Hair Care Tips for Winter
After a sultry summer, our spirits soar with anticipation for the approaching winter months. The weddings, the parties and all the get-togethers that are synonymous with this time of the year.
But along with winter comes some woes, especially for our hair. We spend a lot of time on our skin and often tend to ignore our tresses. But a beautiful mane of hair complements the fashion trends that you would want to portray this season. So, here are some excellent winter hair care tips.
Winter Hair Care Products
The following are the winter hair products used in winter to take the best care of your hair.
Hair and care products for winter
–conditioners – helpful during dry cold weather months.
–Coconut oil products – Hair oil like coconut or avocado packed with antioxidants and vitamins that are like a big drink for any hairstyles
Dry Shampoo – use dry shampoo regularly to keep hair looking fly, without overwashing it
Problems Faced By The Hair
With a drop in the temperature and lack of moisture makes the hair look listless. Also, your hair needs to recover from the damage caused by the long summer season.
· Dry scalp and dandruff
· Reduced hair growth
· Tangled hair
Winter Hair Care Home Remedies
Take care of your hair at home using these simple hair care tips for winter
1. Ditch the hot for warm for your hair– the chilly winter mornings call for a hot bath, but for your hair opt for a warm or even better cool shower. Hot water dehydrates the scalp.
2. Oil, oil and some more oil- the scalp gets dry due to the lack of moisture. Opt for olive oil instead of coconut oil this season. Heat 2 tablespoon oil and massage the oil in a slow circular motion, it leads to deep conditioning. This prevents hair fall and is among the best hair care tips for winter.
You can also use hot-towel turban therapy after toiling to lock in the moisture. Keep the oil for 20-30 minutes before washing with shampoo and conditioner.
3. Wash your hair less– frequent hair washes are required for the summers, but come winter, wash your hair every 2-3 days, as it prevents the hair from drying and helps in retaining the natural oils.
You can use a dry shampoo to make your hair looking fresh or just wash your hair with conditioner, skipping the shampoo altogether.
4. Dry your hair before stepping out– with a nip in the Celsius, if you step out with wet hair, there is a greater chance of the delicate hair follicles to freeze, leading to breakage and hair fall during winter season. Either naturally dry your hair, by patting it lightly with a soft towel, or if you are in a hurry use the hairdryer in the cold mode.
5. Cover your hair- protect the hair from the elements and bring out those fancy hats and scarves that have been lying neglected for so long. Opt for silk scarves or tie it around your hair before plonking the woollen beanie. Silk is naturally hypoallergenic and prevents thinning, knotting and split ends. It also prevents the static in hair.
6. Go for a trim-split ends make all of us wary, go for regular trims during the winter months. Shorter hair is much easier to maintain.
7. Avoid heat styling-ditch the curling irons and straighteners this season. These types of equipment just take out the natural moisture and make the hair prone to damage. Opt for more natural styles.
8. Stay hydrated-the hair consists of about 25% water, so whatever be the season it’s important to stay hydrated throughout the year, especially in winters, when we tend to drink less water. You will get those luscious tresses without any external product application. Concentrate on your diet and incorporate seasonal fruits and nuts with high oil content like almonds, pistachios, and walnuts.