You must have heard about the many benefits of eggs for hair, skin, and health. It is rich in protein, Vitamin D, Selenium, and minerals like iron, copper, and zinc. It is often advised to consume eggs to have a balanced diet and for healthy weight management.
Apart from this, did you know that along with these amazing health benefits of eggs, they are equally good for your skin and even your hair?
We usually find eggs in our homes ready to use in a savoury dish. Now, you can whip them up and prepare these masks for your hair and skin to fix many of your skin and hair-related problems. We have done all the work for you and prepared a list of all the hair masks you need to make for various hair and skin problems.
Benefits of Eggs for Hair
Eggs are not just the power storehouse of protein for your body internally, but they also contain a lot of beauty benefits of eggs for hair. If you wonder what makes eggs so versatile in all areas? It is because eggs are rich in vitamins, biotin, and folic. Both egg whites and egg yolk contain all these benefits, and you can solve all your hair problems just by using this little thing.
Though the smell of eggs is a concern for many, once you get over that or learn to ignore it, you will have shiny and voluminous hair, which will be worth all the struggle.
Benefits of Eggs for Hair can Help You in the Following Ways:
- It naturally conditions your hair
- Fix up the protein deficiency in your hair
- Encourages hair growth
- Helps to tame the nasty Frizz
- Adds shine and lustre to your hair
- Promote a healthy scalp
- Helps with the greys
All these in one ingredient seem like a fair deal. You can use the DIY hair mask recipes below using eggs to achieve all these benefits of eggs for hair.
1. Eggs and Banana Hair Mask
If you have a major problem with the smell of eggs on your hair or around you. Then you can use this simple DIY hair mask that is not that smelly and give your hair the shine it is missing.
To prepare this mask, you need the following:
- Peel and mash a whole banana in a bowl. You can also put it in the blender if you want a runny paste.
- After this, mix an egg in the bowl directly and give it a good stir.
- Once both ingredients are combined well, you can apply them all over your scalp and the lengths of your hair.
- Leave it on your hair for 30 mins, then wash it using your regular shampoo.
Note: You do not have to use a conditioner, as an egg naturally conditions your hair.
2. Eggs with Honey and Milk Hair Mask
This hair mask will leave your hair feeling extremely strong and lustrous. Use it regularly to see a noticeable difference in the length and quality of your hair.
For this mask, you would need the following ingredients
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- Break an egg into a bowl and then add Honey and milk. You can alter the quantity depending on the length of your hair.
- Keep it on your hair for 20-30 minutes, then wash it with shampoo and no conditioner.
- After washing, don’t use a blow dryer; instead, let your hair air dry for better results.
3. Benefits of Eggs for Skin
If you are impressed by the various benefits of eggs for hair, you should prepare to learn a few more for your skin. This very talented ingredient gives your hair natural conditioning and shine and makes your skin glow.
An egg can be a good solution to your skin problems, whether drying or oil. In case you have dry skin, then the Yolk part, which is rich in fatty acid, can help provide the required hydration to your dry and dull skin. On the other hand, if you have problems with oily skin or acne, then the protein-rich egg whites can help control the excess oil.
4. Eggs with Honey Mask
This combination is not only good for your hair but also your skin. Especially if you have dry skin, this quick mask is the right solution for you.
- Separate the egg white and yolk part. We only need the whites, so you can use the yolk for another DIY mask.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey to this and stir it until combined.
- Apply this paste all over your face using a brush or your finger.
- Wash your face after 15-20 minutes with cold water. This will leave your skin feeling strong and hydrated.
5. Lemon with Egg Whites
If you struggle with large or open pores, this mask solves your problem.
- Separate the egg white and then whisk it using a spoon.
- To this, add half a lemon juice.
- Apply this mask to the areas you think you have open pores.
- Leave it on for a few minutes until completely dry, then wash your face with water.
6. Eggs and Yogurt Mask
If you want glowing and healthy-looking skin, you need to try this mask for an instant result.
- To prepare this mask, add one whole egg into a bowl and whisk it.
- To this, add a teaspoon of fresh yogurt and mix them.
- Apply it all over your face and neck.
- After 20 minutes, wash your face with cool water for glowing skin.
Now that you know all the beauty benefits of eggs for hair and skin, you can prepare any of these DIY masks and have a pampering session for yourself and then later enjoy the glowing skin and shiny hair that you desire and deserve.