Ah, the thigh gap! All of us have desires for the perfect thigh gap and dream about flaunting it with a positive attitude. Some ladies are lucky enough to have a thigh gap without any workout. For the rest of us, we have to bust our asses off to achieve the thigh gap. But, the reality is, we seldom get enough time to work out to achieve it. Plus, some of us are just too lazy to follow a time-consuming workout routine.
The good news is, I found the best inner thigh workout routine which takes only five to ten minutes of your time. It is pretty effective only if you do it daily. Always keep in mind to do a warm-up before any workout. Warm-up simply prepares your body for exercises with a gradual increase in your heart rate and blood circulation.
5 Minutes Inner Thigh Workout
In this inner thigh workout routine, you have to perform six different forms of exercise. You have to do each exercise for 40 seconds with a 5-second gap before the next exercise.
1. Plie Squats
Pile squats inner thigh workout
- Keep your legs wide apart.
- You have to bend your knees slightly like in the regular squats.
- As you bend, lift your left heel so that you stay on your left toes. But your right foot stays flat on the ground. Repeat this alternatively between both your left and right heels.
- Lower your buttocks as you bend down and keep your chest and back straight.
- Continue this movement up and down for 40 seconds.
2. Lateral Lunge
- Stand straight with your legs wide apart
- Squat towards your right side at a 90-degree angle with your hands pressed on your right knee.
- In the meantime, keep your other leg straight out.
- Keep your back straight.
- Rise to the normal position and do the same on the other side.
- Repeat this for the next 40 seconds.
3. Standing Side Leg Raise
- Join your hands in front of you.
- Stand up straight with your toes facing towards the front.
- As you breathe in, lift your right leg sideways and shift your body weight on the other leg.
- Stand straight throughout the movements.
- As you breathe out, bring your right leg down.
- Continue this movement up and down on one side for 40 seconds.
- Repeat the same for the other side for another 40 seconds.
Also Read: 10 Best Exercise For Thighs
4. Supine Side Leg Raise
- You have to lie down on your right side.
- Remember to keep your body straight, aligned with your legs and your feet should be kept one above another.
- Keep your right arm on the floor and bend your elbow to support your head with your right hand.
- While doing so, keep your left hand in front of you for support.
- As you breathe out, raise your left leg.
- As you breathe in, lower down your leg.
- Continue this for 40 seconds.
- Repeat this on the other side as well for the next 40 seconds.
5. Butterfly Stretch
- Sit up with your back straight.
- Bend your knees and bring your legs together so that your feet touch.
- Keep your hands on your feet holding them.
- Flap your bent legs up and down like butterfly wings.
- Breath in and out normally throughout the exercise.
6. Squat Jumps
Squat jump inner thigh workout
- Stand with your feet apart and your toes slightly facing outwards.
- Squat down concentrating your body weight on your heels.
- Keep your chest up and your back straight.
- On bending low, put pressure around your butt muscles and jump up straight with your pelvis forward. While you jump up, push up with your toes.
- As you hit back on the ground, continue with the next squat to bend down and then again rise.
- Continue this exercise just like the others for 40 seconds.
So there are six simple inner thigh exercises that, I think, you will love and will help you achieve the thigh gap of your dreams. Keep the timing of the exercise in mind and take a rest in between the exercises. But having too much gap between exercises is not recommended. If you take longer gaps, your workout routine will not be too effective. You can also perform each exercise 10 times at one go in 3 sets. Whichever is easier for you, go for that.
Another important factor to note along with the workout, a proper and healthy diet is a must. Drink plenty of water as well to stay hydrated. If you feel dehydrated during the workout, take a few sips of water and continue.
Staying hydrated during any workout is very important. However, after completing the routine, drinking too much water immediately is not recommended. For proper guidance, approach a well-experienced fitness trainer. Seeking guidance from the pros is of utmost importance.
Have some fun and do your inner thigh workout routine. Don’t think of the routine as a burden. Rather, think of it as a fun thing to do. Put on some upbeat music and work out. You will get results!!
Also Read: 8 Best Exercises For Inner Thighs