Every girl’s nightmares include at least one of the other skin related issues. The first question when you meet a guy is how he will react once he sees your bare face. This thought can be frightening for many girls, especially the ones who love to do makeup. One of the most frequent skin problems is pigmentation. It happens to almost 2 out of 5 girls. But since our technology has outgrown itself, so has the pigmentation treatments.
Skin pigmentation refers to the color of your skin as a result of a specific amount of melanin, a biological substance that gives your skin, hair, and eyes their distinct appearance. Differences in your body's melanin production may cause your skin to darken or lighten. This could be due to a multitude of things, including your genes or skin damage from acne or sun exposure. So how does this happen? Let us find out!
Pigmentation Treatment & Causes Explained
Your skin color is the product of a complex mechanism in which melanocytes, which are special cells located in the outer layer of the epidermis, generate melanin. Melanosomes are organelles (or mini-organs) that reside within these special skin cells. The amount, size, and functionality of these small melanin factories determine the colour of your skin.
Eumelanin and pheomelanin are the two main kinds of melanin:
1. Eumelanin: Eumelanin is a brownish-black substance. It protects your skin by restricting the amount of damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays that can get through and collecting up reactive oxygen radicals, which, if left unchecked, can damage your cells and DNA, potentially leading to chronic health problems such as cancer.
2. Pheomelanin: The colour of pheomelanin, on the other hand, is yellow and red. Unlike eumelanin, pheomelanin offers minimal UV protection and may even encourage the development of reactive oxygen radicals and the resulting damage. The skin colour is determined by the balance of several kinds of melanin in human skin. This varies depending on hormones, interactions with some other cells in your body, the impact of specific genes, and other factors.
3. Genetics: Over 125 genes have been identified as influencing skin colour. Genes, like hormones, are in charge of controlling the melanin manufacturing process. They can affect how much eumelanin or pheomelanin your skin cells produce, as well as how well they endure and perform, resulting in colour changes over time.
Skin Pigmentation Treatments
So now what to do in case of skin pigmentations? A number of skin pigmentation treatments have evolved over time and some of them are more effective than others.
1. In-Clinic Treatments
Medicines including hydroquinone, azelaic acid, arbutin, tretinoin, kojic acid, glycolic acid, lycopene, and other antioxidants are used to treat pigmentation. Chemical peels are also utilised to speed up the healing process. It works by lowering pigment production and eliminating dead skin layers. TCA peels, AHA peels, and tretinoin peels are some of the various peels that are utilised for treatment.
Mesotherapy and MDA are used together to improve the peel's penetration. MDA aids in the exfoliation of the epidermis, while Mesotherapy aids in the penetration of depigmenting chemicals into the dermis. Smooth skin texture, even tone, and reduced face pigmentation are all benefits of the procedure. The Q switching laser can also be used to treat pigmentation that contains cells.
2. Skin Pigmentation Treatment Creams
Skin pigmentation creams are one of the best pigmentation treatments that are available. For a more beautiful you, Amarte Aqua cream delivers beautifully effective skincare. With ActiveExtract arbutin and brightening plant extracts, this Aqua Cream is a retinol-infused hydrating solution that targets hyperpigmentation, dullness, and ageing.
This VI (Vitality Institute) Derm Beauty Skin Lightening Complex is a prescription drug that is clinically created with 4% Hydroquinone and mild retinol. By stopping pigment at its source without causing inflammation, the combo therapy results in even-toned, confident skin.
The Cellular MD Bio-Advanced Skincare High-Impact Serum is a clever topical product that uses barley-derived Growth Factors and Citric Acid to bring the skin back to life. It improves the texture and firmness of the skin while reducing dark spots, pigmentation, and fine wrinkles.
3. Home Remedies for Skin Pigmentation
Face skin pigmentation treatments can be easily treated with home remedies. In some of the cases, home remedies have been proven more useful than the other treatments. These remedies are affordable and convenient. They can be followed up easily.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar serves to lessen melanin deposits and lighten skin discoloration.
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- Cotton balls
- In a bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar and water.
- Dip cotton balls in the solution and apply them to the affected region. Allow two to three minutes for it to dry completely before removing it.
- Remove it with lukewarm water.
- This cure should be repeated twice a day.
Read Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss in 1 week. Is it possible?
2. Aloe Vera
Alloin, found in aloe vera, provides skin-lightening qualities. It also calms the skin and evens up the complexion.
- 2 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a mixing dish, combine the ingredients.
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the mixture to rest.
- It should be applied to the entire affected region. Allow 20-30 minutes for drying.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face.
3. Red Onion
Many commercial skin lightening lotions contain it as an ingredient. Red onion has a lot of power when it comes to whitening the skin's tone and scars. It has the ability to lighten and brighten the skin.
- Slice the onion into thin slices.
- Apply an onion slice to the affected region and rub it in.
- Allow for 10-15 minutes for the onion juice to dry.
- It should be washed in lukewarm water.
- You may also grate the onion, squeeze off the juice, and use it to moisturize your skin.
- Repeat it twice daily.
When it comes to skin discoloration, the orange paste face mask is a fantastic therapeutic option.
- Grate the orange skin and combine it with some drops of milk to produce a paste/gel.
- Let it on for 30 mins, then gently massage it into your skin before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Use this paste to cleanse your face at least three to four times a week.
Any variation in skin tone can be worrisome or alarming. It's natural to feel concerned, ashamed, or frustrated about having to cope with skin damage or a chronic skin condition that causes you to change your look. If you need additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact a healthcare expert or clinician. Remember that you're not alone, pigmentation treatments can help you a lot and you can deal by seeking help from others who have had similar experiences.
Also read: Hyperpigmentation: Causes And Treatment