Do you know that rose water is being used in the Middle East as a beauty tool? Yes, it is true and in fact, they are using it for centuries. And with time, the rest of the world caught up with it as well!!
Rosewater is considered one of the ultimate beauty powerhouses. And it is the main reason why well-known brands including Korres, Chantecaille, and Fresh use rose water as the base for numerous of their products.
In this article, I will help you to understand the importance of adding it in your daily makeup routine!!!
Benefits of Rose Water
Take a look at some of the excellent benefits of rose water:
- Controls excess oils
- Moisturizes and hydrates skin
- Reduces blotchiness and redness
- Carries antibacterial properties
- Carries anti-inflammatory properties
- Works like an astringent thus clean out pores as well as tone your skin
Rosewater facial mist won’t ruin your makeup. You can spray rose water to set your makeup.
It will hydrate your skin and keep your makeup looking fresh all day.
Just mist it all over your face and there you go!!
It is also great as a midday pick-me-up when your makeup looks a little dull.
Ways to Use Rose Water in Your Beauty Routine
- Take a cotton pad & apply rose water to your face after cleansing and before laying your serum-soaked sheet mask on top. The rose water will boost your sheet mask’s benefits.
- Consider switching from expensive toner to rose water. Its antibacterial properties will soothe acne-prone as well as irritated skin. It will also hydrate any dry skin. Spritz or pour it on a cotton pad & glide it across your face.
- Keep it in a tiny spray bottle in your kit. Spritzes it on your face to prep your skin for makeup. This will also to refresh, soften, brighten, and tone your skin. When you don’t want to spend a lot on a mist, you can consider rosewater for sure.
- Have you ever seen rosa damascena listed as an ingredient on numerous redness relief products? Yes, right!! This is because its properties also help to reduce irritation and acne.
- Add two tablespoons to a cup of water, pour it down your strands after washing your hair (shampooing & conditioning) for a DIY hair rinse. Your strands will feel like you just gave them a fast deep conditioning treatment!! Great!!!
- Do you suffer from razor burn on your legs or bikini area? If yes, then rose water, that is a mild astringent & antibacterial, can be your best friend. Just pour some on a soft cotton pad and slide it over the irritated spot. Your skin will be cooled, soften, and smoothened.
Make Your Own Rose Water
If your budget is not allowing you to purchase a fully rose-infused skincare regimen, you do not need to worry as you can even consider a simple bottle of pure rose water that you can easily attain at whole foods or various other health markets. Those products can also transform your skin and hair.
By the way, you can also make your own rose water at home. Just follow these steps:
- Fill a pot with fresh rose petals & cover them with distilled water. (The water should be only over the rose petals as too much water can dilute your rose oil)
- Cover the pot. Turn fire to low & slowly bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the heat. Keep cover on. Let the water come to room temperature.
- Once it is at room temperature, then strain out petals & at the end pour it into a sanitized and clean bottle.
There are innumerable fascinating advantages. Most importantly, rose is not something like, “I think it will help” kind of plant. There are many scientific studies done on the benefits of rose that have been also proven.
This spray is not only relaxing and soothing but it is extremely beneficial for your skin as well!!!