Shiny, beautiful and soft hands and feet are every girl’s best friends. Moreover, after straining your fingers over the laptop keys or dishwashing with soap just make your hands look and feel terrible. And also after walking barefoot around your house or a day-long in those hurtful heels chaps up your feet. So they need good care. Above all, manicure and pedicure are relax giving after a tiring week.
Manicure and pedicures are so addicting that you wish to visit the salon every now and then which can be heavy on your pocket and sometimes you just don’t feel like taking that tour to the salon. So why not be your own manicurist and pamper yourself at home with professional like manicure and pedicure. Let’s find out step by step by which you can do your mani-pedi by yourself.
But first, here is the list of all the stuff that you are going to need for the process:
- Acetone free nail paint remover and cotton pad
- Nail filler
- Buffing block
- Any srub to exfoliate
- Cuticle oil
- Nail paint of your choice
- Clean towels
- Essential oil (optional)
Here is your step by step guide:
- Remove your nail paint– using an acetone-free nail paint remover, clear your nails of hands and toes. Even if you don’t have a pail paint on, still perform this step to clear any access oil on the nail bed. This is the first step for a manicure.
- Clip or file your nails– after removing the nail paint, either chop your nails short with a nail cutter or just file them in whichever shape you like. Make sure you use a good filer so you don’t harm your delicate nails.
- Use buffing block– sometimes our nails get yellow pigment due to dark-colored nail paints. So to clear that and the surface of your nails, buff them nice with a buffing block. Use a smooth buffing block to get more shine.
- Soak in lukewarm water– using very hot water may harm your skin and nails. Add mild hand wash soap into two mini tubs filled with lukewarm water. Then with a cuticle pusher, push back your cuticle skin. Make sure you don’t harm yourself. Following this, put cuticle oil on the cuticles and then soak your hands and feet for about 15-20 minutes.
- Scrubbing– using a good scrub, massage your hands and feet to exfoliate them. Pay special attention to your heels and cuticles. This will remove the dead skin and will make your hand and feet shine like gold. It will leave the skin feel like silk and will smell really good. After cleaning the scrub off, pat dry your hands and feet with a clean towel.
- Moisturize– using a good hand and feet cream, massage your hands and feet to give them good moisture. Well-hydrated hands and feet will always look very healthy and shiny. After this, wait for a while to let the creams absorb into the skin. The most important step for manicure and pedicure
- Apply base coat– before putting color on your nails, prep them with a thin base coat. This will make sure that the color pops nice and will last longer.
- Choose your favorite nail color– as soon as the base coat gets dry, slather your favorite nail color on the nails. Make sure you put thin layers one after the other as soon as it gets dry. This will give the nail color longevity and will dry faster.
- Topcoat– after you are done with coloring, add topcoat to secure your color. It also soothes away flubs and flaws of the actual nail paint. Topcoat will give a great shine and texture to your color.
- Relax– after you are done just sit relax and don’t touch anything till the nail paint is dry. You can rub essential oil on your hands and feet, in the end, to give them some essence.
Pro tip– if you wish to have a long-lasting pedicure effect, put cotton socks following the procedure. It will keep your feet fresh and hydrated.
Self-pampering is very important for a healthy mind and body. Mani-pedi not just relaxes you but also makes you feel good inside out. You deserve it!