While garlic has got a bit of a bad reputation due to its strong smell that lingers on your breath hours after you have consumed it, we all still know just how necessary of an ingredient it is when it comes to adding that little extra taste in your food.
Garlic, when consumed in a limit and used correctly, can not only be the delicious push your food needs but also an extremely invaluable source of nutrition and other health benefits. It may look ordinary, but it has a whole set of magical abilities packed inside. Consuming garlic in the morning can enhance these abilities even more.
Every morning when you wake up, your body begins a whole set of processes. Thus, the way you treat yourself in those few first hours after waking up can set your whole mood for the rest of the day. Thus, it is important to start strong, with something healthy if you can. One of the ways in which you can do this is by consuming raw garlic with water every morning and we’re here to tell you just why!
Health benefits of garlic
Before trying out anything new, it is important to know more about it. So, before learning about the benefits of garlic water, let’s first talk about the benefits of garlic. Garlic as a spice has been used for its medicinal properties since ancient times.
Because of being anti-bacterial and anti-fungal in nature, garlic gives your body the support it needs in fighting against harmful external germs. It can help in the prevention of many diseases as well as increase your body’s strength in healing. Here are a few of the important health benefits of garlic:
- When added to food, it kills harmful germs such as bacteria present in it. It also helps improve digestion and eases bloating, ensuring that your meal is digested safely.
- Garlic is one of the foods that can boost your immunity, even said to be one of the possible cancer-preventing foods which, when added to your diet, can reduce your chances of getting cancer.
- Along with the health benefits of garlic, It’s anti-oxidizing properties also make it one of the natural beauty remedies to improve the quality of your skin and hair.
Benefits of drinking garlic in hot water
Now that you know all about why garlic is so beneficial, you may be thinking that it can’t get any better, right? Well, we’re here to tell you that, in fact, it does get better. Garlic by itself is already extremely magical, but add a glass of warm water to it and drink it first thing in the morning to double the magic.
Water with garlic on an empty stomach can prepare your body for a busy day and get all its systems working smoothly. It can support your metabolism while it supplies you with its helpful properties.
So before you turn up your nose at the thought of its taste, here are a few benefits of drinking garlic in hot water that may help change your mind:
- Drinking water with garlic first thing in the morning can be very beneficial for your lipid profile because raw garlic works effectively as a blood thinner and stabilises your cholesterol levels along with managing high blood pressure.
- It can be difficult to consume garlic on its own, especially raw, because of its strong taste. Adding it to water makes it easier for you to swallow it down and soothes its pungent taste a little.
- Drinking lukewarm water in the morning can kickstart your metabolic system, ensuring that you burn more calories throughout the day. Hence, one of the garlic water benefits is weight loss if one wishes for that effect as well.
- Raw garlic has many antibiotic properties, especially because of its sulfur constituents which can alleviate many bacterial problems, including healing lung diseases, as well as strengthening the gut to ensure better absorption of food.
- Hot water with garlic can also be soothing for digestive troubles and ease stomach issues such as diarrhoea and bloating.
- Garlic is also helpful when it comes to managing blood sugar levels, having to potentially lower some diabetes complications.
- Raw garlic with water can act as a detox agent to help remove toxins from your body, making you feel light and fresh. If you have a heavy meal at night and wake up feeling bloated and uncomfortable, drinking some raw garlic with water can help ease these symptoms as well.
- There are a few pieces of evidence which suggest that garlic can help reduce bone mass loss which happens for women when their estrogen levels decrease after menopause. Thus, if you want to maintain your bone strength, garlic water benefits can be a good addition to your other bone-care methods.
How to take raw garlic with water ?
While it is not rocket science to figure out how to take raw garlic with water, there are still a few tips you could keep in mind:
- Make sure that the garlic is fresh because if you leave the garlic out in the open for too long, many of its properties can get depleted.
- Make sure to not overdo on the garlic and to only take between 1 to 2 cloves maximum per day, because otherwise, the garlic can cause bad breath and other side effects. Especially if taken too much on an empty stomach, garlic can actually cause tummy problems and aggravate them.
- Make sure that you are not allergic to garlic in any way. If you are pregnant, make sure to ask your doctor before trying this out.
Start your day with garlic, and keep yourself fresh and happy
Before starting any kind of home remedy, always make sure to give yourself time to adjust. Some people have particularly sensitive stomachs and thus, may not be able to handle this. Likewise, there may be others you are very sensitive to smell and taste, which means garlic won’t suit them. It’s okay if a remedy is not for you, it doesn’t make you wrong or less, in any way. All you need to search for an option that most makes you comfortable.
If you have decided to give raw garlic with water a try, after all, then give yourself some days to get used to the taste. See how it works for a week if it sticks and makes your body will content, then it might just be the natural remedy for you!