COVID-19 has beaten all enemies to human existence to date. It is not just a life-threatening disease, it has put a big question mark on the future of this earth we live on. No one knows how to fully prevent or manage the damage caused by COVID-19 the disease caused by coronavirus that has been served to us as a surprise package by nature. There have been bundles of information available online that claims that people with a high level of immunity will be able to fight coronavirus.
Survival of the fittest is what keeps the human race up and about. It is important to keep our immunity up to the mark so no such virus can enter our body, and if it does, we can give it a tough competition. It is not just about keeping our immunity healthy but also boosting immunities of the generation to come. Because clearly our mother earth can surprise us with anything now as a result of our not being kind to her.
Here are some of the remedies that will improve your health and will potentially boost your immunity to keep the borders of our body strong for any disease to enter:
- Sanitization- Especially in today’s scenario of coronavirus and otherwise too, it is important to keep yourself clean and hygienic. Wash your hands every hour to keep yourself safe from the virus. Use hand sanitizer having more than 60% alcohol after any contact with an individual. Do not repeat clothes and preferably slip in fresh clothes twice in a day. The more you stay clean and sanitized, the fewer chances of getting sick.
- No smoking- Cigarettes are the biggest enemy of our health. Smoking puts an individual at the risk of catching an infection. Anyway, smoking is injurious to health and especially in the current sensitive times, it makes you prone to catch infection faster.
- Adequate sleep- An individual who sleeps less will face a number of problems such as indigestion, aches and a weak immune system. Having a good amount of sleep is very important for the good functioning of your body. A study has found out that those individuals who sleep less than seven hours are prone to catch infection than those individuals who sleep for more than eight hours. Our sleeping pattern is directly proportional to our healthy being.
- Exercise- To keep yourself fit and healthy it is imperative to work out for at least an hour every day. No healthy eating is beneficial until you work out. Working out does not mean running a marathon as heavy exercising can actually suppress your immune system. Doing simple stretches or a brisk walk or basic yoga is enough to make you good. But in the current situation, it is advisable to not step out of the house for work out but doing a little physical activity at home only.
- Stress- Our mind is directly related to our bodies. If we think negatively, our body will respond negatively and vice versa. So it is recommended to keep your mind light and do not take any stress about anything. Stress diminishes the power of our immune system. Worrying about work, stock market, supplies of household items, and the disease will only harm your mental and physical well being.
Healthy diet to boost the immune system
What we eat is what we become. There are certain eateries that have proven to boost our immune system. Adding these foods in your diet will help to keep your body healthy:
- Citrus fruits- Vitamin C rich fruits have been known to be very helpful in the cold that is because it helps to build up immunity to fight against the virus causing cold. It is good to increase the number of white blood cells in the blood that fight ith infections. Adding foods like grapefruit, oranges, lemons, limes, and amlas will boost your immunity to fight with infections.
- Fiber-rich food- Roughage has always been known to the best friend of our digestive system. It not only regulates digestion and supplies important nutrition, but it is also great to boost immunity. A salad bowl having a good amount of cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, olives, broccoli, and jalapenos is just what is needed to uplift your immunity.
- Green leafy vegetables- You must add some greens in one of your meals of the day. From spinach to cabbage to beet green to lettuce to avocadoes, greens should be a staple. Having greens will not only provide nutrition but will fight the infections in your body.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is an elixir to stimulate your immune system and fight diseases. But it is advisable to go for plain yogurt instead of flavored or sweet yogurts available in the markets. Taking plain yogurt, you can surely add some fruits or honey or a twist of your choice to it. Yogurt is just the right thing to eat to boost your immunity.
- Nuts- Adopt a habit of eating a handful of nuts everyday post after breakfast. It should include almonds, cashews, walnuts and raisins and you are packed with vitamins and healthy fats. Nuts are very good for health and in turn, boost your immune system.
- Turmeric- Since ages, turmeric has been known to be the best natural antibiotic and antiseptic. Turmeric can fight all the bacterias and viruses. So make sure you take turmeric in your food and in your milk as it can do unseen magic in your body.
- Green tea- Both green and black tea are created with flavonoids, a type of antioxidant. Green tea excels in its levels of epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG. This EGCG is great to enhance the immune system. So green tea is amazing when it’s about powering your immunity.
A balanced diet along with a balanced lifestyle is the key to healthier and disease-free living. Keep up your body’s defense system by adapting to the points mentioned above. No coronavirus can do any harm if you keep yourself fit. Because this is the era of the survival of the fittest. Take care!