We all are too conscious about our hair and its health. They get damaged from time to time due to dust, chilly winters, and those heat treatments we do for styling. Our hair go through so much so they do need some extra care. There are so many treatments like spas, hair masks and luster treatments that salons are offering these days. To save your money and that visit to the salon, we have got you some easy DIY hair treatments that are going to leave your hair so healthy and soft.
Let’s get to know about easy DIY hair treatments to make your hair soft, smooth, lustrous and healthy:
- Black tea for shiny hair– Just as the way we drink tea to start our day and to bring us back to life, the same tea can help to recharge our hair too. Dust, pollution, and hair styling tools can damage our hair and make them look dull, frizzy and dead. Black tea is the answer to all these problems. All you need to do is brew some black tea in a pot till the water becomes black-brown. Strain off the leaves and let the water get back to room temperature. Wash your hair with this water and later rinse them with normal tap water. This magic potion will leave your hair lustrous and lively. You will get that your back to life.
- Honey, egg and apple cider vinegar mask- If you have dry and parched hair, you just need a nutritious hair mask to make them happy. Take 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar and an egg. Blend them all really well in a bowl. You can adjust the quantity according to your hair’s volume and length. Apply them from roots to length and leave it for 30-40 minutes before washing them off. This is a great professionally approved hair mask and works on all types of hair.
- Coconut oil, sugar, and essential oil mask- If your hair starts to have flakes or dandruff especially when the temperature is getting low, this hair mask will battle it all. Take 2tsp of coconut oil, 4tsp of raw sugar and 5 drops of peppermint oil and 2 drops of tea tree oil. Using a hair coloring brush, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and then apply the mixture on your scalp and massage for 5-10 minutes. Let it sit for about an hour and then wash it all off. This will just disappear those flakes from your hair and will leave them shiny black and super smooth.
- Enrich with bananas- Bananas are rich sources of nutrition and high in potassium. Bananas are not just a rich fruit but are also great for hair and skin. If applied on hair as mask, they cure dry and itchy scalp and also make the hair super smooth and healthy. All you have to do is blend two ripe bananas and add 2 tsp of coconut oil or coconut milk to it and blend it well. Coat the mixture on the hair and let it sit for about good 30 minutes then wash it off. You will instantly feel the difference.
- Egg pack- Eggs are magical when its the health of our body or skin or hair. It is rich in fats, proteins and contains natural moisturizer. You just have to apply egg on your hair according to your hair type. For normal hair use the entire egg, for oily hair use only the egg white. And egg yolk is good for moisturizing dry hair. Blend your egg really well before applying it on clean hair. The number of eggs to be used are in accordance with the length of your hair. Make sure you wash your hair with cold water as hot water will cook the egg in your hair. Its a super easy and very healthy hair mask.
- Lemon and olive oil- For winter dryness and itchy scalp, lemon juice and olive oil is your best friend. Lemon juice makes your scalp healthy and roots tight, olive oil provides extra moisture to it. Mix 2tsp of lemon juice, 2tsp of olive oil and 2tsp of water and apply it on a damp scalp. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then shampoo it off.
- Bounce it back with beer- The beauty beverage beer is great for hair. It has generous supplies of yeast and vitamin B which gives a great bounce to your hair. Mix half a cup of flat beer and let it sit for a couple of hours. Then add sunflower oil or canola oil and a raw egg to it. Apply o clean hair and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Then wash your hair off with cold water. It is great to provide strength and structure to the hair.
- Frizz-free hair with avocados- Avocados are rich in fatty acid, biotin, and Vitamin A and E. they provide great hydration and nutrition to your hair. It’s super easy, just mash half an avocado and massage it into clean damp hair. To level up the moisturizing power, add honey or olive oil or egg yolk into it.
- Coconut oil- Straight from the days of grandmothers, coconut oil has always been the favorite. Coconut oil is the best healer for the hair which gets damaged due to sun or hair styling heat. Simply massage coconut oil from your roots to length and let it sit for about half an hour. This is the simplest of all the remedies that can be followed before every hair wash.
Following any of the above DIYs will help in keeping your hair healthy, smooth and shiny. Before adding any hair mask or treatments to your cart, first, have a look in your kitchen and save yourself some bucks.