Your skin has to bear with dust, wind, heat, etc., and other such skin stressors for almost every day. And naturally, it deserves some relaxation and care as well. So, we use different types of skincare products, get facial treatments once in a while to keep our skin healthy and experiment with various such things for our skin.
But the world of skincare and facial products goes beyond your imagination because there are innumerable varieties of products and treatments for a single problem of the skin.
And snail slime for skin is one such type of skincare which has started to get popular nowadays.
Here is the ultimate guide for snail slime skincare to help you in exploring the world of beauty and skincare more easily.
What is snail slime?
It is a type of mucus that is produced by snails in the form of external bodily secretion. And as the name suggests, it is a slimy and sticky substance in nature. The secretion is rich in antioxidants and some proteins of high and low molecular weights, which is why it is used greatly in the field of cosmetics as well as in that of medicine.
There are even special snail facials wherein a couple of snails are kept on your face and the snail mucin which is rich in nutrients and skin-healing properties is secreted gradually. And as weird and sketchy as it sounds, snail facials are perfectly safe and are genuinely helpful for your skin. In fact, it has essentially been a part of Asian skincare routine since quite a long time.
Snail slime for skin
It has numerous beneficial properties that will help to keep your skin healthy and protect it from skin stressors as well. It is present in the form of creams, skin cleansers, moisturisers, face serums, and it is present even in the gel form.
Take a look at some of the best benefits of snail slime skincare and how it works wonders for some of the most annoying skin problems:
- Snail slime works significantly as a hydrating agent as it contains hyaluronic acid, which is extremely helpful in plumping and lifting your skin.
- It boosts up collagen production in your skin as it contains a great level of antioxidants, which also help with healing your skin and calming inflammation in the skin.
- It’s healing properties also tend to help with razor burns and scars.
- Snail slime for acne is one of the best ways to treat your acne scars as the antimicrobial properties that it tends to contain, help to keep acne at bay. It also helps with certain types of rosacea.
- It is also known for improving hyperpigmentation.
- Its anti-ageing properties help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles to a great extent.
- It also helps in fading dark spots, thereby making your skin look more radiant and even-toned.
How should you apply it?
The application of snail slime more or less depends on the product you are using because that will help you gain a clearer idea of how much to apply, which areas to apply it to, for how long, etc.
Here are certain ways which you can try out if you are using the mentioned products:
Firstly, you need to start with skin cleansing just like you would before going ahead with any skincare routine. After that, take a small amount of snail gel and apply it to your face in little spots. Then, softly pat and dab your skin with your fingertips so that it absorbs the gel.
If you wish to utilise it for moisturising purposes, then you can use it as a night cream and put it on before sleeping. Or you could also use it every evening on clean skin as the final step of your skincare routine.
The best way to use snail slime as a multi-purpose skin hydrating agent and anti-ager would be to use it in the form of a serum; spray or apply it every morning after cleansing before the application of any other product, and at night before sleeping.
Best products for snail slime skincare
It is of utmost importance that you choose your skincare products wisely because your skin is delicate and requires the best care.
So, here’s a list of the best and most recommended snail slime cosmetic products to make your trip to the cosmetic store easier!
- Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream
- Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask
- Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
- TonyMoly Timeless Ferment Snail Cream
- Cos RX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
And the best part is they won’t overdo your budget either!
Precautions and side effects
Even though snail slime is often used for skin-healing and treating purposes, it might irritate your skin at times and may also result in side effects. This is because your skin takes time to get used to new products and it might not get used to it at all either if it’s extra sensitive or of a certain type.
So, before buying snail slime skincare, keep these things in mind:
- The major and the most common side effect of using it is that your skin might be or get allergic to it. So, test it before application.
- If your dermatologist has prescribed you some medication or a specific set of skincare products, then it would be best to consult him before using snail slime for skin.
- Consistency of certain snail slime products may or may not differ as per the environmental and extraction conditions of the snail mucin.
- Do not forget to cleanse your skin thoroughly before the application of any snail slime skincare product.
- Although you can prepare almost every other thing at your home itself and make it a more natural version of the product, it is not exactly advisable to do so with snail slime products because it has high chances of leading to some sort of infection.
- Last but not the least, don’t go overboard while applying the product on your skin; dip a small amount with your fingertips and pat it on your face gently, not harshly or roughly.
So, if you wish to find out whether or not it truly works as the hype tells you, try out the snail slime for skin to see for yourself!