Growing old is something that you can’t escape. Old age comes with many changes in your body and getting face wrinkles is one of them. However one can also get wrinkles before time. As in due to long working hours, stress, changing lifestyles, exposure to the sun, rapid muscle movements one can get wrinkles much before their age.
One has to be really cautious about their looks especially in the entertainment industry. yes, someone has rightly said that we should embrace our true selves but there is no harm in trying certain cosmetics or surgeries if that makes you feel happy and empowered.
Just keep in mind that you are not experimenting too much with your body and keep it in good health. Wrinkle fillers are one such cosmetics people are afraid of using. Wrinkle fillers are mostly used by women on their faces.
That’s; why most wrinkle fillers are for face and known as face wrinkle fillers. And everyone is quite sceptical about using it. Don’t worry! This article will guide you about-face wrinkle fillers, how do they work, are fillers dangerous, etc.
What are Face Wrinkle Fillers and How do Wrinkle Fillers Work?
Face wrinkle filler is injections that are injected on your skin especially face to give you fuller looks. To be more precise and clear, injectable wrinkle fillers are gel-like substances injected inside our skin to change its appearances.
With time your skin also starts to grow weak and saggy. This is due to less quantity of fat and protein in the skin layer. These injectable face wrinkle fillers don’t completely fill the void for fat and protein but they can definitely help you to look in the desired way.
According to the researchers, over 1 million people get these face wrinkle fillers every year in America. face wrinkle fillers are not only used for wrinkles but also as the volumizers to add volume to your face, jawline, temples, thin lips, and hands. Mostly every session of face wrinkle filler takes 10-20 minutes. It can vary on the type of filler used.
face wrinkle filler is mainly used for the face as it is the most evident part where wrinkles are visible. Thus, there are mostly face fillers that come in different types and sizes.
Mostly face wrinkle filler are used in:
- Under-eye area
- Around our lips to get them in alignment
- Cheeks to give you more fuller and voluminous cheeks
In short, face wrinkle filler gives you smoother, structured, plumper, and voluminous skin. Different types of skin fillers for wrinkles Depending on the usage and purposes there are different categories for face wrinkle filler. They all work differently depending on their type.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA): It is a hydrating pigment found in our skin naturally. It is the most popular among face wrinkle fillers and used widely. This pigment keeps your skin hydrated and plump. They usually last six to twelve months until they fully get naturally absorbed by the body. Some of the most common branded Hyaluronic Acids are Juvéderm products, Hylaform, Belotero Balance, and Elevenses.
- Poly-L-lactic Acid: The main purpose of Poly-L-lactic Acid to rebuild the lost collagen of your skin. They are biocompatible products which means they are safe for use and are biodegradable. It is a synthetic product that smoothened fine lines on our skin. Also, it is more expensive than Hyaluronic Acid (HA). Sculptra Aesthetic is the most common brand for this acid.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA): As the name suggests it has calcium in a microscopic form which makes it in a smooth gel. CaHA is also naturally found in our bodies, mostly in bones. It is known for stimulating collagen in our skin naturally and works longer than Hyaluronic Acid (HA). It is mostly used for deeper wrinkles and fine lines. Radiesse is one of the most common brands for this acid.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA): This is also a biocompatible, synthetic product used for providing support and structure to our skin. It also stimulates collagen in our skin.it is used as a microsphere (tiny ball). It requires much more long term treatment than the above of the face wrinkle filler. Bellafill, formerly known as Artefill, is the most common brand for this filler.
- Facial Fat Grafting or Autologous fat injections: These injections contain the fat of the person. Basically, in this process surgeons take fat from some part of your body and injects it to your face to give it a fuller effect. This is the only process that needs surgery. It works like the process of liposuction.
Results of all these face wrinkle fillers are temporary and one had to get them injected again and again to maintain the look.
Common Side Effects of the Wrinkle Fillers
Since all these face wrinkle fillers are not natural and synthetic they’re bound to have certain side effects. Patients are advised to avoid exposed heat and sunlight till 24 hours of their season. However, in most cases, these side effects are minimal and quite easy to manage. However, some of them can really be problematic and might need further treatment and medical help.
- Allergic reaction
- Pain or tenderness
- Blurred vision in very rare cases blindness
- Lumps (granules or nodules)
- Clumping in the filler material
Things to remember
Getting face wrinkle filler is nothing less than experimenting with your skin. Thus, it is crucial to keep certain things in mind before getting into it.
- It is very important to seek good and professional cosmetologists only.
- Don’t try to buy these flyers online or some random shops and try to inject yourself. Seek professional medical help only.
- Make sure you only use FDA approved face wrinkle filler and not just any brand.
- Know your skin first. Ask your dermatologist and take their assistance before going for any such treatment. Be sure it suits your skin and doesn’t have any long term side effects.
- In case of excessive side effects ask your doctor. Do not try anything just like that it may have underlying effects.
- Follow your cosmetologists religiously.
Always remember it is always wise to know about anything before trying it.
Be young, be wise!
Also Read: Say Bye-Bye To Wrinkles And Fine Lines