Ah, flabby arms. Somehow it is difficult to believe everybody is beautiful when we see our arm fat flailing around every time, we raise our arms. Honestly, we know we must not be making a big deal out of these things. But it is so hard, and we become so hesitant to wear any kind of cute strapless, sleeveless or spaghetti strapped top with flabby arms. If you have been struggling with arm fat you know getting rid of flabby arms is not all that easy.
Fat, in general, is stubborn but arm fat specifically is the president of that club. It feels like it doesn’t want to leave our arms even though you’ve been cutting down on the desserts or anything else. We get it, we feel your pain. To help you and a million other people who feel this way, we present to you the flabby arm guide – why it accumulates, what changes to make to get rid of it – the whole spiel.
What Causes Arm Flab?
It is quite easy to lose the fight against arm fat and to feel like you’re very alone. But worry not, we all deal with the same kind of problems. The most common reason for flabby arms is the natural process of ageing. With your rate of metabolism diminishing slowly as you grow older, it is important to have a physically active and fit lifestyle. If not, all the excess fat created by your body will be stored in your upper arms.
Testosterone determines where body fat is stored, especially in women. And with the onset of ageing, those levels keep decreasing. This will trigger the storage of additional fat in the arm area. With the decrease in testosterone also comes the diminished probability of getting rid of flabby arms.
Now that you know you don’t really have control over the flab, we hope you stop beating yourself up over it. However, a few diet and lifestyle changes will go a long way in reducing the amount of flab you have. So, the most awaited question – how to get rid of flabby arms? Can we completely get rid of it? No, it is only natural. But you can definitely reduce their appearance, and we’re here to tell you how.
How to Get Rid of Flabby Arms?
Below are some tips to get rid of flabby arms:
1. Diet – Watch What you put in your Body
- Caloric Deficiency: Generally, if you want to lose fat, you need to be in a calorie deficiency. In simple terms, you need to burn more than you eat. As it might not be easy to burn a lot of calories suddenly, take it slow. Try cutting down 500 calories from your diet every day for seven days and you will see a difference by the end of the week. The bottom line is that you need to watch what you eat. Make a note of what all you eat so you can be mindful of your calorie intake and thereby start your journey to get rid of flabby arms.
- Try going sugar-free: We know! This is not the easiest thing to do – sugar is everywhere. What we mean by this is that you need to try cutting down unnecessary sugars from your diet. You do not need sodas, cakes, or cookies to survive. Swap unhealthy sugars for some fruits instead. You need to stop having foods with a high sugar content if you want to get rid of flabby arms. You can start by slowly reducing the amount of sugar in your tea or coffee and go from there. It might seem like a daunting task, but do not give up.
- Protein is the answer: To get rid of flabby arms, you must incorporate added protein into your diet. The main reason for this is that it enhances muscle growth and increases your rate of metabolism. Thereby, more calories are burnt and so will the fat stored in your arms. Furthermore, protein keeps you fuller for longer hours, so you do not indulge in junk food. If you ever get cravings, try stocking up on fruits, greens, and nuts so you could keep yourself away from all the unnecessary fat that comes with unhealthy junk food.
2. Exercises for Flabby Arms
The best kind of exercises for flabby arms requires some weight or resistance. The more pressure you add on your arms, the faster you will see results.
- Standard weightlifting will tone your arms and help you get rid of flabby arms. Take a dumbbell or any heavy book. Raise your arms so they are to both your sides and start moving them up and down continuously for about a minute or for however long it takes for you to feel the burn. Rest for 15 seconds and repeat the process. This will definitely ensure you burn your arm fat.
- Bicep curls are another sure shot method to get rid of flabby arms. Use your weights and lift them by bending your elbows and curling your arms in the direction of your face. Make sure to tuck in your elbows and to hold the curl for a few seconds before releasing. Do a set of 20 curls about 4 or 5 times to see the best possible results.
However, if you do not want to invest in weights and you’d prefer using your body weight, there is some hope for you too.
- Sit down with your back straight. Extend your arms to your sides and raise your forearm perpendicularly. Then, all you need to do is to move it up and down till you feel the burn. It is recommended that you do this exercise for at least a minute at first, and then progressively increase the time to see maximum results. Over time, this will help you get rid of flabby arms.
- Along the same lines of not using weights, another great exercise for flabby arms is to extend your arms and draw big circles with them. Your arms will get heavy and tired as all the fat is being burnt, so do not stop till you feel the burn. Repeat this exercise both clockwise and anti-clockwise.
Other well-known exercises for flabby arms or to get rid of flabby arms are push-ups, side planks, triceps dips, shoulder press with resistance bands, and hammer curls. Your flabby arms might be stubborn, but your dedication should be more stubborn. Hope we’ve answered your question of how to get rid of flabby arms. What are you waiting for? Get to work.
Also read- Reduce Flabby Arms