Party shots are inevitable, they are great when you want to get tipsy while enjoying the loud music and delicious food. One of the great party shots is Buttery Nipple. Are your cheeks flaming to order it?
This shot is also commonly called a butterball shot. It is sweet delicious and a dessert cocktail you will want to try again and again. The creamy flavor of Irish cream with butterscotch schnapps is sure to make your mouth all watery. It is very simple to make and the one you’ll want to share with your friends. This is a layered shot and a good drink to practice your layering skills.
Wanna know how to make the delicious and sweet layered Buttery nipple recipe? Continue reading to find out!
About Buttery Nipple Cocktail
The buttery nipple is more like a shot but you shake it as well to make a cocktail. It is a layered shot with a spicy name. This is easy to make and is best for bachelorette/bachelor’s parties or other occasions like valentine’s day or a night with your ladies. You can impress your friends with your layering skills which is pretty easy to do once you try it two or three times. It contains butterscotch schnapps and the bailey’s Irish cream. You can also make it tropical by garnishing it with raspberries.
A buttery nipple shot is great for an after-dinner drink or you can enjoy it on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s Eve. It is pretty versatile.
What does Buttery Nipple Cocktail taste like?
As the name suggests, the buttery or creamy texture of this shot makes it an outstanding dessert drink. Butterscotch which is one of the best candy flavours gives the sweet and smooth flavour and the Irish cream makes the whole drink taste like butterscotch pudding. Don’t worry you won’t have a gag reflex while you gulp this drink.
You can use Bailey’s Irish cream because they are the most used in cocktail shots and are also of good quality. Overall, this drink is smooth and goes down your throat pretty easily. You’ll feel like you are drinking a sweet pudding. Each liqueur in this shot has a specific gravity and floats on top of another. So, the key to savouring all the flavours in one shot is layering.
How strong is a Buttery Nipple Cocktail?
It doesn’t sound an alcoholic drink but is truly an alcoholic drink. You should expect it to be at least 50 proof. It has an alcohol content of 25 percent ABV which makes it about 48-50 proof which is half the strength of a straight tequila shot. You can easily get yourself tipsy with this shot if you take one shot after another. So, try to drink moderately because the sweet flavour and creamy texture will entice your taste buds to take one round after another which can result in a miserable hangover.
Got a hangover? Try these 6 essential oils to fix your wicked hangover
How to Make a Buttery Nipple Shot?
If you are looking for a buttery nipple shot recipe, you are at the right place. This is a layered drink so you need to be careful while preparing this drink if you are a beginner. Slowly, you’ll get used to the steps and preparation. Buttery nipple ingredients are pretty simple and you can find them easily online. You need the following ingredients for making a buttery nipple shot:
- ½ Ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 Ounce Butterscotch Schnapps
- A tall shot glass
How to prepare it:
- To make the first layer, add 1-ounce Butterscotch Schnapps into a chilled shot glass.
- Make the second layer with the ½ ounce Irish cream over the butterscotch schnapps.
- Your shot is ready. Enjoy!
Although, the recipe might seem simple but if you are new to layering it might be a little tough the first time. The layering is the trick.
How to properly layer the shot?
The trick here is to layer the shot correctly so it goes down easily. Remember, the heavier liquid goes on the bottom and lighter on the top. In this recipe, the butterscotch schnapps is heavier so it goes on the bottom of the shot glass.
- To layer, use a bar spoon or a small spoon which fits into the shot glass easily.
- After you have poured the butterscotch schnapps, slowly pour the cream with the help of the back of the spoon over the first layer.
Variations of Buttery Nipple Shot
If you liked the buttery nipple recipe and want to try its flavours in different serving styles and variations, you can try some of the following simple variations:
- You can serve this drink as a dessert cocktail. So, rather than layering the buttery nipple ingredients, go for shaking them in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and strain them into a glass. A classic buttery nipple cocktail is ready!
- You can also serve the shaken version of the buttery nipple with a dessert. It is best served with a strawberry cheesecake or you can try other delicious sweets of your choice.
- You can try a buttery nipple with another flavoured schnapps. You can try peach schnapps and Irish cream liqueur to make this variation or any other schnapps of your choice.
- You can try another recipe with cinnamon schnapps and butterscotch schnapps. Just add ½ ounce each of cinnamon schnapps and butterscotch schnapps into a shot glass. Gently pour ½ ounce Irish cream on the top to make it float. This recipe is often known as a golden butterball.
- Another recipe which is popular by the game Licorice ball’s former name and is similar to the above recipe. Add ⅓ ounce each of Kahlua Coffee liqueur, butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream in a shot glass and serve your drink!
This was all about the sweet, creamy and delicious buttery nipple shot. Do not forget it to try this shot and its variations on your family feasts and other occasions. Drink it moderately to enjoy it to the fullest.