Those who are familiar with cream soda know that the major flavouring substance in it is vanilla. It’s a sweet, carbonated drink, with vanilla flavouring, ranging from clear to reddish-brown color spectrum. It’s the vanilla that gives cream soda its “creaminess”. Cream soda cocktails are smooth, and creamy, and will have you licking your lips in delight. However, cream soda is not made in the same manner everywhere.
In Canada, Crush makes the most popular cream soda and it’s not really vanilla flavoured, like American cream soda. It’s extremely sweet and resembles cotton candy in flavor. Frescolita, the Venezuelan cream soda is bubble-gum flavoured. Scarlett from South Africa is neon-green in color and floral.
Bottom-line is, different cream sodas are available around the world but you can always make your own according to your taste. That said, cream soda is a popular ingredient in cocktails, and cream soda cocktails are widely consumed when craving something sweet but spirited.
Vodka and whiskey are popular choices to combine with cream soda. It gives a smoothness to vodka cocktails and the vanilla in the soda augments the oak and vanilla in bourbon. Other combinations include wine, root beer, rum, and others, with simple cream soda cocktail recipes. Try them out now!
Cream Soda Cocktails
So, here are a few cream soda mixed drinks and cocktails with simple recipes that you won’t regret trying:
1. Dark Cherry Cream Soda Cocktail
This delicious, sweet beverage with a sublime punch of cherries is suitable for the holidays. It’s really easy to prepare and the bright, blood-red color gives it a ravishing appearance that will leave you spellbound.
The dark cherry juice blends with the cream soda, giving it a sweet and sour flavor. It’s a relatively lighter cocktail, making it apt for any occasion, at any time of the day.
- Cream Soda
- Dark Cherry Juice
- Good Quality Vodka
- Fresh Cherries
- In a rocks glass, add plenty of ice.
- Pour the dark cherry juice into the glass.
- Pour the best quality vodka for a much smoother drink recipe. Vanilla-flavored vodka can be used for a more ice-cream float flavor.
- Garnish the cream soda mixed drink with cherries.
If you’re a Harry Potter fanatic, this is one cream soda cocktail that’s bound to catch your attention. Well, we have good news. Preparing this delicacy takes barely five minutes and you no longer have to visit Hogsmeade to get it! You can simply make it at home and enjoy it with your friends, transporting you into the magical, wizarding world. You can also try this beautiful and vibrant color purple rain cocktail which will refresh your mind.
- 2 tablespoons of butterscotch sauce
- 1 teaspoon of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dark rum (adjustable to taste)
- 355ml cream soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla ice cream
- Add butterscotch sauce to a beer mug. If the sauce is frozen then use boiling water to dissolve the butterscotch.
- Add the rum and mix it with the butterscotch sauce by stirring well.
- Pour the soda into the mixture and give it a quick stir. Don’t stir too much or the drink will lose its carbonation.
- Add the ice cream on top and stir briefly until a layer of foam forms.
- Serve freshly made.
3. Fireball Swamp Fireball Cocktail
This fiery cinnamon whiskey cocktail features fireball candy and smooth cream soda for the murky, swampy touch to it. It also adds sweetness, in addition to the Licor 43 used in the drink. Try out this easy-to-prepare, delicious cream soda cocktail on a rainy, winter day to soothe your senses, in tandem with the weather. It takes 5 minutes to prepare and will leave you wanting more.
- 45ml Fireball whiskey (or similar cinnamon whiskey)
- 15ml Licor 43
- Cream soda (adjustable to taste)
- 1-2 atomic fireball candies
- Crushed ice
- In a small glass filled with ice, add fireball whiskey and Licor 43. Stir the mix until chilled.
- Top the mix with cream soda.
- Garnish the drink with Fireball candy. (make sure you don’t swallow the candy; once it starts to dissolve, it’ll turn the cocktail red, so crunch it or let it dissolve in your mouth)
4. Blue Lagoon Cocktail
This scintillating blue drink is hard to miss at beach parties. This delicious, citrusy cocktail is perfect for the summer months and is curated for explorers and experimenters. A tropical cream soda cocktail like the Mai Tais, it’ll make your Hawaiian-themed parties engraved in memory.
- 2 oz. Blue Curacao liquor
- 4 oz. cream soda
- Cherries and pineapple slices
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour cream soda over it.
- Top it with Blue Curacao and garnish it with cherries and pineapple slices. Add the little umbrella to it for a cute, beachy presentation.
5. Pumpkin Pie Boozy Punch
Here’s a perfect solution to the drinks section of your Halloween parties and Fall events. This bright orange, thick, and creamy drink will make your mouth water and will make you an instant hit among your guests. Try out this easy-to-make and savory cream soda cocktail and you’ll know what we are talking about!
- 1 canned pumpkin
- 2 cups cream soda
- 2 cups spiced apple cider
- ½ cup rum
- Whipped cream for topping
- Pumpkin spice
- In a bowl, add pumpkin and apple cider, and whisk it well.
- Add cream soda and rum to it.
- Stir the mix lightly and pour into a glass.
- Top the drink with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.
Cream soda cocktails are the solution for frothy, delectable cocktails, and mocktails. They are suitable for every occasion and every person, and they are popular amongst kids and high-spirited adults alike. Holidays and housewarming parties, beach days, and get-togethers will never go dry or dull with these easy-to-make drinks.
Despite the low alcohol content in cream soda cocktails, one can never be too cautious. So, ensure your health before letting yourself lose at parties. Drink responsibly and stay safe!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is in a cream soda?
Cream soda is usually made of a mixture of carbonated water, vanilla syrup, and cream.
Q2. Is cream soda good with whiskey?
Yes, it goes well with whiskey.
Q3. Are cream soda and vanilla the same?
No, they are different.
Q4. Does cream soda go with gin?
Yes, it goes well with spiced guns.
Q5. Is wine healthier than soda?
Drinking wine is better than soda.