tangle-free and soft.
- Conditioner protects your hair from the damage caused by shampoo and other chemicals. It provides a protective coat to your hair.
- Hair conditioner for women is a boon. Especially to people with frizzy and unmanageable hair. People who have curly hair tend to use a lot of conditioners to manage their hair.
- If you have coloured or dyed your hair; conditioning it is a must. The highlights or dye will lose its shine soon. Conditioners can protect your coloured hair and it will remain that way for a longer period.
- Conditioners are a moisturizer for hair. It provides your hair with the right amount of moisture.
- Applying conditioner every time you shampoo your hair will lead to shiny hair. You will have silky hair after conditioning. It will become straight naturally.
- Conditioners can reverse the damage done to your hair. Especially from shampoo and heat.
- It is easier to comb your hair if you have conditioned it after a wash.
How To Use A Hair Conditioner?
Depending on the purpose you can use a hair conditioner in different ways. Some are applied before shampooing and some after shampooing. You have to take a little bit of conditioner and apply it on your wet hair.
Do not use conditioner on dry hair. Never apply conditioner to your roots; just the strands. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then wash your hair with cold water.
Hair conditioner is simple to use and very effective. You can purchase a shampoo which has a conditioner added to it. After washing your hair, dry it properly. If you have unmanageable hair then, you can apply a few drops of serum on your hair. Comb it properly and you are done. It is also advised to oil your hair before shampooing it.
Different Types Of Conditioner
Different hair types require different conditioners. The right conditioner for hair of different types is as follows.
If you have less volume of hair you can use a leave-in conditioner. This will stay in your hair longer and you don’t have to wash it after 5 minutes. It promotes hair growth.
For people who do not have much time for washing and conditioning their hair. You can use a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner.
If your hair is damaged because of styling and colouring. Or because of the hairdryer and straightener. You can use a deep conditioner. It will provide support and protection to your damaged hair. Wait for some time to have silky hair after conditioning.
If you have thick and curly hair you will probably need more than one conditioner. It can be difficult to manage frizzy hair. You will have to use a conditioner meant for curly hair.
If you have thin hair; you can use a volumising conditioner. It will make your hair appear thicker and voluminous.
Right conditioner for hair can repair your hair. But with all the chemicals added in the synthetic conditioners, it can ruin the health of your hair. It is better to make your own conditioner at home using natural ingredients.
- You can make a mixture of egg and Amla. Apply it for softer hair.
- Grind a few bananas and apply it as a hair mask. The potassium in bananas will provide the right amount of nutrients to your hair.
- Keep oiling your hair using coconut oil. Oil massage will improve the blood circulation in your scalp and promote hair growth.
- Curd is a natural remedy that can be applied for manageable hair. It will reduce the damage done to your hair.
- You can also rub Aloe Vera on your hair strands. Aloe Vera is a magical herb. It is a good remedy for your hair as well as your skin.
Problems With Hair Conditioner
- If the chemicals are not right for your skin type you may develop some allergic reactions to it.
- It might damage your cuticle. The chemicals in the conditioner are harsh if applied to the scalps.
- Sometimes it might make your hair look flat as if it doesn’t have any volume.
- If you switch from one conditioner to another it might damage your hair.
- If you discontinue using a conditioner; it will make your hair brittle and fragile.
- Do not use conditioners very frequently or in a huge amount.
- You might suffer from hair fall if the product doesn’t suit you.
Some Popular Hair Conditioners Available
The girls at The Voice of Woman too suffer from the various hair damage issues, and we love our beautiful manes. So, we are sharing with you some of the best hair conditioners which have worked wonders for us.
Give it a try, because every hair type is unique!
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Leave-in Conditioner
- Dove Hair Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner
- Khadi Herbal Amla Bhringraj Hair Conditioner
- Tresemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner
This was everything to know about hair conditioners. It is absolutely important to manage your hair. You spend a lot of time and money on keeping your hair perm and stylish. You don’t want to suffer from hair fall or lose the voluminous hair on your scalp. But in today’s life, it is almost impossible to have healthy hair.
Right conditioner for hair will protect your hair to an extent that the damage is minimal. You need to find the right conditioner for your hair. It will make your hair look nice again. You have to keep your hair healthy. Healthy hair makes you look more beautiful. So go and flaunt your beautiful hair.