Because of our hectic lifestyles and poor habits, most of us often feel the constant need to check up on our body condition. However, with the adequate gadget, monitoring basic health check-ups becomes more handy.
The most common check-up that we need more repeatedly is blood pressure. In addition to the gadgets which evaluate blood pressure, various apps for monitoring blood pressure have been introduced as well.
Post-pandemic, people have become conscious of their health and for that, they are eager to learn more about electronic gadgets and how they can help in monitoring their health status regularly.
Can Blood Pressure Cause Other Severe Health Conditions?
Elevated blood pressure also known as hypertension is a condition where the force of blood against the wall of arteries rises unexpectedly. This puts extra strain on the blood vessels and heart. If the blood pressure is constantly high then it may lead to some serious health problems such as stroke or kidney failure.
Hypertension is of two particular types, primary hypertension, and secondary hypertension. Primary hypertension is quite common among people these days. However, the cause behind primary hypertension is still unidentified.
Whereas, secondary hypertension is usually caused by any underlying disease such as hormonal imbalance or kidney-related diseases. To monitor the level of blood pressure, a blood pressure checker is a must!
Some serious health conditions caused by hypertension are listed below. You may go through them to understand the fatal nature of the disease.
1. Cardiovascular diseases: it has been observed that people who have been suffering from secondary hypertension are likely to get strokes or even heart attacks. Secondary hypertension causes atherosclerosis build-up (fatty deposit) that is likely to narrow arteries which makes it difficult for the blood flow to reach the heart. This condition is the cause behind such fatal diseases like heart attacks and strokes.
2. Loss of vision: sometimes hypertension affects the blood vessels of the eye and that results in vision-related issues to the patient. To avoid this, people can use some apps for monitoring blood pressure so that they can figure out any possible health hazard coming their way.
3. Kidney-related issues: people who suffer from hypertension frequently complain about kidney-related issues as well. This is because hypertension can cause severe damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys. This damage results in decreased kidney function as well as a high chance of kidney disease.
Why Do We Need to Monitor Blood Pressure Regularly?
According to the reports of the American Heart Association released in the year 2018, there was a sudden hike in the percentage of people who were suffering from blood pressure. They uncovered some harsh truths related to the damage caused by blood pressure.
However, then people believed that using apps for monitoring blood pressure was a good idea. Abruptly many people also realized that there are many other health-related issues as well that may throw off early symptoms such as fluctuating blood pressure.
People were now vigilant toward their health hence they started looking for machines
like a blood pressure tracker to figure out the exact behavior of their blood pressure. Even in recent times, the healthcare industry achieved newer heights in delivering some exceptional services to people.
Various healthcare institutes also started acknowledging how important it is to maintain a record of blood pressure and whenever you notice any changes, never fail to contact the doctor immediately.
What Are The Best Apps to Monitor Blood Pressure?
While looking at the health problems caused by blood pressure, we can say that it is very crucial to monitor blood pressure to ensure any underlying health condition. The best possible way is to rely on apps for monitoring blood pressure. This will help you understand the behavior and pattern of the blood pressure. Not only blood pressure, but these apps also provide additional information related to your body.
Here is a list of a few apps that will help you in monitoring the blood pressure of your body regularly.
1. Blood Pressure Diary
This app works on all Android devices and it is a free blood pressure app. As the name suggests, this app is like a health diary that maintains a log of your blood pressure. You can input the data based on the diastolic range, systolic range, pulse rate, and so on. After keeping a reliable log, you will be able to monitor any changes occurring over time.
AVAX is one of those apps for monitoring blood pressure that is capable of managing so many tasks efficiently alongside offering several interesting features. You can see BP charts and statistics to confirm how many days you have successfully tracked your blood pressure records.
Moreover, the AVAX app can also track weight, sugar levels, and insulin intake. Keeping an eye on your weight is also crucial as weight and blood pressure are often interlinked. According to some sources, obesity can also cause hypertension in people.
