As winter unravels its silvery tresses all around us, it brings with it a somber and sentimental mood. All around us, we begin to see signs of the year coming to an end, all the final changes building towards a grand exist. The weather is blue and grey—and so are our hearts, matching it perfectly. It seems that there is little left to do except for lying under our cozy blankets, holding hands as we wait for a new year to begin, hoping that it brings with it something brighter.
Well, as much as we are all awaiting a new start, a second chance to redeem ourselves and do better than we did this time, there is still some time left for the year to end. As heavy and hard as the rest of the year might have been, it is up to us to make the most of these last few hours. Sure, sitting in a corner of the room and shedding a few tears is inevitable, but who says that we can’t laugh and toss our head back to the music at the same time? As sad we may be, there is still joy left in us, a joy that will burst forth like magic in 2022.
So, we have something for you which might brighten your plans. Sure, we may all be stuck in our homes, but why should we let that turn our tongues sour? We can still make these ordinary moments special by making little holders of happiness—drinks, food, and endless love. We can still make these seconds taste sweet.
Today, we are going to tell you how to add a spot of color to your December blues with these 3 margarita cocktail recipes that you can try at home!
There is no better way to kick off this list than to start with the original margarita recipe. Margarita is a Mexican tequila-based cocktail that makes for a delicious cool drink with the perfect balance of sour and sweet. It can be just what you need at the end of an exhausting year.
To get started with this drink, you will need:
1. The very first thing you need to do is rim the glass. The salty rim of the margarita cocktail glass is what adds that extra ‘oomph’ to the drink. All you need to do is put the kosher salt on a small plate.
2. Then, rub a slice of lime all around the rim of your glass, so that it can act as a natural adhesive for the salt to stick. Then, dip the rim of the glass in the kosher salt, so that it makes the salt rim for your margarita recipe. Set this glass aside.
3. Next, put the tequila, triple sec, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker which is filled with ice cubes. Proceed to shake it well so that all these ingredients mix properly.
4. Then, strain this mixture into your salt-rimmed glass, being careful to not disturb the delicate layer of salt. You can choose to add fresh ice to your glass before this or skip the ice completely, depending on your preference.
5. Give a final touch to your classic margarita by tucking a lime wedge on the rim. After this, you are free to serve and relax as you sip your margarita.
Note: Some people prefer to not have the salt rim, so you can either skip that or serve the margarita cocktail with a straw!
This next margarita recipe makes for a delicious frozen drink that is perfect for summertime but may also suit those who are feeling a little adventurous this winter. A creamsicle margarita lets you enjoy the combined flavor of cocktail and cream.
To get started with this drink, you will need:
1. The very step remains the same as the classic margarita: you need to rim the glass, except this time you will use sugar instead of salt. Simply rub the slice of lime or the slice of orange around the rim of the glass and dip this rip in a plate of sugar.
2. Put the orange juice, triple sec, tequila, vanilla ice cream, and ice in a blender, mixing them until you have a smooth textured liquid.
3. Pour this mixture in the sugar-rimmed glass, garnishing with a slice of lime and a slice of orange tucked onto the rim of the glass.
That’s all it takes for your creamsicle margarita to be ready and you can just let yourself enjoy its cool sweetness now!
Who says we can’t try to make cocktails at least a little bit healthy? This last margarita cocktail recipe brings you the light buzz of tequila combined with the fruity goodness of watermelon. This is the perfect drink to try after a tiresome day when you just want the taste of fresh fruit to make all the exhaustion go away.
To make this drink, you will need:
1. First, you need to prepare the rim of the margarita cocktail, as usual. This time, the rim will be made of a mixture of sea salt and chili powder, to go along with the watermelon taste.
2. All you need to do is run a wedge of lime around the rim of your glass and dip it in a plate that is filled with the salt-chili powder mixture.
3. Now, place the watermelon cubes inside a cocktail shaker and muddle them till you get a pulpy solution.
4. Now, add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and ice to this same shaker. Proceed to shake until all the ingredients have combined nicely.
5. Then, strain this mixture in the rimmed glass, with ice placed inside, if you want.
6. For a final touch, simply garnish using a slice of lime, a cube of watermelon, and then place a sprig of mint to finish the recipe. At the end of it all, you should have your wonderful watermelon margarita cocktail in your hands, waiting for you to bask in its incredible taste.
Ultimately, remember to have fun while also taking care of yourself in the process. It can be easy to get carried away when drinking alcohol, so keep an eye on how many drinks you consume. Overdrinking might be tempting at the moment, but it will only bring harm in the long run. It is good to be aware of the alcohol content inside your drinks so you can set a limit for yourself. Also, do not drive anywhere after drinking.
The goal is to relax in such a way that it does not have negative consequences that you have to deal with later. So, remember to kick your feet while also keeping your head in the game. So, make sure you stay safe and have the time of your life!