You might not want to wear your favorite sleeveless dress if you have flabby arms. Because of this, working out should be your top priority if you want toned arms. There are, thankfully, exercises that work the biceps that are good for women. Contrary to what most people think, working out your biceps doesn't make your arms look more manly, and it's not just men who can do it. Testosterone is an important part of building muscle because it encourages the production of more protein in the muscles. Women don't make nearly as much testosterone as men do, so they can't build up their muscles to the same level as men. In this post, we've put together a list of the best bicep exercises for women to get healthy and tone their arms, along with step-by-step instructions on how to do each correctly.
Best Bicep Exercises For Women
1. Hammer Curl
It's a bicep curl variation but with a hammer grip instead of a barbell. This is one of the best bicep exercises for women. Follow these steps with a 5-pound dumbbell.
- Make an upright, hip-width stand.
- Hold on to the weights. Keep your elbows tucked in, with the palms facing your body.
- Don't move your shoulders or arms above your head. As you exhale, bend your elbows so that your palms are at shoulder height with your shoulders.
- Let your forearms fall to the ground, then slowly raise them.
- A total of nine repetitions (1 set – 10 reps).
- Continue with two more sets after a 1-minute rest.
2. Preacher Bicep Curls
Work your brachialis muscle with preacher curls on your upper arms. You can use a barbell or a dumbbell for these best bicep exercises for women, which you can perform while standing or sitting. If you want to avoid using your shoulders while raising your forearm, you'll need the assistance of a preacher bench. This comes under bicep dumbbell exercises for women. Prepare yourself with a 5-pound dumbbell, if possible. Here is the correct way to complete this exercise.
- Sit on a preacher's bench with your legs shoulder-width apart and back straight, comfortably. Support your shoulders by resting your right upper arm on the padded incline.
- The palms of your hands should be facing up.
- Slowly straighten your elbow as you exhale, bringing the palm toward the body until the forearm is upright.
- As you slowly drop your arm back to its starting position, take a deep breath.
- A total of nine repetitions (1 set – 10 reps).
- Do two extra sets with your right arm after taking a one-minute break.
- It's time to switch arms.
3. Squat Concentration Curls
While squatting, you must perform squat concentration curls, as the name suggests. Exercises biceps, inner thighs, and hamstrings at the same time for maximum results. It is among the best bicep exercises for women at home. What you should do is as follows:
- Straighten your spine and place your palms inwards while standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your elbows close to your torso while holding two 2-pound dumbbells in each hand.
- Squat until your thighs are aligned with the ground while exhaling fully.
- Make sure you flex your elbows and force them towards your inner thighs while doing the above step. You can raise your hands to your shoulders.
- For 10-15 seconds, keep your body in this position.
- Repeat this four times more (1 set – 5 reps).
- Do one more set after a one-minute pause.
Relatable Read: Exercises For Those Sexy Broad Shoulders
4. Bicep Curls
When most people believe in a curl, they envision this biceps workout. You can perform these best bicep exercises for women at home as well. Follow the instructions given below to perform this well.
- As you stand tall, keep your feet exactly shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Using an underhand grip, hold two dumbbells in each hand.
- Take a wide stance with your arms out in front of you. Exert your upper body by curling the weights up to your shoulders while maintaining an aligned elbow position.
- Top of curl: Squeezing in your biceps can help you build muscle. Straighten your arms to their fullest extent by doing so slowly and deliberately.
5. W Curls
This bicep workout is called the "W Curl" because of the shape your arms make when you do it. It is among the best bicep exercises for women.
- To begin the W Curl, put your arms out to your sides and grab them with your under hands.
- The palms of your hands should face outward, and the backs of your hands should be against your sides.
- Bring your arms to a 45-degree angle above your head. When your arms are in a W shape, slowly bring them back to where you started.
6. Frogger With Biceps Curl
- Get into a plank position with a dumbbell in each hand. Your arms should be outstretched and below your shoulders.
- Jump forward until your feet are next to the dumbbells. Use your core to keep your body steady.
- Get down on your knees and put your elbows inside your inner thighs. Bend your elbows slowly and bring the weights up to your shoulders.
- Lower yourself back to the ground and jump back to where you started. One repetition.
7. Dumbbell Side Raise
Side raises with dumbbells are a fun way to work out the front and middle deltoids. These include the muscles that start at the top of your upper arm and go down to your collar bone. This exercise will tone the top of one's biceps and make you look great in a halter-neck top. It is among the best bicep dumbbell exercises for women. Here's the right way to do it.
- Straighten up and put your feet about hip-width apart. Don't hold your knees too straight.
- Hold dumbbells that weigh 5 pounds or more in each hand, palms facing your body.
- Keep your chest up and your shoulders back.
- Now, lift both hands horizontally without bending your elbows until your arms are at the same height as your shoulders.
- Hold for a second, and then slowly lower your arms as you breathe in.
- It should be done nine times (1 set – 10 reps).
- Take a one-minute break and do two more sets.
Check Out: Best Leg Exercises With Dumbbells
In addition to these best bicep exercises for women, you should also eat well and work out often if you want to lose weight. If you don't lose fat and build muscle, your arms will get bigger and make you look more masculine. So, you should watch what you eat, avoid the junk, processed, and high-sugar foods, and get some kind of exercise every day.
Also Read: 4 Squats Exercises Summer Thighs