Annoyed with your flabby arms? Dreaming to wear a short sleeve or sleeveless dress or top with toned arms?? We ladies sure do have a lot of dreams, don’t we? One of them is to have that perfect body. So, here you will get to know how you can get your arms toned by doing these easy peasy exercises right at home. You can do it without any weight or use the minimum weight available or according to your preference.
ALWAYS WARM UP BEFORE WORKING OUT.
You can do this either by sitting on a bench or in standing position.
- Place your hands with weights by your side, with your palms facing forward.
- Exhale, bend your elbows and pull the weight towards your shoulder slowly.
- Keep your upper arm and wrist still and only move your forearm up to your elbow joint.
- Curl your forearms up so that there is a little gap between your palms and your shoulder.
- Inhale while coming back to your original position.
- Do this 8- 10 times in 3 sets. h
A little tip: KEEP YOUR SPINE STRAIGHT THROUGHOUT THE WORKOUT.
- Place your hands by your side, with your palms facing inward.
- Bend your knees slightly and keep your back straight.
- Exhale and lift your arms slowly up to your shoulder level only.
- Inhale and lower down your arms to the initial position.
- Do this 10-12 times.
- Hold the dumbbells with your palms facing inward towards your torso.
- Bend your knees a bit.
- Bend over slightly and keep your back straight.
- Exhale and swing your forearms towards your back slowly.
- Your upper arms should stay still while moving you forearms.
- Pause for a moment, inhale and retreat to your initial position.
- Do this 10-15 times in 2-3 sets.
- Stand straight and hold a dumbbell on each hand
- Bend your arms and place your hands at the shoulder level.
- Exhale and lift your arms slowly over your head.
- Take a pause when overhead.
- Inhale and return to the original position.
- Do this 12 times per set.
- Stand with your feet aligning with your shoulder and keep your back straight.
- Hold down the dumbbells in front of your thighs and your palms facing back towards your body.
- Exhale and raise the weights gently and your palms facing down.
- Inhale and gently bring back the weight to its initial position.
- Do this 12 times per set.
- Hold the weights with your palms facing upwards by your side and bend your knees slightly.
- Follow the technique of bicep curl and then turn your arms out.
- Lift your arms all the way up over your head which is the overhead raise.
- Bring your arms to the original position in a controlled manner.
- Do this 12 times a set.
Overhead triceps extension:
- Raise your hands along with the weights over your head.
- Bend your hands behind your head slowly. Move only your forearms and the upper arms should stay still.
- Keep your elbows adjacent to your ears while moving.
- Lift your forearms gradually over your head again.
- Aim four sets of 10 times.
- Stand straight and extend your arms sideways at a 90-degree angle to your body.
- Move your arms in circular motion in one direction.
- Repeat the motion in the opposite direction as well.
- There is no fixed set for this exercise.
This exercise for arms can be done in several ways. I will be talking about the easiest one.
- Face and place your hands on a wall, standing at your arm’s length.
- Keep your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Lean forward towards the wall with your palms aligned to the shoulder’s position.
- Inhale and bend your upper body towards the wall and exhale while coming back to your original position.
- Do this exercise 10 times in 3 sets.
- Place your hands on the mat slightly more than your shoulder width.
- Keep your feet together with your toes holding you up.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds or more to be effective.
Achieving forearms of your dreams is not a piece of cake. You will have to work hard for it. If you keep exercising on a regular basis, then surely you will have your arms toned in no time. Another reminder, if you are new to the world of workouts, then you should definitely take guidance from a good gym instructor.