Are you planning to visit a supermarket?
Have a month’s shopping?
If yes, then you need to check below coz, we are here to provide you with the utmost advice for grocery shopping, to get the things home safely and store them hassle-free.
With the modernization, grocery has been implicitly subdivided into many categories. Some of the categories include frozen food, dry/baking foods, dairy, meat, etc. The categorization demands certain care while purchasing as well as storing.
Tips to proceed with purchasing:
- Carry the list of items- we women usually get enticed by looking at pretty things or with discounted items that lead us to purchase the product, which actually is a part of the mess in our home and definitely a waste of money. It is always better to make a list of all the items you want to buy and carry that, or else you will have an empty pocket without the wanted items on your cart.
- Take veggie bags with you- carrying veggie bags as per your need would eliminate the charge you are supposed to pay for the carrying bags that they provide.
- Pick up things in a structured manner- always pick up hard items first and then the soft items that are likely to get suppressed. In case you purchase eggs, then leave that for the last pick and if possible carry with your hands. Add the frozen foods at the end of your shopping, before egg would be ok.
- Don’t throw the products on the cart, you need to be gentle.
Arrange the things properly in your vehicle, so that nothing breaks or falls. Also, get home directly after grocery shopping because you have things to keep in the refrigerator. After getting home, wash the perishables with hot water so that there’s no chance of infection or disease. Always keep your refrigerator clean.
- Store the frozen foods in the deep freeze, and keep the temperature below 0 degrees.
- Ensure that the products that you have bought first are consumed first. Store the new pieces before the older ones.
- Have limited pieces, so that no product goes out of expiry.
- Storing foods in temperature less than 40 degrees Celsius minimizes the multiplication of bacteria, hence reduces the chances of bacterial infection.
- Place raw meat and poultry to the bottom of the refrigerator so that juices do not fall over other products, in this way hygiene will be maintained.
- Have a specific space for each item. This will save time to get everything placed
- Keep raw foods and ready to eat foods separate from each other.
- Do not leave containers open, prefer covering it with something. This reduces the chances of bacterial transformation.
- Everyday ingredients such as salt, sugar, tea, coffee can be stored on shelves that are easily reachable.
- Other items such as bread, the bun can be stored in the refrigerator as they are considered healthy only for a day and putting them in the refrigerator would increase their life span.
- Never keep your leftovers in containers that are not tightly covered. They will most likely spread infectious aura.
- Have a dustbin for all your wrappers and wastes and throw them the moment you are done with cooking and cleaning. This will help you and your kitchen stay healthy.
- If you ever have
- any doubt, whether to keep or throw, then for god’s sake throw that.
Importance of proper care towards storing
The proper way of storing food is very necessary because food is the only thing that reaches our whole body. Food poisoning is caused by the consumption of bacteria or virus-contaminated food products. The contaminated foods sometimes are hard to identify hence it is always better to take precautions to stay healthy.
- Proper storing will help you maintain a kitchen decorum
- You will make efficient use of all the things you have purchased
- Consuming contaminated food is prone to cause fungal infections. Therefore make sure your kitchen is well planned
- You will make the most of your money (expenses)
Staying healthy is very important and this is directly proportional to the hygiene that you sustain with your food/kitchen.