3. Blood Pressure Tracker
The blood pressure tracker app has a user-friendly interface that makes it easier to operate. The only purpose of the app is to keep track of all the blood pressure records of its user. It provided a pie chart consisting of relevant information on the user's blood pressure measurements.
Those who wish to see a doctor for consulting their blood pressure stats can do so from the app only. They just need to upgrade their plan.
4. BP Journal
Always keep your blood pressure records up to date so that you can maintain coordination between your doctor and your current health status. Here comes the use of apps for monitoring blood pressure. One similar app is BP Journal.
It helps in maintaining the journal consisting of the data of its user's blood pressure. Users can also take out a print or send a copy of the journal via e-mail to the doctor.
5. BP Watch
You should always keep a proper record of your blood pressure measurement so that it will be easier to cooperate with the doctors. This can also help in determining the effectiveness of the medicines. So the real task here is to remember that we have to update the data on this app.
Here comes the role of the BP watch which is like a reminder that can remind you to update the data on the app. You can also add multiple reminders for multiple profiles so that you can keep your family and spouse's health stats updated.
Do These Apps for Monitoring Blood Pressure?
A big no! Without any proper equipment, nobody can find an accurate reading of blood pressure. Such apps are only meant for maintaining a record of the data of your health including the blood pressure details.
However, there are some apps available in the market that claim to provide an accurate report of your blood pressure but you should not trust them blindly. These apps only have limited access and hence, they can only use limited mediums such as fingerprint sensors to evaluate their results.
These results do not have any accuracy and even certified doctors also believe that such reports are of no use. Whenever you feel that you might need a blood pressure check-up, always visit a nearby doctor's clinic or use dedicated equipment under an expert's supervision.
After that, you can update the information on apps for monitoring blood pressure and keeping a fair record of it.
How Can We Balance the Blood Pressure?
Diseases caused by blood pressure can be severe as well as mild. It depends upon the reason why the abnormality in blood pressure occurred in the first place.
Once the doctor discovers the actual reason behind the blood pressure problem, it is time to think of the solutions to deal with it.
Here are a few possible alternatives which you can follow while maintaining balanced blood pressure.
1. Healthy diet: as suggested by doctors as well as various apps for monitoring blood pressure, it is very important to maintain a good and healthy diet that consists of vitamins, minerals, fibers, etc.
2. Exercise regularly: regular exercise like brisk walking, swimming, yoga, and running can really help in decreasing blood pressure and maintaining overall health. However, if someone is overweight and also suffers from high blood pressure then it is very important to include some exercise in their daily routine. It will help them in both ways (managing blood pressure as well as losing weight).
3. Decreasing the intake of sodium: those who suffer from high blood pressure should decrease their daily sodium intake. According to some apps, a person should limit their sodium intake to 2,300 milligrams per day.
4. Limited alcohol consumption: consuming too much alcohol will result in so many health-related issues including high blood pressure. Numerous cases prove that overconsumption of alcohol can adversely affect the kidneys and lungs. This might also cause hypertension in people.
5. Do not smoke: smoking cigarettes can not only harm the lungs but can also cause severe damage to the blood vessels of the human body. This damage to blood vessels will further cause an increase in blood pressure.
6. Stress management: if you are taking too much stress due to any reason, then there are chances that you might increase your blood pressure. Various apps for monitoring blood pressure also suggest that people should not take much stress as it may result in hypertension and so many other diseases. Even if you are having trouble managing your stress still you should not let go of the situation as it will harm your physical health as well. Meet your doctor and find ways to manage your stress.
7. Take medical help: if you are not able to control your blood pressure level then it is advisable to see a doctor and take medicines. Some doctors might suggest some supplements as well alongside the medicines. Ensure that you take them regularly and on time so that you can easily manage your blood pressure level.
Maintaining a good lifestyle is a sign of self-awareness. Hence, everyone should take regular health check-ups and maintain their records. Those who suffer from unusual blood pressure can also seek help from various apps for monitoring blood pressure.
However, it is also important to know that these apps are only for keeping records and monitoring them. They do not provide any accuracy of the actual level of blood pressure of a human being.