So many of us are addicted to caffeine. After water, tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world. Many of us can not survive without tea and we are proudly called ‘tea lovers’.
Everyone has their own way to consume tea, some like it black, and others like it milky, and some are green tea lovers. But tea is a must.
Black tea is many people’s favourite beverage. It is not just good in taste but offers a variety of health benefits to our body. In this article, you will get to know about all the black tea benefits.
Black tea health benefits
Black tea is full nutrition and hence it is great for our health. Here is how:
- Healthy heart: Black tea promotes heart health. It is rich in flavonoids which is very important for a healthy heart. The research revealed that drinking 3 cups of black tea every day can reduce the risk of coronary heart diseases.
Black tea also effectively reduces myocardial infarction, ischemia, and cardiovascular mortality. So it is important to drink black tea in order to keep the most important organ of your body healthy.
- Antioxidant properties: Black tea helps in removing free radicals and prevents cell damage in the body. Hence, it decreases the risk of chronic diseases. Antioxidants are known to provide a host to health benefits. Black tea is the best source for antioxidants, better than taking supplements for it.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a serious metabolic disorder that must be treated in the early stages or better if prevented. Black tea is very beneficial for type 2 diabetes.
It helps in making the body more insulin sensitive and prevents beta-cell dysfunction. Black tea increases insulin activity by more than 15 folds.
- Blood pressure: Hypertension or high blood pressure is a common problem these days. Black tea is quite the best potion for blood pressure problems. Researches have proved that drinking black tea has a significant effect on decreasing systolic and diastolic blood pressure, compared to the placebo group. Drinking black tea every day has a significant effect on our stress levels as well which will in turn keep our blood pressure in control.
- Improves focus: Black tea has a direct impact on our focus. It contains caffeine and an amino acid called L-theanine which improves alertness and focus. It increases the alpha activity in the brain that relaxes the mind boosts focus levels. Black tea is like an energy drink for many since it charges up the mind and body.
- Bone health: Bones tend to get weak with increasing age. Black tea is very helpful in that field. It restores bone density and is a good substitute for calcium as well. It also reduces the risk of fracture that often happens in the elderly age due to osteoporosis.
- Healthy digestion: Consuming black tea is very healthy for the gut and shields the body from various diseases and disorders. It prevents the growth of harmful bacteria and promotes the growth of good gut bacteria. Black tea also helps to reduce stomach ulcers. Hence, it is super healthy for the digestive system.
- Aids weight loss: Obesity is a common problem these days. Black tea helps to reduce visceral fat by reducing inflammation. Inflammation-induced obesity is a common problem and black tea is the solution to it. Black tea lowers the triglycerides levels too.
Black tea benefits for hair
With so many healthy properties, black tea is great for hair health and beauty too. Here is how:
- Prevents hair fall: Along with so many health benefits drinking black tea is great for the prevention of hair fall too. The antioxidants in black tea play a role here too by scavenging the RORS and reducing stress which is directly related to hair fall issues.
- Promotes hair growth: Rinsing hair with black tea helps in promoting hair growth. All the healthy benefits of black tea are transferred to the scalp hence making it healthy and nutritious. Black tea hair wash is accepted by many dermatologists for hair growth treatment.
- Adds shine and luster: Rinsing hair with black tea makes the dead and lifeless hair alive. Washing hair with black tea after the shampoo makes it softer and shinier. Dull hair will no more be the same if you get into the habit of rinsing your hair with black tea after every wash.
- Organic dye: Black tea acts as a natural dyeing agent for brunettes. Apply black tea along with henna on the hair and keep it for 1-2 hours and you will notice the difference. Some people do not like chemical-based dyes and black tea is the right option for them.
Black tea benefits for skin
Yes, black tea has something for your skin too. Here it is:
- Prevents skin infections: Skin infections are due to microbial colonization. Such infections can be treated with black tea. If you have sensitive skin and catch infection often then you must add black tea in your diet.
- Under-eye puffiness: Puffed eyes are every woman’s issue. It makes you look tired and aged. one of the black tea benefits is, it is the right remedy for under-eye puffiness. Keeping frozen black tea bags under your eyes for 20 minutes will reduce puffiness instantly.
- Protects skin from UV rays: Sun is the major cause of most of our skin issues like skin pigmentation, skin cancer, and skin rash. Drinking black tea reduces the effects of UV rays on our skin and saves us from the damage.
Also, black tea can also be applied on the skin and it can do wonder and will give you healthy and beautiful skin. Tea masks are quite famous among skincare experts.
- Skin regeneration: Our skin has the natural power to heal itself from any damage or bruise. This is called skin regeneration. The pace of skin regeneration varies from person to person.
But drinking black tea fastens the process of regeneration of the skin. It heals any skin damage really fast. Drinking black tea is beneficial but do not apply black tea on any wound or rash on the skin.
Best time to drink black tea
Drinking black tea is super beneficial but when is the right to drink black tea to retain its maximum benefits. Black tea can be consumed anytime in the day but most people prefer to drink their first cup in the morning as they wake.
Black tea charges them up for the day. Black tea should be avoided for about half an hour after every meal. It is fine to drink 2-3 cups of black tea every day if you are not sensitive to caffeine. If you are sensitive to caffeine then drink only one cup in the morning and avoid drinking tea in the evening or before bedtime.
Now you know what amazing black tea benefits are. So what are you waiting for? Go and make yourself a cup of black tea and enjoy it!