Having curly hair involves a lot of care. It no doubt looks the best when you take proper care of it but to get the perfect curls and to make them stay is a real task. People with curly hair complain of their hair getting dry and frizzy which usually forces you to tie them back. That is not fair to them, absolutely not!!
If you have curly hair and face the same issue then you should know that using conditioners can be the perfect solution. While all these conditioners work well there is always the looming threat of using chemicals and damaging your hair further.
So you would be needing a more safe and effective alternative. Homemade conditioners can be that for you. This might sound impossible but there are a lot of ways you can make a homemade conditioner for curly hair and the results are always great. If you have been a fan of using natural things then you’d want to try them out.
There are a lot of benefits of using homemade conditioners and first out of all is that you won’t have to worry about any possible damage to your hair and scalp in the long run. Apart from this homemade conditioners provide hydration to your hair and prevent it from drying. It also helps increase elasticity and makes them shinier and healthy. Here are a few options for natural homemade conditioners.
DIY Homemade Conditioner For Curly Hair
1. Honey and Coconut Milk Hair Conditioner
If you want super soft and smooth hair then you should try this conditioner where honey is known for its ability to moisturize and soften your hair while on the other hand coconut milk helps to strengthen the roots. To prepare this hair conditioner you should:
- Take about 1 cup of coconut milk, you can adjust the quantity according to your hair length. To this add 4 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix the two until they are well combined and form a smooth paste.
- Shampoo your hair like you normally do and after that make sure to get rid of most of the water and then apply this homemade conditioner to your hair.
- Apply this to the lengths of your hair and leave it there for about 10 minutes.
- After this wash your hair with cool water and let your hair air dry.
2. Egg and Castor Oil Hair Conditioner
Castor oil and Egg are like an amazing combination if you have problems with hair fall and damage. Castor oil helps to boost hair growth and prevent it from breaking. Egg on the other hair helps to nourish the hair and make it smooth and soft. This is very easy to prepare and you would be able to see the results from first use. To DIY this conditioner you should:
- Take 1 egg in a bowl and mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil into it.
- Mix the two till they are well mixed.
- You are supposed to use this conditioner before you get into the shower that is in your dry hair.
- Apply this on your hair and leave it on for an hour.
- Wash with shampoo and use cold water for best results.
3. Banana and Milk Hair Conditioner
Bananas are one of the best products for your hair. It has a lot of vitamins and natural oils that naturally moisturize your hair and provide them with the elasticity that is the major concern for curly hair. It helps to bring back the shine and prevent them from breaking from the roots. Mixing milk and banana acts as a perfect natural conditioner for curly hair. To prepare this conditioner you need to:
- Start by mashing one banana and adding 3 tablespoons of milk to it.
- Mix them till you have a smooth paste.
- Apply this mix to your hair focusing on the roots and then bring it down to the lengths.
- Leave it on your hair for half of an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo and then let it dry naturally.
4. Aloe Vera
This simple ingredient can single-handedly do wonders for you. It is not just great when you consume it but also for your skin and hair. You can use aloe Vera for your hair as masks and even as a conditioner.
It is great for curly hair as it helps make your curls super soft, smooth, reduces split ends and frizz. You can either apply them directly to your hair as a leave-in conditioner or mix and prepare this conditioner with some almond oil.
- Mix two tablespoons of aloe Vera gel and one tablespoon of almond oil in a bowl and mix them.
- Apply this mixture to your hair after your shampoo and leave them on for about 20 minutes.
- After this while, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
5. Curd and Lemon Hair Conditioner
You must have already heard praise of curd for your hair. When you have curly hair you want them to look bouncy and soft always and you certainly don’t want them tangled up. So you need them to be moisturized a lot. Curd and lemon are some of the best combinations for this. They both work great. Curd provides moisture and hydration for your hair and lemon helps strengthen them. To prepare this you need to:
- Add 1 tablespoon of curd and add half of a lemon’s juice to it.
- Mix the two ingredients and apply them all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave this on your hair for 20-25 minutes and then wash your hair with shampoo and lukewarm water.
Having Curly hair might be a lot of responsibility but they are something that most people envy because of how gorgeous they look all the time. You can now make them soft and bouncy just like you want with these amazing homemade conditioners that are easy to make but so effective and gentle on your hair. So what are you waiting for, go try them out?
Also read- Organic Leave-in Conditioners