Multani Mitti, also known as Fuller’s Earth, is an alkaline soil rich in minerals and volcanic ash. The alkali content of the soil corrects imbalances and neutralizes the skin tone leaving it soft and supple.
Thousands of women and beauty therapists adhere to Multani mitti benefits as nature’s wonder for the skin. It is an active ingredient to get rid of skin issues and achieve glowing, blemish-free skin since ages.
It also acts as a skin cleanser and purifier to clean, exfoliate and nourish the skin. The active elements present in the natural product effectively absorb oil, dirt, sweat as well as impurities, leaving the skin clean and soft.
Multani Mitti Benefits for Skin
- Multani Mitti fights acne and pimples
- It easily excess sebum and oil from the skin making it fresh
- It deeply cleanses the skin removing impurities, dirt and sweat. Use Multani Mitti for pimples too.
- it effectively treats skin pigmentation issues
- it helps treat sunburn, skin rashes and infections
- Multani mitti can also be used as a cold compresses to treat skin inflammation and insect bites
- It promotes blood circulation
- It helps in removing blackheads/whiteheads, blemishes, freckles and pimple/acne spots
- Multani Mitti is a natural antiseptic ingredient.
Multani mitti is one of the ingredients that can be found in every mother’s beauty kit. Women would mix the magical clay with rose water or milk and apply on their faces. It is one of the most sought after cures for the majority of skin-related issues. The multani mitti benefits for face have also made it global rage nowadays.
How to Use Multani Mitti?
Here we have mentioned some o the best uses of Multani Mitti
1. Multani mitti benefits for oily skin
Multani mitti is a useful product for oily skin. Many skin specialists recommend Multani mitti as a face pack for oily skin. Mix equal proportions of orange peel powder and Multani mitti with rosewater, apply on the face, let it dry and wash off.
Using multani mitti face pack twice a month would help to remove and control excess oil off the face and acne/pimple breakouts.
2. Multani mitti benefits for Dark Circles
Multani mitti face pack efficacy in treating dark circles is unbeatable. To get rid of dark circles, grate half of a potato, mix it with lemon juice, one teaspoon fresh cream and Multani mitti. Blend the ingredients into a paste and apply it on the eyes. Leave it on for twenty minutes and wash off. You will observe a noticeable difference in the dark circles.
3. Scrub & Exfoliate
One of Multani Mitti benefits is a natural cleanser agent. The deep-cleansing properties of the clay unclogs pores remove excess oil and impurities and purify the skin, leaving it fresh and supple.
Multani mitt face pack is also acts as a great natural scrub for the skin.
- For exfoliating the skin, mix orange peel, sandalwood powder and Multani mitti. One can also add gram flour and basil to the paste and use it as a deep cleaning scrub for the skin. Use the paste once or twice every week for the best results.
- You can also mix one tablespoon of Multani Mitti and Fresh Yoghurt to form a paste. Massage the paste on damp skin leave it until dry and rinse it off with water.
- For cleansing, mix half tablespoon of Multani Mitti with Fresh Yoghurt to form a creamy paste. Massage the paste on damp skin and rinse it off with water.
4. Multani mitti benefits for deep exfoliating
Multani mitti face mask is useful for removing dead skin and dirt from the face. You would need one tablespoon of lime juice, brown sugar, sabudana and one teaspoon of Multani mitti.
Add the sabudana and lime juice in a pan and let it thicken over a low flame. Stir it thoroughly, take it off from the gas and let it cool. After that, add sugar and Multani mitti to the paste and massage the face with the mix. Leave it for 10 mins, and clean the face later with a dampen cloth. The Multani mitti face pack for oily skin can also be used as a body scrub.
The Multani Mitti face mask also adds natural oils to the skin to moisturize it from within. You can also make the mask by adding two teaspoons of Multani Mitti with Yogurt, Honey and Aloe Vera Juice to create a finely textured paste. Apply the paste on damp skin, let it semi-dry and rinse it off with water.
5. Multani mitti benefits for De-tan & Pigmentation
Multani Mitti is the best remedy for curing skin tanning. The magical clay lightens skin pigmentation and evens the skin tone. It also has a soothing effect on inflamed skin and cures sun damage.
To make a paste, mix one tablespoon Multani Mitti with a teaspoon Tomato Juice, Lime Juice, Milk and Honey. Apply the pack on the face and leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off.
6. Multani mitti benefits for Acne Skin
Multani mitti is rich in magnesium chloride and helps to remove acne and blackheads effectively. To make the paste, soak yoghurt and Multani Mitti for around 20 minutes. Mix the paste with by adding freshly grounded mint leaves to it. Apply the paste on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water
7. Multani Mitti benefits for hair
One of the best Multani mitti benefits is, it is also useful for hair. One can apply Multani mitti for hair to get shiny and healthy locks. Take three tablespoons of Multani mitti and mix it with an egg. Further, add amla juice, lemon juice and one tablespoon of beer into the paste and mix well. Apply on the hair, leave it for 20 minutes and shampoo it off.
Multani mitti benefits are genuinely nature’s boon to gaining beautiful skin and hair. But more than just giving a clean complexion, Multani mitti can also be used as an antiseptic for wounds.
Just create pure water and the magical clay paste and apply it over the affected region. The wounds would start healing in no time. Always ensure that Fuller’s earth is stored in an air-tight container, away from extreme temperature and moisture.
Also Read: Multani Mitti Face Packs