Yes, anti ageing facial exercises and solutions exist. But sometimes, such products end up harming your skin, especially because they might not suit your skin type. Well then, what is effective and healthy for all skin types? Anti-ageing facial exercises! Yes! These exercises are completely natural and safe, thereby causing absolutely no harm whatsoever to your skin. Be it sensitive skin, oily or dry, these exercises are great regardless. So, let’s take a look at them.
Anti-Ageing Facial Exercises
Here are some of the best facial exercises you should try out to stop your skin from ageing:
1. Anti-Ageing Facial Exercises for Forehead
Why choose botox when you can simply go for a better option of doing facial yoga instead! If you wish to get rid of those pesky horizontal forehead lines, then this exercise is your savior.
- Place both your palms on your forehead.
- Do that in a way that all your fingers are spread out between your eyebrows and hairline.
- Now, apply firm but light pressure and softly sweep your fingers outwards across your forehead. This is for tightening your skin.
- Relax your face and then repeat it around 10 times for the best results.
There is yet another forehead exercise that you could try out as an alternative to the former.
- Make a fist with both your hands. Make sure your fingers are facing towards you.
- Now, place the knuckles of your middle fingers in the middle of your forehead.
- Apply just a little pressure and gently slide your fists to each side of your forehead ending at your temples.
2. Anti-Ageing Facial Exercise for Cheeks
This is one of the best facial exercises for anti-ageing. That’s precisely because it’s really helpful, especially for cheek lines and sagging skin, and is quite simple too.
- Make an ‘O’ shape with your mouth in a way that your teeth are hidden with your lips.
- Now, smile or grin widely while still keeping your teeth hidden. Repeat this 5-6 times.
- Now, hold that smile shape and put your index finger on your chin.
- Then slowly start to move your jaw upwards and downwards as you gently tilt your head back. Relax your face and repeat the whole exercise a couple of times more.
Say goodbye to surgical facelifts and fillers because this exercise is all you need for a natural facelift. Keep practising it regularly, and you’ll see the results for yourself!
3. Anti-Ageing Facial Exercise for Eyes
Eye surgeries are too expensive and even a bit risky. But you know what isn’t? Anti-ageing facial exercises. This single exercise reaps multiple benefits. It tends to help with eye bags, puffiness, and drooping eyelids.
- Press both your middle fingers at the inner corner of your eyebrows.
- Then, apply some pressure to the outer corner of your eyebrows using your index fingers. Repeat this same movement about 5-6 times and when you’re done, just close your eyes for 10-15 seconds.
And voila, you’re good to go!
4. Anti-Ageing Facial Exercise for Lips
Want plump lips naturally without any lip injections and/or fillers? Then try this exercise out.
- Sit down and rest your head on a support.
- Now, pucker your lips tightly and then push forward.
- Hold the pose for about 10 seconds before relaxing, and then repeat this exercise 5-6 times.
5. Anti-Ageing Facial Exercise for Neck
Neck lifts are not only super expensive but time-consuming too. However, a natural neck lift in the form of exercise is neither.
- Start by tilting your neck softly; you’ll feel a stretch in your neck.
- Now, place your fingertips at the bottom of your neck and gently stroke the skin in a downward motion.
- After doing that, bring your head back to the chest and then repeat a couple of times more.
- Now, extend your lower lip as far as possible. This will help to pull the corners of your mouth down.
- With your chin pointed upwards, place your fingertips on your collarbone and hold for at least 4 deep breaths.
And you’re all done! Lines and loose skin on the neck, who?
Benefits of Anti-Ageing Facial Exercises
Anti-ageing facial exercises hold tons of benefits for you. Some of which are:
- These exercises help with the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- They help to release tension in both your neck and your face, thereby relaxing your facial muscles.
- They greatly improve your overall facial structure by firming and tightening your facial skin.
- They help to give a more youthful and radiant glow to your face.
- They increase blood circulation.
- They might also help to boost collagen production to a certain extent.
- They help with headaches and neck pain too. Studies have shown that these exercises help to improve your mental health to some extent too!
- They are highly recommended in recovery plans for people who tend to suffer from facial paralysis.
Do’s and Don’ts
While these anti-ageing yoga facial exercises are perfectly safe and natural, there are some things you should keep in mind:
- Don’t put too much pressure while doing a particular facial exercise. It might end up irritating and/or reddening your skin. Also, make sure you don’t pull your skin aggressively while doing any exercise. That might just end up triggering more wrinkles.
- Consistency is important. You can’t expect to see the results if you do an exercise one day and skip it for the next three. Make sure you do these regularly for promising results.
- For the best possible boost, you could try combining these facial exercises with cardiovascular exercises.
- Avoid using any facial massage tools like rollers or gua sha when doing these exercises. And always wash your hands before beginning with the exercises.
Most importantly, you have to be patient. Unlike surgeries and other such artificial methods, natural techniques tend to take more time to work. So, you have to be patient enough for the effects of these anti-ageing exercises to kick in.