A thick healthy hair portrays a woman’s beauty. And you can get that by simply oiling your hair. It is an ancient technique yet the best one to date.
You can have as many hairstyles you like if you have strong hair. And to have the pleasure of trying all sorts of things on your hair is really amazing. Trying new styles or new colour, without having to worry about the health of your hair is priceless.
Yes, it’s true that using too many chemicals on your hair is harmful. But you can take care of your body as well as your hair by pampering regularly. It is a great habit to pamper yourself. It is the best way to show love and affection towards your body.
Whatever the type of your hair is, straight, curly, wavy, long or short, your hair should be healthy and strong. Hence, maintain your hair and keep it safe from the harmful chemicals. The best way is, as we have already mentioned earlier “Oiling Your Hair”.
Oiling your hair and your scalp is an easy way to strengthen. Proper oiling your hair at specific intervals of the period, keeps your hair nourished.
Doing so will also prevent your precious hair from the harsh UV rays from the sun, pollution, and chemicals.
So, provide your hair with enough strength to withstand these harmful things and stay healthy. And you can do so by oiling your hair on a regular basis. There are numerous benefits of oiling your hair.
Is Oiling Your Hair Good?
What do you think? Is oiling your hair good? Yes, it is good without any doubt. It conditions the hair from root to the tip and makes it soft, silky, and healthy.
The following are the pros and cons of oiling your hair.
Oiling your hair has a lot of benefits. It is the oldest strategy and is the best one.
Nourishes The Scalp
The best effect of oiling your hair is that it nourishes the scalp. Oils provide total nourishment to dry skin. It reduces the problem of dandruff.
You will gradually notice that your scalp becomes smooth. Oil your hair at least twice a week to get amazing results.
Massage your scalp thoroughly. And wash it using your regular shampoo and cold water. Doing so will remove the dead skins from your scalp and will provide nourishment.
Nourishes The Hair
Oiling your hair delivers nourishment to your hair as well. It bestows deep conditioning of your hair from root to the tip.
Oiling your hair on a regular basis empowers the hair and makes it soft and silky. Whenever you use oil on hair, always massage deeply, and put it evenly.
You can put oil at night and let your hair absorb the nutrients and essentials overnight. If you wish, you can also use it during the day time and keep it for at least 2 to 3 hours before washing it.
Oiling your hair reduces the breakage of hair and split ends.
Boosts Blood Circulation
Oiling or massaging your scalp clears the blocks and activates the capillaries under your scalp. It enhances the blood circulation resulting in less hair fall.
Active blood circulation strengthens the root of your hair and makes it healthy.
Best Hair Tangle Remover
Hair oil acts as a hair tangle remover. It is natural and very effective. As it is natural, it has no side-effects. Hair oils make the hair slippery and help to easily untangle.
Disadvantages Of Oiling Your Hair
Every coin has two sides, so does oiling your hair. This ancient technique possesses some cons too.
Massaging oil on your scalp makes the hair quite sticky. Sticky hair absorbs a huge amount of dirt and dust. This is very unhealthy and unhygienic.
Do not keep your hair oily for a long time. It will ultimately soak up a lot of pollution and cause infection. So, always wash your hair before you step out of your house.
Some hair oil has odours. This will affect your overall personality if you do not take proper care of it. If you are using any odorous hair oil, switch to better-smelling oil or oils with no smell.
Prefer a non-smelling oil as it does not contain any chemicals added to it. If you have a migraine, avoid strong smelly hair oils. It might cause headaches.
Over-Oiling Makes Your Hair Greasy
Too much of everything is always bad. Whatever you do, do it with an appropriate amount. Never use too much oil on your hair.
An appropriate amount of hair oil will give you better results compared to a larger amount of hair oil.
Heavy sticky oils are very hard to remove. And when you try to remove it completely, you will need a lot of shampoos. Wash it as many times as you require to omit the greasiness.
Some Of The Best Hair Oils You Can Use
- Coconut Oil: coconut oil and hair are BFF. It is known to every single person in this world. Grandmothers are obsessed with coconut oil massages.
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is light and provides thorough nourishment.
- Pure Mustard Oil: pure mustard oils are good for health as well as for hair. This oil kills bacterias present on the scalp. But do not use a large amount of oil since it is very heavy. Use a limited amount. Too much oil will make your hair greasy.
- A mixture of coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil: this mixture is a secret to healthy hair. It works like magic. Remember to use a small amount of castor oil. It is very heavy.
Steps to oil your hair
- Hot Oil Massage: There are a variety of hot oil products in the market you can use. Get yourself a good hot oil massage in a salon or at home. Wash it after 2 to 3 hours.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil massage is great for your hair and scalp. Take some coconut oil in your palm and massage it directly on your scalp. Rub the oil evenly all over your head and your hair from root to tip. Let it sit overnight and wash it the next day.
- Mixture Of Oils: Things you need are coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil. Take coconut oil according to the length of your hair. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and 2 drops of castor oil. Mix it properly and apply it thoroughly.
Oiling Hair Everyday
Oiling your hair every day is not advisable. You should give the freedom to breathe to the roots of your hair. Oil your hair after every alternate day or at least twice a week.