You love wearing your PJs, comfy t-shirts and flip-flops. Well, who doesn’t? But there are several occasions when u want to dress up in a manner that dressing works in your favor. In short, you want to dress to impress. Whether it’s a job interview, a first date or a wedding, you want your dressing to be such that it garners you positive attention. You don’t want to look overdressed or underdressed. You make a first impression through your dressing, so it has to be good. Also when you look good, you feel good and perform well. You only need to keep a few things in mind while going out.
- Always be prepared for the unexpected. Ladies, imagine! You are out for a walk, looking messy and you run into your crush. Won’t you regret your look? You should always look your best. I am not saying to get fully dressed every time you step out. But you should look neat and make sure that your outfit is complete.
- Your outfit should reflect your personality. Dress to impress doesn’t mean that you start dressing like someone else.
- You should feel comfortable and confident in your outfit. Don’t wear something just because of its fashion. If you are not confident to carry that dress, don’t wear that. This will help lift your spirit.
- Dress according to the occasion. Say if you are going for a job interview, search beforehand if there is a particular dress code. If there is no dress code, dress according to the nature of the job. If you’re going out for a first date, dress such that if you go on having multiple dates, your dressing should not look entirely different later on.
- Dressing well is not just about putting on the right clothes. Your look should be complete with the right shoes. Invest in a good pair of shoes and always choose shoes according to the outfit, for e.g., wear formal-looking footwear like low comfortable heels with formal dresses.
- Don’t go overboard with accessories. Accessorize well according to the occasion and outfit.
- Your wardrobe should be versatile and should fit your lifestyle. You don’t need to spend a bomb, simply invest in some classics and versatile accessories like scarves and belts.
- It’s always a good idea to try something new beforehand. You will save yourself some last-minute chaos and embarrassment.
- Always choose outfits that flatter your body type and height. For e.g. prefer vertical long striped dresses if you have a shorter height or opt for A-line dresses if you have a pear-shaped body.
- Dress keeping the season in mind.
You don’t have to spend too much to look attractive. Just keep a few things in mind and you are good to go.
Also Read: Fashion Girl's Guide To Flaunt Your Figure