Another fruit that needs attention is ‘pear’, a late summer fruit with a rich, velvety texture with a sweet-spicy taste. This fruit has the perfect sweetness and juiciness that would make an excellent ingredient for your cocktails. Let’s look at how to make Une Belle Poire and some other pear cocktails.
A few of the most popular ways to get the sweet taste of pears in your cocktails could be a fresh pear puree, pure vodka or pear nectars. This delicate fruit flavour also goes perfect with plenty of warm spices. Using spices of your choice is also an added benefit of trying pear cocktails.
1. Une Belle Poire cocktail
Une Belle Poire was created by Gavin McGowan Madoo. In 2010 he won the Chambord Rendezvous Winner Best Martini. In 2009 he scored the third position in the Galvin cup Belvedere competition. Une Belle Poire cocktail is a delicious five-ingredient cocktail.
Ingredients required for preparing Une Belle Poire cocktail-
- 1 oz of lemon juice
- half pear
- 2.5 oz of Chambord
- 1.25 oz of Poire William
- 4 oz of G’Vine
- Some pear for garnishing
Follow the below-mentioned steps to prepare the Une Belle Poire recipe-
- Muddle the Poire William and pear in your cocktail mixing jar.
- Add the other ingredients to the container.
- Add some ice and shake all the ingredients for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Double strain the mixed ingredients into a chilled cocktail or martini glass.
- You can use a pear wedge to garnish your Une Belle Poire cocktail.
Additional tip- Make sure to peel and slice the pear to avoid heartbeats from the centre.
2. Peary Bird Vodka cocktail
If you are looking for a cocktail that would give you the goodness and the perfect taste of pear and is fit for any autumn occasion, this is your right choice.
Ingredients required for making Peary Bird Vodka cocktail-
- Half diced pear
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 oz of simple syrup
- One and a half ounces of vodka
- A half-ounce of tuaca
- A half-ounce of B & B
- Some orange peel for garnishing
Steps to follow to prepare peary bird Vodka cocktail-
- In your cocktail shaker, muddle the pear, nutmeg and simple syrup.
- Add B & B, vodka and tuaca.
- Shake the mixture for 10 to 15 seconds and double strain your prepared mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- At last garnish with some flamed orange zest.
You could also make some variation in this recipe. In place of nutmeg, you can use cinnamon. You could use any other spices that you could sprinkle on the top.
In case, B & B is not available, you could replace it with Benedictine or a mixture of Benedictine and brandy.
3. Apple-pear-cinnamon infused vodka cocktail
DIY projects are always interesting, so let’s try DIY for a cocktail recipe. Yes, you can make this cocktail on your own with very simple ingredients. You could consume it directly after preparing also use it as a variation in your other cocktails.
Ingredients required to make Apple-pear-cinnamon infused Vodka cocktail-
- Some sliced apples
- Some sliced pears
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 750 ml of vodka
Steps to follow for preparing apple-pear-cinnamon infused Vodka cocktail-
- Start by cutting the apple and pear into large blocks, almost eight blocks for each fruit. Make sure to remove the seed.
- Take your cocktail shaker, pour 750 ml of vodka and add the diced fruits.
- Shake well for a few seconds.
- Store in a cool and dry place for about 3 to 4 days. Meanwhile, keep checking the taste daily and also keep shaking the prepared mixture daily.
- After 3 to 4 days, add the cinnamon stick and shake again.
- Let it sit for one more day so that all the flavours get absorbed properly.
- When the flavours reach your preferred level, strain out the fruit blocks and cinnamon stick by using a strainer.
There you go, you have your apple-pear-cinnamon infused vodka.
Vodka infusion is a perfect pear cocktail to enjoy. You could add your favourite setup to enjoy this prepared cocktail or consume it the way it is.
4. Autumn spiced tonic cocktail
Ingredients required for making autumn spice tonic cocktail-
- One and a half ounces of apple-pear-cinnamon vodka
- 5 ounces of tonic water
- Your favourite syrup
- Some apple slices for garnishing
Steps to follow for making an autumn spiced tonic cocktail–
- Fill a highball glass with some ice
- Take your prepared infused vodka and add your favourite syrup to it.
- Fill up your glass with tonic water and give it a good stir.
- Finish by garnishing with some apple slices.
There you go, you have your autumn spiced tonic cocktail, Enjoy!
5. French Pear Martini
The taste of the French pear martini cocktail makes us relish all the sweat, floral and sparkle touch that this cocktail provides. It is a combination of pear vodka and St. Germain which is an elderflower liqueur.
Ingredients required for making French pear martini cocktail:
- One and a half oz of St. Germain
- One and a half oz of pear vodka
- One oz of Champagne
- Some superfine sugar for garnishing
Steps to follow for preparing French pear martini cocktail
- Rim your cocktail glass with some superfine sugar. For this wet the sides of your glass using some lemon juice and then roll the edges with some superfine sugar.
- In your cocktail mixing container mix all the ingredients and shake for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixed liquid in your glass and top it up with Champagne.
Quick tip for chilling the glass – any cocktail which is not served with ice cubes, it is always preferable to chill your Cocktail glass to make the cocktail more enjoyable. You could chill your cocktail glass by putting it in the fridge while you are preparing your cocktail. In case you pre-chill it, just put some ice cubes in the cocktail glass while you are mixing your ingredients and you are good to go.